Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Prime exclusive: $24.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on June 27, 2014
These plates are perfect for our Griddler. Easy to install, easy to clean (we really love the OXO Good Grips Electric Grill and Panini Press Brush, works really well on the Griddler plates) This is my second set of Griddler Waffle Plates - I love them so much that they were worth buying again but here are three things I learned that may prevent you from buying a second set in the future:

1. The instructions state to spray the plates with non-stick spray prior to use. Do not do this. The plates are already made from high-quality non-stick material and this step is not necessary - in fact it will make the plates eventually an unusable sticky mess. In my experience, using non-stick spray ruins these plates because eventually they will not work properly and you will have to scrape to remove the waffles which by then are a giant pile of cooked batter mess.

2. Do not run through the dishwasher. Again, the instructions state that these are dishwasher safe, but save your bucks and handwash these plates! I'm not sure which of these two ultimately lead to the demise of my first set, but I can't think that a high-heat wash setting in the dishwasher did much to help either. Carefully hand wash (again we use the OXO Good Grips Electric Grill and Panini Press Brush and/or a Norwex cloth with great results)

3. So obvious, but DO NOT use anything but the rubber spatula that came with your Griddler to remove waffles. Period. If you scratch the surface, start saving for another set! Speaking from experience, without thinking I removed waffles with a fork here and there - knicking the surface a few times and it became a big deal when the surface began to rust and peel after washing. Something about serving food cooked on peeling & rusting surfaces isn't really appealing to me :)

Although it may be a little time-consuming, it is worth it every time to preserve these quality plates! I can see them lasting many years when properly cared for.
11 comment| 179 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 19, 2014
The non stick coating bubbles and flakes after a few uses, making it unusable. The quality control on these items are lacking.
review image
22 comments| 135 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 4, 2015
Unfortunately, I returned this item. While it did fit my Cuisinart GR-4 Series Grill, it didn't heat evenly because my early model grill didn't have an element that properly distributed the heat. In later models of the GR-4 the heating coil should extend not only around the perimeter but, also include a loop that covers the interior or center portion. Without this added loop, the sides will brown quicker that the middle and eventually burn before the middle of the waffle is properly cooked. If you're considering purchasing this item, it would be a good idea to remove your current grill plates and look for the lengthened loop of heating element that insures your grill will heat evenly.
0Comment| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 5, 2013
Great with the Griddler GR-4N. Can't really find anything to really complain about. Plates pop in and out easily, heat up quickly, cook evenly (bottom plate side DOES cook a tiny bit more, but tiny difference). Nice sized waffles, fast cook time (4 min or so), waffles pop out easily (tiny bit of spray oil doesn't hurt), consistent desired texture (cook bit more for crispy). Clean up is breeze, let cool and quick hand wash or throw in dishwasher.
I'd like to add, in response to lower ratings for 1) high pricing 2) less than genuine Belgian waffle-ness...
1) I agree, $40 is a bit steep, but being able to use my already multitasking Griddler as a waffle maker, saving space...worth it to me 2) also agree, it's not quite what you get with a single purpose, high-end Belgian waffle maker...but playing with the recipes and considering the convenience...comes pretty close!
review imagereview imagereview image
on December 27, 2016
They're everything I expected. No PAM, no oil, just set the temp to 400 degrees and cook for about 3 minute and 45 seconds to 4 minutes making sure the top lid stays flat on the waffles and the back edge doesn't raise up while cooking. When opening the griddle, the waffles were always on the top plate. But, after a gentle nudge with the plastic tool that comes with the Griddler, they dropped down without leaving a trace of waffle on the plates. Clean up was a snap with little or no residue stuck to the plates. As the instructions say, do not use metal utensils on the plates - plastic or wood will prevent scratching. I also wouldn't put them in the dishwasher. There's no need. I've also read where PAM is not good for nonstick surfaces as residue will build up over time and ruin the non stick part. Oil I've heard is ok.

I noticed that some of the other reviewers had sent pictures and they showed some waffles that looked as if they were cooked unevenly with light and dark areas on the waffles. This happened to me when I ran low on waffle mix for the last batch and only partially filled the plate. Those came out colored unevenly on the tops but I also noticed that the plates weren't flat against each other and that the back edge of the plate had lifted up a bit. Now I see why one of the reviewers on YouTube placed a weight against the handles while cooking. A bit extreme but makes sense.
on October 13, 2016
I was sure hoping these would give me wonderful waffles. What a disappointment! I should have believed the bad reviews I read. Tried three batches, using different timing. Each batch produced the same results...bottom griddle burned the waffle (which you wouldn't know until you removed them), top griddle (which is what you would check for waffle being done) cooked it light brown. Strangely, even the burnt bottoms weren't crisp. They were flabby. All in all this Cuisinart product was a huge disappointment. It is being returned. So glad that Amazon makes returns this easy.
on October 1, 2016
I was so excited to order these. I already had a waffle maker, but the plates were not removable so it was hard to clean. I thought about ordering a waffle maker with removable plates, but figured I should order these since I already had the Cuisinart griddle. Less stuff to store. What a disappointment. These did not heat evenly so the center of the waffle was undercooked and the outside was burned. I haven't had this problem with my two other griddle plates. What a waste.
on October 13, 2014
The Griddler machine itself is a useful and versatile addition to our kitchen, but these Waffle Plates were not very useful. They seem well made and they are easy to swap into the Griddler. However, they cook waffles so slowly that they're no benefit. I also have a Cuisinart Round Classic waffle maker (cheaper than these plates, by the way), and I was looking to expand our waffle-cooking capacity to feed a hungry family. I fired up both machines to do a comparison breakfast, and I cooked three perfectly evenly-brown waffles in the round waffler in the time it took to do one with these waffle plates in the Griddler. The waffle resulting tasted fine, but the browning/cooking was not perfectly even from top to bottom, or across either surface.
Therefore, I wouldn't recommend these plates unless you absolutely don't have space to store a different waffle maker. Since a dedicated waffler cooks faster and better than these plates, and costs less, it simply doesn't make sense to buy this accessory.
We recently purchased these plates in a "bundle" with the Cuisinart 5-in-1 Griddler. You can make a respectable waffle using these plates in the Griddler, and it's great to be able to just detach the plates and put them in the dishwasher for clean-up. I do still enjoy the deep pockets of my old waffle maker (the kind you flip over after adding the batter), but this option for your Griddler is handy, and great for folks who don't have storage space for multiple appliances in their kitchens.
on October 11, 2016
We've had these for about a year now and overall have been extremely pleased with them. We've been diligent not to spray with non-stick and hand wash only but the non-stick surface has a few scratches on it from storage I would assume as I would guess we've used them less than 10 times. Thankfully we haven’t had any issues recently with food sticking to them though so hopefully it won’t be a long term issue but the original plates (griddle and panini) are still in excellent condition after at least five years. I’d give them five stars if they didn’t scratch as easily as this is a great addition to the griddler.