Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Cuisinart ICE-21R Frozen Yogurt, Ice Cream & Sorbe..." and save 40% off the $59.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Cuisinart ICE-21R Frozen Yogurt, Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker, Red
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- New mixing paddle makes frozen desserts and drinks in 20 minutes or less
- Large capacity makes up to 1-1/2-quarts
- Double insulated freezer bowl eliminates the need for ice
- Easy lock transparent lid with large spout makes adding ingredients simple and mess free
- Fully automatic with large ingredient spout for adding ingredients
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Bonus Deal||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Color||Red||Brushed Metal/Red||Ice Cream Maker with Countdown Timer||Black||Red||Silver|
|Item Dimensions||10.25 x 10 x 15 in||10.88 x 10.5 x 16 in||8.62 x 9.74 x 13.22 in||6.13 x 7.5 x 14 in||10 x 10 x 14.13 in||10.5 x 16.25 x 10.25 in|
|Item Weight||10.3 lbs||2.3 lbs||13.5 lbs||1.4 lbs||7.5 lbs||30 lbs|
|Material Type||man-made-material||Aluminum||Chrome||Plastic||Nonstick||Stainless Steel|
From the Manufacturer
Frozen Favorites in Minutes
The heavy-duty motor makes frozen yogurt, ice cream, sorbet - even frozen drinks - in 20 minutes or less.
Pure and Simple Indulgence
Add fresh ingredients to the mixing bowl, turn on the machine, and go. It's fully automatic. Plus, cleanup is a breeze.
The large capacity mixing bowl lets you make up to 1-1/2 quarts of your favorite smooth and creamy frozen treats.
Features and Benefits
- Ingredient Spout Pour recipe ingredients through the spout. Also use to add ingredients, like chips or nuts, without interrupting the freezing cycle.
- Easy-lock Lid Transparent to let you watch the freezing process as it progresses. Lid is designed to easily lock to base.
- Mixing Paddle Mixes and aerates ingredients in freezer bowl to create frozen desserts or drinks.
- Freezer Bowl Contains cooling liquid within a double insulated wall to create fast and even freezing. Double wall keeps the bowl cool and at an even temperature.
- Base Contains heavy duty motor strong enough to handle ice cream, frozen yogurt, sherbet, sorbet and frozen drinks.
- Rubber Feet Nonslip feet keep base stationary during use.
- Cord Storage Unused cord is easily pushed into the base to keep counter neat and safe.
Freezing Time and Bowl Preparation
The freezer bowl must be completely frozen before you begin your recipe. Before freezing, wash and dry the bowl. The length of time needed to reach the frozen state depends on how cold your freezer is. It is recommended that you place the freezer bowl in the back of your freezer where it is the coldest. Be sure to place the freezer bowl on a flat surface in its upright position for even freezing.
Generally, freezing time is between 16 hours and 24 hours. Shake the bowl to determine whether it is completely frozen. If you do not hear the liquid within the bowl moving, the cooling liquid is therefore frozen. For the most convenient frozen desserts and drinks, leave your freezer bowl in the freezer at all times. Use the bowl immediately after removing from the freezer. It will begin to quickly defrost once it has been removed for the freezer.
Reminder: Your freezer should be set to 0°F to ensure proper freezing of all foods.
Making Frozen Desserts or Drinks
- Use Cuisinart recipes included in the Instruction Booklet or use your own recipe, making sure it yields 1-1/2 quarts or less.
- Remove the freezer bowl from the freezer and place on the center of the base. The bowl will begin to defrost quickly once it has been removed from the freezer. Use it immediately after removing from freezer.
- Place mixing paddle in freezer bowl. It rests in the center of the bowl, with the circle side facing up.
- Place lid on the base and rotate clockwise until tabs on lid lock in place on base.
- Press On/Off switch to ON position. Freezer bowl will begin to turn.
- Immediately pour ingredients through ingredient spout. NOTE: Ingredients must be added to the freezer bowl after the unit is turned on.
- Frozen desserts or drinks will be done in less than 20 minutes. The time will depend on the recipe and volume of the dessert you are making. When the mixture has thickened to your liking, it is done. If you desire a firmer consistency, transfer the dessert to an airtight container and store in the freezer for two or more hours.
