Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning animespring animespring animespring  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon

Showing 1-10 of 1,746 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,832 reviews
on June 27, 2014
These plates are perfect for our Griddler. Easy to install, easy to clean (we really love the OXO Good Grips Electric Grill and Panini Press Brush, works really well on the Griddler plates) This is my second set of Griddler Waffle Plates - I love them so much that they were worth buying again but here are three things I learned that may prevent you from buying a second set in the future:

1. The instructions state to spray the plates with non-stick spray prior to use. Do not do this. The plates are already made from high-quality non-stick material and this step is not necessary - in fact it will make the plates eventually an unusable sticky mess. In my experience, using non-stick spray ruins these plates because eventually they will not work properly and you will have to scrape to remove the waffles which by then are a giant pile of cooked batter mess.

2. Do not run through the dishwasher. Again, the instructions state that these are dishwasher safe, but save your bucks and handwash these plates! I'm not sure which of these two ultimately lead to the demise of my first set, but I can't think that a high-heat wash setting in the dishwasher did much to help either. Carefully hand wash (again we use the OXO Good Grips Electric Grill and Panini Press Brush and/or a Norwex cloth with great results)

3. So obvious, but DO NOT use anything but the rubber spatula that came with your Griddler to remove waffles. Period. If you scratch the surface, start saving for another set! Speaking from experience, without thinking I removed waffles with a fork here and there - knicking the surface a few times and it became a big deal when the surface began to rust and peel after washing. Something about serving food cooked on peeling & rusting surfaces isn't really appealing to me :)

Although it may be a little time-consuming, it is worth it every time to preserve these quality plates! I can see them lasting many years when properly cared for.
11 comment| 124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 4, 2015
Unfortunately, I returned this item. While it did fit my Cuisinart GR-4 Series Grill, it didn't heat evenly because my early model grill didn't have an element that properly distributed the heat. In later models of the GR-4 the heating coil should extend not only around the perimeter but, also include a loop that covers the interior or center portion. Without this added loop, the sides will brown quicker that the middle and eventually burn before the middle of the waffle is properly cooked. If you're considering purchasing this item, it would be a good idea to remove your current grill plates and look for the lengthened loop of heating element that insures your grill will heat evenly.
on April 19, 2014
The non stick coating bubbles and flakes after a few uses, making it unusable. The quality control on these items are lacking.
review image
11 comment| 117 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 4, 2011
This is the perfect addition to the Griddler - one of my favorite appliances, especially during southern California summers where it makes more sense than heating up the stove or oven.

Overall I was happy with the results. The waffles were decent though I wouldn't serve them up for Christmas breakfast. That said, for a casual weekend breakfast, it was perfect.

The Good
- Enhances the already super-useful Griddler.
- Compact and easier to store than a dedicated waffle maker
- Cleanup is a snap, just pop the plates out and add to the dishwasher (I wouldn't) or hand wash. MUCH EASIER than a waffle maker!
- I found the shape and size of the waffles to be PERFECT for families
- I prefer not to use oil; the non-stick surface performed quite well and not a single waffle stuck (this way does make for a softer waffle without the classic crisp of a well made waffle, a toss-up I'm happy with)
- Unlike many waffle makers, you control the temperature so after a little trial and error, you can cook the waffles to your exact liking

The Not-so-good
- At 1/3 the cost of the Griddler itself, $35 is a bit pricey
- Uneven cooking: The heating coils don't reach the center of the plates. While the outer 2/3 cooked up beautifully, the inner third were pale (This may be an issue with my machine which is about 5 years old. I don't know if Cuisinart has improved on newer machines but owners of older machines should be aware)
22 comments| 83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I purchased these waffle plates to go on my Cuisinart Griddler Cuisinart GR-4N 5-in-1 Griddler, Silver, Black Dials. They have a non-stick coating on them which makes it really nice when trying to remove your waffles. There are four sections for waffles. Each section measures 4 4/8" in length, 3 3/8" in width, and 5/16" in depth.

