Bubble Witch Saga 3 BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Dirty Heads PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 25, 2009
I own the Cuisinart Power Advantage 5-Speed Handheld Mixer since early April 2009 and I am quiet happy with it thus far. In all fairness, this is my second handheld mixer and my previous mixer (Proctor Silex 62535 Bowl Rest 5-Speed Mixer, White) was a very weak mixer, which simply did not have the power to mix any semi-thick dough. This Cuisinart mixer has significantly more power (220 Watts) and has little trouble mixing most dough, excluding bread dough of course. This mixer has an automatic feedback mechanism which was the main reason I decided to purchase it. Unlike most mixers which supply their motors with different electric powers at different settings, this mixer supplies electric power partially based on the mixing speeds. In other words, it will supply an extra burst of power to the motor when the mixing speed is slow, like mixing tough dough. It only does so temporarily to avoid over heating the motor. It has five speed settings, which is exactly what I want. For those who like additional speed settings, there is the Cuisinart HM-70 Power Advantage 7-Speed Hand Mixer, Stainless and White. Keep in mind, their top speeds are the same as they are both powered by a 220 Watts motor. In my opinion, the slow speed setting of this mixer is a bit too fast. Beside the power, the mixer has three other features which I like a lot. First, it can sit nicely on a mixing bowl (when the power is off). Second, the power cord can swing left or right to allow the unit to securely sit upright. I have uploaded two customer images to illustrate this. Third, the beaters are easy to clean. Finally, the beaters can be effortlessly ejected by using the level. Looking at the photo, you may think this mixer has a semi-dull black. In reality, it has a shiny glossy black, which I think, looks even better. For those who prefer white color there is the: Cuisinart HM-50 Power Advantage 5-Speed Hand Mixer, Stainless and White

In summary, this is a powerful and affordable handheld mixer (not powerful compared to stand mixers)

Update:
I do have one compliant. Years ago, customers were able to take their home appliances apart to fix them. Unfortunately, this mixer is not one of those. Cuisinart have sealed off the screw holes and prevented customers from opening up the mixer. My mixer was making some scratchy noises and I could tell it just needed some machine oil/lubrication. Instead of taking the unit apart and adding oil, I had no choice but to pour the oil from outside through the exhaust fan hole, hoping it will get to the place. It did somewhat, and now the noise has been minimized. However, it should have been more straightforward than this.

I still think this is a very nice mixer for its utility and affordable price, and I would still strongly recommend other potential buyers to consider it. However, it would have been nicer if the screw holes are not sealed.

*Update on late Nov 2009*: The mixer is still working fine -- bought it since April 2009. The scratchy metal noise has not come back for some time. By the way, I use this mixer about 3 times per month for cookies and pastries. I hope this illustrates how often this mixer is being used. I am very satisfied with the product thus far.

*Update on Jun 26, 2010*: Still working fine.

*Update on May 31, 2011*: Still working.

