Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on June 27, 2014
These plates are perfect for our Griddler. Easy to install, easy to clean (we really love the OXO Good Grips Electric Grill and Panini Press Brush, works really well on the Griddler plates) This is my second set of Griddler Waffle Plates - I love them so much that they were worth buying again but here are three things I learned that may prevent you from buying a second set in the future:

1. The instructions state to spray the plates with non-stick spray prior to use. Do not do this. The plates are already made from high-quality non-stick material and this step is not necessary - in fact it will make the plates eventually an unusable sticky mess. In my experience, using non-stick spray ruins these plates because eventually they will not work properly and you will have to scrape to remove the waffles which by then are a giant pile of cooked batter mess.

2. Do not run through the dishwasher. Again, the instructions state that these are dishwasher safe, but save your bucks and handwash these plates! I'm not sure which of these two ultimately lead to the demise of my first set, but I can't think that a high-heat wash setting in the dishwasher did much to help either. Carefully hand wash (again we use the OXO Good Grips Electric Grill and Panini Press Brush and/or a Norwex cloth with great results)

3. So obvious, but DO NOT use anything but the rubber spatula that came with your Griddler to remove waffles. Period. If you scratch the surface, start saving for another set! Speaking from experience, without thinking I removed waffles with a fork here and there - knicking the surface a few times and it became a big deal when the surface began to rust and peel after washing. Something about serving food cooked on peeling & rusting surfaces isn't really appealing to me :)

Although it may be a little time-consuming, it is worth it every time to preserve these quality plates! I can see them lasting many years when properly cared for.
11 comment| 156 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 19, 2014
The non stick coating bubbles and flakes after a few uses, making it unusable. The quality control on these items are lacking.
review image
22 comments| 130 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 20, 2017
After I saw these waffle plates for the Cuisinart Griddler at a local housewares store, I bought them from Amazon for half the price. Paying heed to the reviews, I ascertained that I had the model that they were designed for. The waffles came out fluffy and delicious, and do not stick at all to the plates. Cleanup is easy. I am delighted not to need a second bulky appliance. It is important to use the proper temperature settings as noted in the instructions that come with the waffle plates to assure proper baking. I am very pleased overall, and especially happy to add another function to the Cuisinart Griddler that has already proven itself so useful in my kitchen.
on April 24, 2017
I ordered this grill with the waffle plates bundle, and tried both this weekend. Instructions are very clear. It was very easy to use for the first time. Clean up was very easy. The only issue I had was minor -- the recipe booklet that came with the waffle plates said to put 1-1/4 cups of batter on the grill -- that was too much and it overflowed off the sides, front and back. When I used one cup instead, it worked great. Also, instead of spreading evenly, I would suggest spreading a little heavier at the back, as the griddle is angled forward and before cooking the batter will naturally run forward and it will overflow if there is too much in the front. The banana nut waffles in the recipe book are delicious!
on December 1, 2017
I love waffles ! Hate to clean the waffle maker. I have had the griddler for a while and forgot that you can order these waffle plates. Such a pleasure. Waffles are a nice size and you get 4 at a time. The cleanup is a breeze!! Pop off the plates and into the sink for a quick wash and DONE! Yes!!

If you like waffles and have a griddler don't be without these.
on April 12, 2017
I have only just received this product and used it to make a batch of waffles (15 waffles) I used the basic recipe in the recipe book that comes with it and added a little cinnamon and vanilla. Oh my they are delicious and come out perfectly cooked. My kids LOVED them. I froze the leftovers and look forward to making many many more batches in the future!
on November 7, 2015
I've only used it once so far, but I love it. The waffle irons fit my machine perfectly and they are just like the other plates my Griddle came with, sturdy but lightweight. I'm looking forward to using it more in future.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on February 2, 2015
Wow do we ever like this! Nothing like being able to crank our 4 waffles at a time in three minutes flat (after the Griddler plates heat up). Between us, and some friends, we really gave it a good test..........and enjoyed some great waffles. We added blueberries to the batter (Bisquik recipe on the box) plus more blueberries on top, strawberries too! Yum Yum!

Cleanup is really easy when you are done. It's really handy putting your other Griddler plates in the packaging the waffle-griddles came in while you're making waffles in case you are wondering what to do with your other griddles.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
We love our griddler and my wife REALLY loves these. However, at $70 or so they're WAY overpriced. They drop into the 30s or so and you can set a price alert at various websites on the net, my favorite being one that has the word camel repeated 3 times (google it).

If you get these for a reasonable price, they're great for waffles and we've used them to make "broffles" (brownie waffles) at parties though that admittedly takes a little bit of patience and trial and error.

Reduces the need for a waffle iron too, which the minimalist in me likes.
I've used these to make cinnamon rolls (from the can). It takes two minutes and they are done. I'm happy with this purchase. One day I'll actually make waffles......next I want to try hash browns. I'd like to try several cooking shortcuts (as seen on food network shows) with these.