When I received these plates I prepared the batter to immediately test them out. I didn’t feel like the waffles cooked evenly. Some were done more so than others. The reason was probably that I had some of the plates fuller than others. I didn’t measure it out. So next time I will have to do a better job of evenly distributing the batter.

The plates are dishwasher safe but I have had experience with removable plates like this in the past and never had good luck putting them in the dishwasher. They would always come out with burned on grease and food that never got completely washed off. So I prefer to hand wash them.

Overall I am happy to have these plates. People used to ask me what my husband and I needed when we got married as a wedding gift and I would say a waffle maker. You know, I never did receive one. Now in my fifteenth year of marriage I finally get the waffle maker I have been waiting for.
review image review image
on December 5, 2013
Great with the Griddler GR-4N. Can't really find anything to really complain about. Plates pop in and out easily, heat up quickly, cook evenly (bottom plate side DOES cook a tiny bit more, but tiny difference). Nice sized waffles, fast cook time (4 min or so), waffles pop out easily (tiny bit of spray oil doesn't hurt), consistent desired texture (cook bit more for crispy). Clean up is breeze, let cool and quick hand wash or throw in dishwasher.
I'd like to add, in response to lower ratings for 1) high pricing 2) less than genuine Belgian waffle-ness...
1) I agree, $40 is a bit steep, but being able to use my already multitasking Griddler as a waffle maker, saving space...worth it to me 2) also agree, it's not quite what you get with a single purpose, high-end Belgian waffle maker...but playing with the recipes and considering the convenience...comes pretty close!
review image review image review image
on April 25, 2012
My kids are always hungry, aren't they all? Anyhow, I got the waffle plates and had the kids help prepare the batter. We followed the instructions exactly, set the temp for 400 degrees, waited 3 minutes..and out came...an awefull unedible mess. The waffles were so burned that it stuck to both the top and bottom plate and was cut in half, and then wouldn't be removed without unplugging the unit and washing in the sink. ouch. I almost returned them.

Next try, set temp at 350, waited 2.5 minutes, used pam baking spray....waffles came out easily and looked nice, except they weren't close to done and way too soft.

4-5 tries later, I finally got a good repeatable way of making well cooked waffles using the plates.

Set temp to 375 degrees.
Coat (but not too much) with pam
pour in but not completely, leave far corners on all four sides unfilled so waffle is essentially circular.
close cover
wait 3 minutes 45 seconds
open, gently pull waffle out

Tastes excellent and looks just the way it should.

I'm not sure how well the plates will last, but I'll also use them for cooking bacon..as recommended in one of the alton brown good eats episodes as the quickest/easiest ways to make breakfast. Just stretch 4 slices lengthwise across the waffle plates, cover, and wait until cooked to taste.
44 comments| 123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 13, 2016
I was sure hoping these would give me wonderful waffles. What a disappointment! I should have believed the bad reviews I read. Tried three batches, using different timing. Each batch produced the same results...bottom griddle burned the waffle (which you wouldn't know until you removed them), top griddle (which is what you would check for waffle being done) cooked it light brown. Strangely, even the burnt bottoms weren't crisp. They were flabby. All in all this Cuisinart product was a huge disappointment. It is being returned. So glad that Amazon makes returns this easy.
on October 1, 2016
I was so excited to order these. I already had a waffle maker, but the plates were not removable so it was hard to clean. I thought about ordering a waffle maker with removable plates, but figured I should order these since I already had the Cuisinart griddle. Less stuff to store. What a disappointment. These did not heat evenly so the center of the waffle was undercooked and the outside was burned. I haven't had this problem with my two other griddle plates. What a waste.
review image
We recently purchased these plates in a "bundle" with the Cuisinart 5-in-1 Griddler. You can make a respectable waffle using these plates in the Griddler, and it's great to be able to just detach the plates and put them in the dishwasher for clean-up. I do still enjoy the deep pockets of my old waffle maker (the kind you flip over after adding the batter), but this option for your Griddler is handy, and great for folks who don't have storage space for multiple appliances in their kitchens.