Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 551 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 615 reviews
on October 12, 2016
Does the job and then some. Do you really need 5 speeds? Try it and then you'll be hard-pressed to go back to a standard "Hi-Lo" model. The slim design makes for easy storage. I only wish the mixer had a flat surface in the back to make it easy to rest like with an iron, but it's not often that the need calls for that. Still, it more than makes up for that minor shortfall with it's extra-long chord connected to a swivel for ease of maneuvering. Other than that and the power settings, I like that the quick release of the beaters is accomplished with a trigger, while the speed controls are accessible by thumb.
on July 25, 2009
I own the Cuisinart Power Advantage 5-Speed Handheld Mixer since early April 2009 and I am quiet happy with it thus far. In all fairness, this is my second handheld mixer and my previous mixer (Proctor Silex 62535 Bowl Rest 5-Speed Mixer, White) was a very weak mixer, which simply did not have the power to mix any semi-thick dough. This Cuisinart mixer has significantly more power (220 Watts) and has little trouble mixing most dough, excluding bread dough of course. This mixer has an automatic feedback mechanism which was the main reason I decided to purchase it. Unlike most mixers which supply their motors with different electric powers at different settings, this mixer supplies electric power partially based on the mixing speeds. In other words, it will supply an extra burst of power to the motor when the mixing speed is slow, like mixing tough dough. It only does so temporarily to avoid over heating the motor. It has five speed settings, which is exactly what I want. For those who like additional speed settings, there is the Cuisinart HM-70 Power Advantage 7-Speed Hand Mixer, Stainless and White. Keep in mind, their top speeds are the same as they are both powered by a 220 Watts motor. In my opinion, the slow speed setting of this mixer is a bit too fast. Beside the power, the mixer has three other features which I like a lot. First, it can sit nicely on a mixing bowl (when the power is off). Second, the power cord can swing left or right to allow the unit to securely sit upright. I have uploaded two customer images to illustrate this. Third, the beaters are easy to clean. Finally, the beaters can be effortlessly ejected by using the level. Looking at the photo, you may think this mixer has a semi-dull black. In reality, it has a shiny glossy black, which I think, looks even better. For those who prefer white color there is the: Cuisinart HM-50 Power Advantage 5-Speed Hand Mixer, Stainless and White

In summary, this is a powerful and affordable handheld mixer (not powerful compared to stand mixers)

Update:
I do have one compliant. Years ago, customers were able to take their home appliances apart to fix them. Unfortunately, this mixer is not one of those. Cuisinart have sealed off the screw holes and prevented customers from opening up the mixer. My mixer was making some scratchy noises and I could tell it just needed some machine oil/lubrication. Instead of taking the unit apart and adding oil, I had no choice but to pour the oil from outside through the exhaust fan hole, hoping it will get to the place. It did somewhat, and now the noise has been minimized. However, it should have been more straightforward than this.

I still think this is a very nice mixer for its utility and affordable price, and I would still strongly recommend other potential buyers to consider it. However, it would have been nicer if the screw holes are not sealed.

*Update on late Nov 2009*: The mixer is still working fine -- bought it since April 2009. The scratchy metal noise has not come back for some time. By the way, I use this mixer about 3 times per month for cookies and pastries. I hope this illustrates how often this mixer is being used. I am very satisfied with the product thus far.

*Update on Jun 26, 2010*: Still working fine.

*Update on May 31, 2011*: Still working.

*Update on Jan 05, 2012*: Still working
review image review image
99 comments| 458 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 9, 2017
My sweetheart loves this mixer, with its ample power, light weight and effective mixer blades. The heavy stand-mixer now stays in the garage for 80% of her baking tasks. There is a time to use the big one, but for most light tasks, this mixer is supberb.
on November 10, 2015
I do not write many reviews but I really agree with many of the lower star reviews on this mixer. I've been using it for months, and I bake several times a week. There is NO LOW setting on this. EVEN LEVEL 1 causes everything to fly out of the bowl. Its impossible to whip heavy cream in this mixer, it gets everywhere! It creates a huge mess on the surrounding counter and floor. It as gotten so bad that I am going to try another model this week.
on December 24, 2014
Bought this mixer 3 years ago. First must state that I haven't heavily used this mixer. Use it about 6-8 times a year for whipping cream, making cheesecake, making cookie dough and mixing up cake batter. That said it just died on me ( Christmas eve day of all days!) one beater doesn't turn and the motor sounds like its dying. Seriously I think its better to buy a really cheap hand mixer and just throw them out when they give out rather than spend a lot of money trying to find a long lasting mixer or better yet keep my eye out when I'm at auctions and buy used ones! JMHO. Needless to say won't buy another cuisinart.
on July 7, 2016
I bought the pretty apple green Cuisinart hand mixer 3 years ago. I didn't use it often -- mostly for beating eggs or cake mix when I didn't want to use my huge Kitchenaide stand mixer. It requires a deep mixing bowl because the lowest speed is so fast that the food is thrown out of the bowl. Now one beater falls out and though this appears to be a common problem with this mixer, there is no reasonable fix for it. Hate to throw it away, but it's not very useful with only one beater. I should have paid attention to my experience with two Cuisinart coffeemakers that didn't last very long. Cuisinart pans are nice, but their appliances have problems. I have replaced the mixer with a Kitchenaid, which I should have bought in the first place.
on September 5, 2015
I love the way this mixer works. I brought this because my old hand mixer from another brand finally stopped working. And I'm glad I brought this one. It makes it so easy for me to make countless batters. It's easy to clean, easy for kids to use and also the mixers are genius. It's very hard for food to get trapped in the mixer sockets and batter doesn't stick to the mixers, making wasting batter impossible.
on February 6, 2017
The only fault I have with it is the low speed is still a bit too high and sometimes it makes the batter splatter
on November 26, 2016
Gone are the days of our $7 mixers with flat blades that really don't work. Step up and get this bad boy! I don't like to buy utility items for my wife unless she picks it, but Consumer Reports said this thing rocks and it does! My wife said it mixed mashed potatoes like it was water, easier to move because of the power you don't have to drag it around the bowl and made fluffier results. Best money I ever spent.
on February 26, 2016
hated to return it but it is not as well made as my old Kitchen aid
I thought I needed to upgrade but no...
The beaters are not strong, look like aluminum my old ones are stainless, strong
the old one had a convenient wrap around and secure for the cord, not this one
like my parents used to say, they do not make things as good anymore:)