Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Cuisinart ICE-20 Automatic 1-1/2-Quart Ice Cream Maker, White
|Price:||$55.00 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Electric ice-cream maker produces up to 1-1/2 quarts in about 20 minutes
- Easy to use--no salt or ice required; chills to desired consistency
- Transparent top locks into place for safety and convenient monitoring
- Nonstick chamber ensures quick cleanup; instruction booklet with recipes included
- Measures 10 by 10 by 15 inches; 3-year limited warranty
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Chocolate chips, chopped fruit, nuts, and other special ingredients can be added toward the end. The nonstick chamber makes cleanup a snap. Storing it in the freezer ensures a frozen confection is only 20 to 40 minutes away when the mood strikes. The machine measures 10 inches in diameter and 15 inches high and weighs 9-1/2 pounds. It carries a three-year limited warranty. A detailed instruction booklet including many recipes comes included. --Fred Brack
From the Manufacturer
| Whatever your style, Cuisinarts ICE-20 1-1/2-quart automatic ice cream, frozen yogurt, and sorbet maker will help make a delicious frozen dessert to match it! Make fat-free sorbets, low-fat frozen yogurts, rich ice creams quick and easy. |
Scoop It Up
Imagine indulging in homemade frozen desserts and those delicious "island" drinks made from your favorite fresh ingredients--right at home. Finish a family dinner or celebrate a special occasion. Any excuse will do. The Cuisinart ice cream, frozen yogurt, and sorbet maker lets you make enough of your favorite recipes to please a crowd. Its fast and easy.
Bringing the Good Life Home
Cuisinart products are designed to make life delicious all day long. Specialty items, like our Mix It In soft serve ice cream maker, offer todays consumers a variety of menu options, and fun and easy new ways to entertain family and friends.
Cuisinart first came into home kitchens over 30 years ago when it introduced the now legendary food processor. People discovered that routines could be broken and creative cooking quickly became part of the new lifestyle. Preparing fresh ingredients with products that offered easy and interesting new techniques meant healthier meals and more free time.
Today Cuisinart develops products to make every meal memorable. From breakfast toast and coffee to elegant five-course dinners, the preparation and cooking have become a pleasurable part of the total experience. Todays relaxed lifestyles and the convenience of Cuisinart products make it easier than ever to Savor the Good Life, right at home with family and friends.
Top Customer Reviews
For flavoring, I was always using a certain artificial vanilla flavor that I like. And because I like it, I use a lot of it. One of the main ingredients of this flavoring is propylene glycol. If any of you who read this are chemistry buffs, I'll bet you're laughing now. Propylene glycol is often used in food flavorings and colorings, but also is used as antifreeze when a non-toxic antifreeze is required. So I was pouring in a good deal of edible antifreeze with my ingredients--next time I'll just use chocolate or something!
So, if you're having trouble getting your ice cream to freeze and you've checked everything else, make sure your flavorings don't contain propylene glycol!!
My only complaint is how loud the machine is. I can't really let the machine run while we are having dinner unless I put the ice cream maker far away from the kitchen and dining room. But other than that inconvenience, I can't complain.
I would agree with the other reviewers -- use cold ingredients, and start your ice cream as soon as you take the bowl out of the freezer. I let my bowl freeze for at least two days before using it. I put it in a plastic bag, and then put a zip-loc bag of ice in the container just to be sure.
I have a hard time using all of the egg yolks and heavy cream to make true "ice cream" (although a splurge once in awhile isn't a bad thing!). I try to stick to the lower fat recipes. You can find endless recipes and ideas on the internet. I must admit that when in a hurry I just throw together some milk, half and half, real mexican vanilla, sugar, and a pinch of salt (no recipe here, just taste it to your own creaminess and sweetness level) to make ice cream for dessert. It's like having fresh soft serve. Yum!
If you would like your own ice cream maker, you can't go wrong with this machine!
This is a great purchase even for those who assume they can't eat ice cream! Since you control the ingredients, you can create recipes working around any sort of diet -- allergy, diabetic, lactose intolerant, vegan, whatever! The machine also works equally well for sherberts and frozen drinks. It's extremely easy to use and cleans very easily.
Few notes for better results:
1) The bowl must be *frozen*. I recommend at least 2 days in the freezer between uses (you may want a second bowl).
2) Upon removing the bowl from the freezer, add ingredients and use -- it will start to thaw immediately. A friend noted that covering the top of the unit while mixing causes it to retain its "cool" longer (a plate over the opening works well).
3) The ingredients must be very cold. If cooking ingredients (such as for fruit or egg enhanced recipes), it's absolutely necessary to chill the resulting mixture before adding it to the unit.
4) Choice in ingredients can make or break your ice cream. While milk can be used, cream results in a much richer, thicker, tastier ice cream. Also, make sure you've crushed or finely chopped any solid ingredients before adding, as otherwise, they will clog in the mechanism; they should also be added during the last 5 minutes only or will impede freezing (same goes for alcohol).Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I was gifted this machine, it's something you don't know you want until you have it and use it. I made my first batch of ice cream ever, and it worked. Read morePublished 4 days ago by Two rices
This machine is a flop. I put the ice canister into the freezer the day before. I mixed the ingredients and put them into the refrigerator. The mixture never thickened. Read morePublished 18 days ago by Amazon Customer
A few tips to get your ice cream to firm up:
1) Place a piece of aluminum foil over the hole in the top and place a bag full of ice over that. Read more
Makes great frozen yogurt. I've only had this for about 2 weeks and have used it to make frozen yogurt 6 times. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Drella
I hesitated to order this, but it works great, isn't very noisy, and easy to use.Published 2 months ago by Bonnie M Norris
The paddle and freezer bowl both turn, so the ice cream is not being distributed in the bowl. The bottom and sides are frozen but the top and middle are liquid. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
Came early, which I liked. Made a vanilla custard batch and came out great. A little soft, but nothing the freezer didn't quickly remedy. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Amazon Customer