Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon thechi thechi thechi  Echo Dot Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on June 27, 2014
These plates are perfect for our Griddler. Easy to install, easy to clean (we really love the OXO Good Grips Electric Grill and Panini Press Brush, works really well on the Griddler plates) This is my second set of Griddler Waffle Plates - I love them so much that they were worth buying again but here are three things I learned that may prevent you from buying a second set in the future:

1. The instructions state to spray the plates with non-stick spray prior to use. Do not do this. The plates are already made from high-quality non-stick material and this step is not necessary - in fact it will make the plates eventually an unusable sticky mess. In my experience, using non-stick spray ruins these plates because eventually they will not work properly and you will have to scrape to remove the waffles which by then are a giant pile of cooked batter mess.

2. Do not run through the dishwasher. Again, the instructions state that these are dishwasher safe, but save your bucks and handwash these plates! I'm not sure which of these two ultimately lead to the demise of my first set, but I can't think that a high-heat wash setting in the dishwasher did much to help either. Carefully hand wash (again we use the OXO Good Grips Electric Grill and Panini Press Brush and/or a Norwex cloth with great results)

3. So obvious, but DO NOT use anything but the rubber spatula that came with your Griddler to remove waffles. Period. If you scratch the surface, start saving for another set! Speaking from experience, without thinking I removed waffles with a fork here and there - knicking the surface a few times and it became a big deal when the surface began to rust and peel after washing. Something about serving food cooked on peeling & rusting surfaces isn't really appealing to me :)

Although it may be a little time-consuming, it is worth it every time to preserve these quality plates! I can see them lasting many years when properly cared for.
11 comment| 163 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 19, 2014
The non stick coating bubbles and flakes after a few uses, making it unusable. The quality control on these items are lacking.
review image
22 comments| 134 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 1, 2017
I love waffles ! Hate to clean the waffle maker. I have had the griddler for a while and forgot that you can order these waffle plates. Such a pleasure. Waffles are a nice size and you get 4 at a time. The cleanup is a breeze!! Pop off the plates and into the sink for a quick wash and DONE! Yes!!

If you like waffles and have a griddler don't be without these.
on April 12, 2017
I have only just received this product and used it to make a batch of waffles (15 waffles) I used the basic recipe in the recipe book that comes with it and added a little cinnamon and vanilla. Oh my they are delicious and come out perfectly cooked. My kids LOVED them. I froze the leftovers and look forward to making many many more batches in the future!
on February 2, 2015
Wow do we ever like this! Nothing like being able to crank our 4 waffles at a time in three minutes flat (after the Griddler plates heat up). Between us, and some friends, we really gave it a good test..........and enjoyed some great waffles. We added blueberries to the batter (Bisquik recipe on the box) plus more blueberries on top, strawberries too! Yum Yum!

Cleanup is really easy when you are done. It's really handy putting your other Griddler plates in the packaging the waffle-griddles came in while you're making waffles in case you are wondering what to do with your other griddles.
on December 28, 2015
Waffles seem to heat differently from the top to the bottom- not a dealbreaker by any means, I may just have to learn it's idiosyncracies... (should be 4,1/2 stars) First batch was a packaged mix (pancake/waffle punkin spice flavor) with what seems to be a lot of added sugar which seems to brown more than my regular waffle recipie (Bisquick with buttermilk & egg yolks, whip the whites separatly w/ a dash of cream of tarter- folded in the batter) which was the second try. THAT was much better, though the top & bottom weren't the exact shade of golden brown- still TASTED GREAT! My personal opinion is that it may just be the inherient difficulty of getting a tool to do two different things perfectly. If you you have issues with this accessory you won't like any consumer waffler- its better than most. The thing I liked best was the extra space around the edges to catch any batter overflow! Every other waffler I have ever had, lets the extra batter run down the sides and burn. All and all I am very happy so far.
on May 30, 2017
Cuisinart Waffle Plates are great. We originally had panini press and ended up using it occasionally but since we bought waffle plates, I started using it at least 3 times per week. Love it! Does not stick. Wash it with sponge with warm soap and water and don't use metal utensils. I use wooden fork to remove waffles from the press.
on April 2, 2017
We used this for the first time tonight. We bought these plates because we didn't want another appliance and our old waffle maker recently quit. I was surprised by the size and thickness of the waffles. I think they are a perfect size. They cooked evenly and quickly (3 min). I made the basic waffle recipe that came with the plates and all the kids loved them. I am very pleased with my purchase so far and thrilled they are dishwasher safe.
on May 24, 2017
It does the job but the waffles don't come up perfect. I think it's too thick. I need to play with it some more.
But they are nice to go with my panini. Grill machine.
on September 7, 2015
Our waffle iron stopped working and we were looking for a new one. None of the waffle irons were what we wanted. Then we saw the waffle plates were available for the Griddler. The price was right and added to what was already a heavily used multitasker in our kitchen.

The down side was these new plates pointed out that our 10 y/o Griddler was wearing out. And the waffle plates did not work as well as we hoped. We purchased a new Griddler now everything works well. Great batches of waffles have been made. We are also experimenting with uses for the plates, but even if they are just used for waffles, we still gained some cabinet space.