*Update on Jan 05, 2012*: Still working
review image review image
99 comments| 459 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 5, 2015
I love the way this mixer works. I brought this because my old hand mixer from another brand finally stopped working. And I'm glad I brought this one. It makes it so easy for me to make countless batters. It's easy to clean, easy for kids to use and also the mixers are genius. It's very hard for food to get trapped in the mixer sockets and batter doesn't stick to the mixers, making wasting batter impossible.
on February 11, 2017
Looks and works great. I gave it away as a Christmas gift. The person loves it.
on April 27, 2017
The motor is considerably stronger than the one of the old mixer it replaced, and I had no trouble mixing heavy cookie dough. The lower speeds are as they should be (some other reviewers found that they were too fast, but that has not been the case with my mixer).
on November 27, 2012
I purchased the supposedly 5-speed Cuisinart hand mixer and was terrified by the actually only one-speed machine that has nothing but super high speed. The skinny blades on the beaters (highly touted by Cook's Kitchen, and my reason for choosing this monster) proved to be useless for whipping mashed potatoes as they skipped all the lumps, no matter how long I beat with the creature. There is definitely NO low or medium speeds. All 5 speeds are high, higher and highest. The devise will throw dough or food all over your kitchen unless you are wise enough to use it low in the sink as you dare to turn it on in your bowl of batter. I returned the scarey thing and searched for the older style beaters which thump lumps into submission and are not hard to clean either. I settled on the Oster and got a retractible cord, first I've seen on a beater and a wonderful addition!
on April 5, 2015
I should start by saying I don't bake. I purchased this as a means of whipping potatoes and other items I need to mix. I read numerous reviews and did note that some said there really was no low setting. Some commended that the lowest speed was fine. If you are like me and just need it for minimum mixing, this is NOT the appliance for you. The low speed is fast and food flies everywhere. I regret this purchase, so be warned. It looks pretty but not functional for a non-baker.
on November 13, 2014
I just received this mixer this morning and I just made a cake and am just thrilled with it. The low speed is perfect for me. It mixed the batter beautifully and the next speed is excellent for incorporating air into the batter for a light and fluffy cake. It is the first really nice mixer I have ever had and I love it. The beaters pop out so easily and the cord button that allows the mixer to rest on cupboard is a really nice feature that I did not know it has. I got the sugared plum because I am a purple girl and it is more of a bright navy, but still very pretty. I am giving it to my daughter and getting the passion flower color and hope it will be more purple. Other than color I have nothing bad to say about the item. I know it will serve me well for a long time. I am so happy I bought it. Oh yes, I received it very quickly and free shipping was a plus. Kudos to Amazon and vendor and Cuisinart.
on July 18, 2016
I would give this 5 stars if it would rest flat on the counter in between mixing, but the swivel cord goes straight to the back so it doesn't sit flat, which made for a very messy clean up when it decided to fall out of a bowl of cake batter onto the floor. It's a great mixer otherwise and would highly recommend it for durability.

*****UPDATE: So, I didn't realize that if you turn the swivel cord a little past where it swivels freely, it locks in place and you can set it flat on the counter! Only took me 5 uses to realize that. Blonde moment! Totally a 5 star hand mixer!
on July 3, 2013
This mixer seemed much nicer than the KitchenAid hand mixers I've used for years, whose quality kept decreasing with each purchase. HOWEVER...there is one MAJOR flaw with the Cuisinart hand mixer, that I cannot believe Cuisinart allowed! As other reviewers have noted, even the lowest speed sounds like you're in the kitchen with a jet engine, and the lowest speed is like blending soup in your blender with no lid! Your ingredients fly everywhere, all over you, all over your kitchen, into the bowl of the next dish you're preparing. TOTAL FAIL! The lowest speed is like the fastest speed I've ever used in any other hand mixer. Quite disconcerting to be nervous every time you turn your hand mixer on! Be forewarned!
UPDATE: I've had this mixer less than 2 years. Within the first year, the speed switch plastic broke in half while being switched. Very disappointed! I've used this mixer very little because the crazy-fast speed it starts with makes a huge mess everywhere! Tonight, while mixing a very thin liquid, one of the beaters, where soldered by the factory, came apart. There's no way I'm going to spend a bunch of money to purchase another beater for this piece of junk. Now I have to try to find a hand mixer that will work without falling apart so quickly!
on May 23, 2009
Cuisinart is a well respected name in small appliances, so I finally took the leap and ordered this mixer because my old beloved Braun will only work at one speed--fast. I debated between Kitchen Aid and Cuisinart, but the reviews here on Amazon seemed to favor the Cuisinart a little more than the Kitchen Aid. The mixer works just fine, but I find it noisy, compared to past mixers. The quieter an appliance, the better I tend to like it. Like others, I find that speed level one is not as low a setting as I would expect on a 5-speed mixer, but it works okay. It is also a bit disappointing to find that, like way too many things, it is made in China. All in all, I would recommend this mixer. It is my primary mixer as I choose not to have a mixer on a stand anymore. They take up way too much room unless you use them lots.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.