Ingredients such as chips and nuts should be added about 5 minutes before the recipe is complete. Once the dessert has began to thicken, add the ingredients through the ingredient spout. Nuts and other ingredients should be no larger than a chocolate chip.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
First I consider my self and wifey are ice-cream lover and addict sometimes!
We did some flavors until now and we will try more
Some comments before you buy it:
Noisy? yes, but not to level that bothers me.
Small for big family? maybe! for two of us we make one bowl every week (depend on feel and desire). you can buy second bowl ( I have it but never use it)
Easy to use? yes, using it easy. The tricky part is what you put in it! ( more explain will come)
Useful tips we did and worked for us:
1- If you love ice-cream heavy, hard, and texture smooth (like I do), You need to use heavy cream with your regular milk. If you are ok with light soft serve, milk with half and half will do the trick.
2- Do not over load the bowl with a lot of addetive ingredients. Its going to be difficult to freeze and unit as one texture. like adding a lot of chocolate ships or a lot of shredded coconut, that is no no.
3- 20 -25 min is proper time, Slightly less than is ok if you put less total ice-cream mix. I don't recommend going more than 30min! why? because the frozen bowl will not stay cold all time and your ice-cream will probably melt down after long time keeping it in machine.
4- Make sure your bowl is totally frozen before you start, shake it to make sure! I usually store it in freezer until I use it again, wash it an back again to freezer.
5- Avoid filling the bowl to the top, ice-cream grow bigger when set and will over flow and will make a miss and hard to clean.
6- *** I noticed that I can increase the hardness of my ice-cream by manually spreading the ice-cream mix to touch all inside surfaces of the bowl while still on by using rubber spatula. I do that in the last 2-3min before I turn off the machine. The ice-cream when start to freeze tend to stop moving or just touch one area inside the bowl and by spreading it you make it set faster.
7- I put in fridge for at least 2 hours before I use it! my wife like it soft and eat it immediately! :(
8- Did I say this? put your ice-cream mix in fridge or freezer for 30-60 min. before you start! the colder your mix the faster and easy to set and freeze inside the bowl
9- Price of ingredients to make a nice ice-cream? will I say fair to ok. As I mentioned, I use heavy-cream for hard serve ice-cream and I buy 1 quart around $6 (and I use it 2 times or two bowls, 2 cups each). you also add the price of regular milk and other flavors and ingredients as preferred.
I hope I didn't miss things. I waited sometimes to review this and try to be helpful! all above mentioned for the ice-cream and still enjoying my ice-cream making for now. I will move to frozen yogurt and I will add more tips to my review. Thanks
my wife helped me with this and added some pictures!
our ice-cream getting better as you see from pictures lol
First the bowl is not dishwasher safe. I will tell you I did put it in the dishwasher once. The dish soap made a reaction to the aluminum on the inside of the bowl. If you do this, wiping it down with hydrogen peroxide seem to help, and I've washed it by hand ever since. I feel like in this day and age, there is no reason to not make kitchen tools dishwasher safe. The paddle and cover can be washed in the dishwasher which brings me to reason 2.
The cover on the machine is cheap. Mine has a big crack up the side. I can not recall how it happened, I never dropped it or anything, but it's just too thin so treat it very gingerly. That being said, it still works perfectly, it's just a little more awkward now.
Those are really the only two drawbacks about this particular machine I have noticed. Now you have to freeze the bowl for about 24 hours in advance, but that's just the type of ice cream maker this is. There are other refrigerated systems that do not require that, but they are in a much higher price range. I have a deep freezer so I"m really never short on the freezer space, but if you only have a micro-fridge, this might be a deal breaker for you.
The recipes tend to be too much volume for this ice cream maker. I always have about 1/2 cup of ice cream overflowing from the top. It gets kind of messy. If you can, make the recipes in two separate batches or try to do it on a day when your humidity is nonexistent. The higher the humidity the more it overflows.
Overall I"m completely satisfied with this purchase. If this did ever break down, I would probably buy this one again. It's a solid ice cream maker and the few drawbacks are not a big enough deal that it would sway me from buying this all over again if I had to do it over.
Most recent customer reviews
Just remember ice cream takes 20 mins but have to leave the thing in freezer the night before you want to make some
Fyi best ice cream ever