Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Prime exclusive: $24.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on September 3, 2016
I suggest you consider a different mixer. Upon receiving this mixer I loved it. All the positive aspects mentioned in the reviews are true. But the downfall of this mixer is in the beater retention mechanism. In other words, the beaters will start falling out as your using it after a short period of time. The beaters are held in by very tiny plastic tabs, which break quite easily. You will end up with a perfectly new mixer, that the beaters won't lock into. I've used mine less than 12 times and now it is useless. Cuisinart doesn't offer a fix. Since I don't use the mixer that often, it is out of warranty. Still very,very poor design. Hope you have better luck. Mixer and price are good, if only the two little plastic parts didn't break.
22 comments| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 13, 2016
I bought this hand blender in Feb 2014 and by December 2015 the beaters would just fall out of the blender. I bought is originally because of the overall good reviews and the best in class 220 watt motor. The motor is strong and the beaters do splash, like other reviewers have said. But I do appreciate how strong the blender is and it works well for thick dough using dough hooks. But now that the beaters just fall out, making it a pain to use.

I took the blender apart today and learned that the only thing keeping the beaters in are 4 little plastic teeth. They are designed to flex and then bite into the contour of the top of the beater. When you eject the beater, the plastic flexes to release the beater. Over time, the plastic will eventually fail...guaranteed. You cannot keep bending plastic without it eventually breaking. I have resorted to gluing the beaters into the mixer, which means I will no longer be able to use the dough hooks. The plastic pieces that broke are part of the gear units that drive the beaters, so replacement would be pretty difficult.

The blender is not designed to be taken apart. I had to dremel out the 4 little plastic pieces that cover the screws. Once I got those off, It was easy to unscrew it, open it up, and diagnose the problem. So for now we will just use it with the beaters permanently attached and we'll just wash the beaters by hand.
VINE VOICEon May 10, 2016
I bought this Cuisinart HM-70 Power Advantage 7-Speed Handmixer because compared to others, it had more power (wattage). I don't like it for two reasons:
1. Although the manufacturer claims that it has a slow start (to keep ingredients from flying out of the bowl), it doesn't. Even at the lowest speed, there's an initial burst that kicks up flour and sugar. After a couple of seconds, it reverts to a very slow speed. But, the damage is already done--and out of the bowl.
2. Making meringue with this mixer was a very shoulder-straining chore. It took more than seven minutes at high speed with the whipping beater and I still didn't achieve the high volume I wanted.

The only positive I can add is that Cuisinart thoughtfully provided two different beaters. The two (pictured) for mixing and the single whip for whipping cream or egg whites.

My husband already tossed out the box, or I'd be returning this mixer to the store.
33 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 22, 2016
I took a risk purchasing this as I need a portable mixer, and reviews on amazon are very mixed about all of these handheld mixers. I settled on this one because it has a slow start feature and a high wattage power capability. And guess what? It has not disappointed me at all and I'm so glad I took a chance on it! Maybe some of the negative reviews were faulty models, or maybe those customers don't know how to use one of these properly? I don't know, but I couldn't be happier with mine - it starts up slowly, and hasn't made a plattery mess once so far, and I've mixed liquidy waffle and pancake batters almost every day with it since I got it. It really gets my batters homogenized very quickly! My eggs get beaten so nice and fluffy with it, that it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy when I think of how this little gadget has saved my wrists (I have tendonitis in my wrists). I doubt this review will help anyone since there are so many reviews already, but I guess my advice would be that you just try this one or one of the others out if you have prime shipping and free returns, and as soon as you get it in the mail, just attach the beaters real quick, plug the mixer in, and turn it on (lowest setting first, then run it through higher settings just to be sure). If you just try it out right away without getting it dirty, and make sure that it works, then you will make sure that you don't get one of the lemons that those negative reviews are complaining about. I did that, and once I was sure that it worked, I cleaned and soaped off all of the attachments to get manufacturing residues or germs off, and then I was ready to start mixing for real with it, and it has helped me make some very tasty treats in way less time and less wrist pain! Happy mixing!
on December 4, 2016
Very disappointed! The lowest speed which is "1" starts fast, but then it slows down, but randomly picks up speed, slows down, faster, slows down, and you have no control and this is all on the lowest speed. I can't imagine going any higher than "1". The blades are so cheap and flimsy. One of them will only stay popped in on one side, it you put in the other hole, it just falls out. Don't waste your money. I haven't found a good hand mixer yet. If you only have one mixer, put your money on the Kitchen-aid mixer which I have. Sometimes I don't feel like pulling her out because she's a little heavy, but she sure is reliable and slow speed is slow like it's supposed to be.
on November 6, 2015
I bought the Cuisinart HM 70 Power Advantage after my old mixer (approximately 15 years old) decided to send smoke shooting out of its motor. I was looking for a good price and a good-quality product to replace it with, so I searched the Internet and compared mixers until I found the Cuisinart. This mixer is a joy to use in the kitchen. It's built with sturdiness in mind, yet it's not too heavy like the best mixers were in the "old" days. It's diverse in that it has 7 different speeds to whip up whatever you want to cook, and it manages to mix even my thickest cookie and pudding-pie batters with no effort at all. As a side note, my next door neighbor's mixer broke, so he borrowed my Cuisinart. He liked it so much he asked me where I got it, and he and his wife promptly got online and bought one of their own. I've owned my Cuisinart three years now and I've never had a problem with it. I know from reading other people's reviews that at least one person has had an unhappy experience with theirs, but I liken that to what happens with any appliance. Sometimes something simply isn't right with the same appliance that everybody else is in love with. In my case, I have no complaints about the Cuisinart, so therefore it's worth a 5-star review from me. I bought this mixer at full price and was not asked to do any reviews on it. I just felt like sharing my experience in case people are looking for upcoming Christmas gifts.
on November 11, 2017
I paid $35 for this off Amazon and while I've used it just over 4.5 years, it was fully functioning for only approximately 3.5-4 of those years. One of the beater "seats" was stripped and would no longer hold the beater in place. In the last 6 months, the settings started to vacillate between slow and fast speeds regardless of what setting I had it on. If not held in a downward position and on the flat bottom of the mixing bowl at all times during the mixing process, splatter was an issue frequently and regardless of the consistency of the product being mixed. I have not had luck with small Cuisinart appliances over the years (coffee maker, blender, toaster oven, and now hand mixer added to my list of attempts to like this brand).
on March 13, 2014
I bought this Cuisinart HM-70 mixer for my wife for two reasons:

