Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Month Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 19, 2012
This is a versatile set of cookware that works perfect for cooking for 2 people. If you're cooking for more, you might want to get a bigger set.

I cook with these pans on a daily basis, sometimes twice per day. As with any cookware, you have to follow the directions and use common sense.

Update: Have had the set for over 2 years now and still looking new!

-Always preheat your pans before adding food. I put the pan on, add no more than a teaspoon of oil or margarine, turn the electric burner to 4, walk away and do something else for 4 minutes or so, and then the pan's ready to go. DON'T use more oil than this-- this is why some people in previous reviews are getting built up "gunk" on the pans.
-DON'T use high heat, especially if you're cooking with oily food. This will cause build up of grease. The highest I cook with the pan is 6, and that's for frozen items...turn down to 4 when they've thawed.
-DON'T put in dishwasher
-Use silicone spatulas and spoons. They work awesome.

-Cooking eggs: Be patient! If you're making fried eggs, WAIT until the egg has fully cooked before turning it. If you try to do it too early, that's when you get the sticky mess. The same would probably go for meats (I don't cook meat)-- wait for a sear before turning.

The handles do not get hot! If yours do, you probably have the heat on way too high.
7 helpful votes
8 helpful votes
22 comments|Report abuse
on January 14, 2012
Purchased my Greenware after much research. The product itself is easy to clean and I like it but, the first time I used the 10" lid in the oven, it shattered. I found that this was a common occurrence with this lid. When I contacted Cuisinart the first person I talked to could not figure out how to send me a new lid. I called a second time and was told that glass was not covered under the warranty. I read the warranty to her, "Your Cuisinart Greenware Nonstick Cookware is warranted to be free of defects in material and workmanship with normal home use from the date of original purchase throughout the original purchaser's lifetime." She proceeded to tell me the cookware is warranted, but not the glass lid. I mentioned the other reviews about this lid shattering and she kept telling me there was nothing she could do about it. I was livid! Such a well-known product with shoddy customer service and they don't seem to care.

I then called Amazon and explained the situation. She quickly rectified the problem and I have a new lid! I purchase many items from Amazon and have always been happy, but I will never buy anything from Cuisinart again!

Beware of the warranty!
6 helpful votes
7 helpful votes
on March 23, 2016
These are a great starter set, but not the quality I expected for the price. Within the first couple months of use I realized that the lids were awful. During hand washing, water gets trapped in the lid and you can't really get to it with a towel. I have to leave them in the drying rack for a full day to make sure the lids are dry. I would have sent them back, but I didn't want to deal with the hassle as it seemed that others had encountered these same issues and dealing with Cuisinart for replacement didn't sound promising. The pots were the most useful and the steamer is great to have, but the saute pans need quite a bit of oil for food to not stick and that's not the way I like to cook.
on April 6, 2016
I was hoping this would be the last set of pans I had to buy considering there is a lifetime warranty. The pans worked very well for 2 years and then the finish started chipping off. I use bamboo utensils and wash by hand. This is the same problem I had with other pans that I started "eating" the finish. I called the company to get my pans replaced and the warranty does not cover the finish. If your handle falls out they will cover it. Like that has ever happened. I am going to buy stainless steel and be done with pan buying once and for all.
on January 24, 2011
We ordered this set in July 2009 after testing a single Greenware large frying pan. Wow! I was excited to finally have a truly non-stick pan that is safe. I got rid of the teflon (which I do believe to be toxic when heated.)
The small pots are still fine, but mostly are used for boiling/steaming vegetables. The little frying pan is still functional, too.
We've been very careful to care for the cookware according to directions: never put in dishwasher, season it periodically, plastic utensils, etc.
The large frying pans worked great for a year or so, but then began to stick. More and more oil is required and still food sticks. As others noted, a residue has collected that is impossible to remove, and this causes food to stick all the more.
I'm going to see what Cuisinart will do with the Lifetime warranty, as the large frying pans are no longer usable. Alas. I hope they will perfect this technology, because I do prefer to cook in non-stick cookware.
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
on January 12, 2011
The pans are amazing. I use a gas stove and everything cooks at a lower temp with these pans. For instance, you can boil water pretty easily on med- med/hi heat, and can maintain a boil at med/low heat. Saute onions and other veggies at med-med/low instead of med-med/hi. It took me a couple weeks of overcooking things until I got it down, but now I really like them and would never go back to my old pans (that I had used for years).

