Hill Climb Racing 2 Check out Santa's new ride Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch All is Bright PCB for Musical Instruments $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Show Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 27, 2014
These plates are perfect for our Griddler. Easy to install, easy to clean (we really love the OXO Good Grips Electric Grill and Panini Press Brush, works really well on the Griddler plates) This is my second set of Griddler Waffle Plates - I love them so much that they were worth buying again but here are three things I learned that may prevent you from buying a second set in the future:

1. The instructions state to spray the plates with non-stick spray prior to use. Do not do this. The plates are already made from high-quality non-stick material and this step is not necessary - in fact it will make the plates eventually an unusable sticky mess. In my experience, using non-stick spray ruins these plates because eventually they will not work properly and you will have to scrape to remove the waffles which by then are a giant pile of cooked batter mess.

2. Do not run through the dishwasher. Again, the instructions state that these are dishwasher safe, but save your bucks and handwash these plates! I'm not sure which of these two ultimately lead to the demise of my first set, but I can't think that a high-heat wash setting in the dishwasher did much to help either. Carefully hand wash (again we use the OXO Good Grips Electric Grill and Panini Press Brush and/or a Norwex cloth with great results)

3. So obvious, but DO NOT use anything but the rubber spatula that came with your Griddler to remove waffles. Period. If you scratch the surface, start saving for another set! Speaking from experience, without thinking I removed waffles with a fork here and there - knicking the surface a few times and it became a big deal when the surface began to rust and peel after washing. Something about serving food cooked on peeling & rusting surfaces isn't really appealing to me :)

Although it may be a little time-consuming, it is worth it every time to preserve these quality plates! I can see them lasting many years when properly cared for.
11 comment| 150 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 19, 2014
The non stick coating bubbles and flakes after a few uses, making it unusable. The quality control on these items are lacking.
review image
22 comments| 126 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 30, 2016
The ONLY bad thing about this product is you'll gain about 5lbs eating waffles regularly. It's so easy to make waffles & clean up that they are no longer a special breakfast, they are the norm.

BUT, you're also the cool mom who makes the special breakfast like it's nothing...because it is!

I mastered chocolate, banana, sunflower seed butter & chocolate chip waffles. My favorite experiment were the savory waffles that we used to make egg bacon sandwiches with...Mmmmm.
on July 20, 2017
After I saw these waffle plates for the Cuisinart Griddler at a local housewares store, I bought them from Amazon for half the price. Paying heed to the reviews, I ascertained that I had the model that they were designed for. The waffles came out fluffy and delicious, and do not stick at all to the plates. Cleanup is easy. I am delighted not to need a second bulky appliance. It is important to use the proper temperature settings as noted in the instructions that come with the waffle plates to assure proper baking. I am very pleased overall, and especially happy to add another function to the Cuisinart Griddler that has already proven itself so useful in my kitchen.
on March 28, 2015
I've only had these plates for a few hours (they just got delivered this morning!), but I have absolutely zero regrets purchasing them. True, they're 1/3 the price of the Griddler which seems a little steep. However, they do a magnificent job making deep-pocketed, well-browned waffles. I used a little Pam to spray the plates prior to putting in the batter, but they didn't need it as the waffles easily slipped out. I have a newer Griddler and haven't had any issues with uneven heating, but I could see that being a problem with an older model that might have bent coils. All-in-all an awesome purchase.
review image
on October 20, 2015
These plate attached securely to my Griddler and heated up nice and even. I liked the size of the waffles and the depth of the pockets. I was able to use this without having to use a non-stick spray since I have heard sprays can damage the coating of the grill plates over time. A little pricey for what they are since you can almost buy a stand-alone waffle maker for the price, but it does add functionality to your existing Cuisinart Griddler.
on May 2, 2017
Amazing addition for the panini press.. Granted it takes a little trial and error to get good waffle but once you have it dialed in the waffles you get out aren't playing around.

A caveat is that this is not as good as a dedicated waffle iron. However I already had the panini press and how often I eat waffles (hint a lot more often now) this is more than adequate for my uses.

Once i started using a small twist timer I very quickly was able to dial in on the optimum time and temp for MY perfect waffle.
on March 9, 2017
Completely useless for waffles. I've tried everything I can think of and searched everywhere for a way to correctly cook waffles using these plates. Nothing works. They cook cinnamon rolls very well, but that's not what I bought them for. Extremely disappointed because the waffle plates were 60% of the reason I wanted the Griddler in the first place.
on March 14, 2017
They're from Cuisinart so they fit my Cuisinart grill just as I expected. The nonstick coating is different than what I've seen on other cookwear. This cleans up very easily. I did wash and season them with cooking oil before my first use. The coating also feels harder than most. I suspect that it will hold up well to repeated use and washing. I still wouldn't use metal tools on it. I'll update my review if I start to see problems with the coating.
A really nice set of waffle plates that marries to the Cuisinart Griddler. We find making waffles and cleanup really easy and do not need to put them in the dishwasher, just use a plastic mesh scrub pad and mild soap. Waffles cook evenly and make four evenly cooked waffles in about 3 minutes. Make sure to set the temperature of the top grill to sear while the bottom to about 350 degrees for best results.