1. It can actually mix dough without melting

2. It is green

Seriously though, I spent hours reading reviews of mixers and every single one had the singular problem of being severely under powered and burning out after consistent use. Growing up my mother had a cheap sunbeam mixer that could mix anything. The thing was a beast and cost like $20. Now, even the $100 kitchenaids strain to mix anything beyond icing.

The Cuisinart HM-70 was the only one I could find that had consistent reviews noting it's 220-watt motor could handle things like cookie dough and bread. Besides the power, it's got a retro 50's style to it that I really dig and it has a nice set of features to boot. There's a snazzy digital reader that shows your power setting and buttons to change them. There is also a feature that makes the mixer start slowly so it doesn't spray everywhere which is nice. Ejecting the beaters is easy with the little trigger on there.

Overall, if you are looking for a mixer that can actually MIX look no farther this is the best thing you'll find. It may not be as beastly as the old Sunbeam but it'll do.
on March 8, 2013
When I pulled it out of the box I knew I had my hands on top quality. I had never had a digital mixer before. The last one I had cost $8 and broke after two uses. I paid so little because I have a Kitchen aid mixer and only needed a hand mixer maybe a couple of times a year so why spend the dough. After being unhappy with every mixer I had ever owned I turned to Cook's Illustrated for trusted advice. They have a perfect score with me. Cuisinart 7 speed they said, so that is what I got. When it turned on I really wanted to see if it actually went slow. I pressed the oh too cool up button and it purred like a kitten while slowly mixing my flour around inside the tiny bowl. This mixer exceeded my expectations ten fold and I really wish I needed to use it more. This is top of the line and led me to buy the food processor.
on November 30, 2013
**product update** after 2 years of moderate use the life of the mixer has come to an end. Fortunately within the 3 year warranty period. However, to make a warranty claim you must pay $10 to have a new unit shipped to you as well as pay to send the old unit back. It is what it is and Im guess that is in that microscopic print we don't read. I purchased a green mixer at a slightly higher price and I expected to get a green replacement not the case. A white one was sent. A call to Cuisinart was made to find out they don't have any green ones. I had higher hopes for is mixer and regret not sticking with a KitchenAid handheld. Dropped this to 1 star.

I have used this mixer for several months now and I like it more and more. I previously owned a kitchen-aid 7 speed digital mixer for 11 years. The motor still works but the 1 beater must have stripped inside. With much back and fourth I decided to save a few bucks and go with the cuisinart verses anoth kitchen-aid. Let's face it both brands had mixed reviews. First what I like: the price, the cuisinart seems very powerful and I like how the motor adjusts to keep the same speed selected based on the load, the cord moves for left and right handed use, I also like the 1 power on/off button as opposed to my old kitchen-aid had a power button on the side and the beaters were in "standby". (Easily bumped the turn on)
Now the cons: much louder than the kitchen-aid, cuisinart claims it has a soft start however many reviews complain about this because it's not a true soft start instead it's a burst of power then it quickly slows. People have complained that it shoots ingredients all over. Well I simply turn it on first wait a second until it slows then put the beaters in. Not a total big deal. Finally the kitchen-aid just fit my hand better. Overall I think the cuisinart is a great deal. I would give it 5 stars if it were a little quieter and it had a true soft start.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.