Unfortunately there is a fundamental flaw in the construction of the lids. Either while you are washing them or from moisture while cooking, water gets into the outer rim where the glass meets the metal and there is no way to get it out. You can see it in there and I have tried to flex the material slightly to poke the corner of a paper towel in there but to no avail. There is no way to keep water from getting in there and once there, there is no way to get it out. I left one on my drying mat for 4 days and the water was still there. I don't use lids all that often so it is not a huge deal in functional terms, but still very disappointing for the price and because the pans themselves are outstanding.

And I almost forgot, part of my they are outstanding is because clean up is a snap...usually running hot water over it is all it needs, a couple swipes from a soft sponge and done...quite unbelievable at first actually. However, I still always put a teaspoon of oil or butter in the pan before cooking, even though they say it is not necessary. That just sounds too good to be true and I haven't tested it without.
3 helpful votes
on November 29, 2010
I bought this set about 6 months ago and I love them. They heat evenly and clean easily. The only reason why I give it a 3 out of 5 is because the handles DO get hot. The skillet is fine because it is away from the pot itself, but the short handles for the pots and lids get very hot. I have to use a hot pad. I don't know if this is because I have a gas stove instead of a electric. I was very disappointed that I had to use a hot pad to lift my lids off. Also, its annoying that you can't use any metal utensils like a fork because it will scratch the non stick coating. Other than those two things, this set is great and I love them! :)

ALMOST 3 YEARS LATER...
I would give this product now 2 stars. I am a very active cooker. I use these things at least a few times a day, especially the 10in frying pan and the biggest pot. I got rid of all metal cooking utensils and switched to bamboo and plastic just to not scratch them. Unfortunately the nonstick has started to fade from these two pans even so, I cant even cook eggs or anything without putting oil first. I dont stack them like people said, and I use only a soft sponge to wash them so they dont get scratched and still... And the handles are still hot as ever, when I am boiling water to make pasta especially, I still have to use mitts or a hot pad to grab them. It is a great idea, my husband is very sensitive to chemicals and this has helped immensely from teflon and such, but I wish it was more lasting and versatile.
on March 7, 2010
February 2013: I have now had this cookware set for 3 years. It still looks like new and cooks like new. Still easy to clean, no scratches or discoloration. Handles still firmly attached. Bottoms flat and lids still perfect fit. A few tips for success: 1. I threw all my metal cooking utensils away. Replaced them with bamboo and some nice OXO pieces. 2. I bought a roll of that woven foamy shelf liner and put that between the pans, they are all stacked in one big drawer and it has worked great. 3. When I have burned something in the pan, I let it cool, fill it with cold water and let it sit for several hours. Whatever I burned floats to the top and I can pick it up and throw it out. 4. No matter how tempted you may be, do not put these in the dishwasher. I have given three set of this cookware as gifts and everyone who got them has had the same success as me.

March 2010: Love this cookware! I now cook every weekend after microwaving for years. Take all your old pieces to the Goodwill. I especially appreciate cooking without added fats or oils. A hint for onions - slice or chop then freeze overnight. They will cook quickly until translucent without adding oil. Get the square grille or, even better, the larger rectangular griddle if you have a bridge burner on your cooktop. This set is now my first choice for gifting. I used to give bamboo sheets and towels.
3 helpful votes
on July 12, 2012
This is a set of aluminum cookware with concentric circles on the bottom of the pans. Within a few days I noticed that I was unable to remove what I perceived to be cooking debris from my 12 year old Dacor cooktop. I ran my fingers on the bottom of the pans before using and it seemed to be smooth. I guess not as it scratched up my glass top. So if you have glass cook tops, beware! My other cookware are smooth on the bottom so I never had this problem. Other than this problem, thus far, it seems to be working great. I also like that this cookware is very light. I've been using the Dutch oven for stir frying.

Getting rid of this set and going back to Anolon. Not even a year and it is no longer nonstick!
on August 16, 2010
I've been using a 'test' pan more than 4 months now and a set of pans for more than 2 months so I can not speak for how long they will last. The reasons that I have the set: This non-stick is a major step forward from the Teflon stuff. It is way more 'non-sticky' and the cook surface gets hotter when you need it to (we like our meat and fish seared on the outside and not cooked too much on the inside.

The pans are very attractive and the price is good (I bought a set a Amazon).

The manufacturer wants you to wash the pans by hand and not to store them stacked--BAH!. I experimented with one in the dishwasher and it got ugly and less non-sticky but at least while the non-stick surface is good, hand washing is very easy--I'm doing it now so you can rest assured that it's easy. As for the no stacking I've been putting rubber pads between pan's because we live in the city in a very small, totally open space and hanging pans does not fit with our decorating scheme. No chips or surface damage so far.

Oh yea, there's the 'green' business--if the pans last a few years then I'll give some credit for that.