- Save $5 when you spend $99 Offered by Amazon.com. See more products in this promotion
- Amazon Business: Make the most of your Amazon Business account with exclusive tools and savings. Login now
- Business Prime : For Fast, FREE shipping, premium procurement benefits, and member-only offers on Amazon Business. Try Business Prime free.
Add to your order
from Asurion, LLC $9.99
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Drops, spills and cracked screens due to normal use covered for portable products and power surges covered from day one. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. We will send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product. In some cases, we will replace or repair it.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Cuisinart ICE21R Frozen Yogurt Automatic Ice Cream and Sorbet Maker,120 V, Thermoplastic, 1-1/2 qt, Red
|List Price:||$90.00 Details|
|Price:||& FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$20.05 (22%)|
Enhance your purchase
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- New mixing paddle makes frozen desserts and drinks in 20 minutes or less. Dimensions (LWH) : 9.50 x 9.00 x 11.25 inches
- Large capacity makes up to 1-1/2-quarts. BPA Free
- Double insulated freezer bowl eliminates the need for ice
- Easy lock transparent lid with large spout makes adding ingredients simple and mess free
- Fully automatic with large ingredient spout for adding ingredients. Housing Material - Thermoplastic
- NOTE: Refer user manual before use
Buy this product as Renewed and save $7.39 off the current New price.
Frequently bought together
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Cuisinart Frozen Yogurt
Now you can make your favorite frozen yogurt at home in just 20 minutes or less! The fully automatic Cuisinart Frozen Yoghurt Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker lets you turn ingredients into a delicious and healthy frozen treat with no fuss and no mess. Simply add your ingredients to the bowl, press ON, and the machine does the rest!
- New patent-pending mixing paddle makes frozen treats in 20 minutes or less!
- Large capacity makes up to 1½ quarts
- Double-insulated freezer bowl eliminates the need for ice
- Easy-lock lid with large spout makes adding ingredients simple and mess free
Compare with similar items
Cuisinart ICE-30BC Pure Indulgence 2-Quart Automatic Frozen Yogurt, Sorbet, and Ice Cream Maker - Silver (ICE-30BCP1)
Cuisinart ICE-70 Electronic Ice Cream Maker, Brushed Chrome, Ice Cream Maker with Countdown Timer, With Countdown Timer
DASH My Pint Electric Ice Cream Maker Machine for Gelato, Sorbet + Frozen Yogurt with Mixing Spoon & Recipe Book (Organic, Sugar Free, Flavored Healthy Snacks + Dessert for Kids & Adults) 0.4qt - Aqua
Cuisinart ICE-RFB 1-1/2-Quart Additional Freezer Bowl, Fits ICE-20/21 Ice Cream Maker
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Color||Red||Silver||Ice Cream Maker with Countdown Timer||Aqua||Silver|
|Item Dimensions||10.75 x 10.75 x 15 inches||8.25 x 8 x 11.25 inches||9.74 x 8.62 x 13.22 inches||5.3 x 4.1 x 8.4 inches||7.5 x 7.5 x 5.62 inches|
|Item Weight||10.30 lbs||12.00 lbs||13.50 lbs||2.24 lbs||4.20 lbs|
|Material||Polypropylene||Stainless Steel, Plastic||Chrome||Plastic||Stainless Steel|
From the Manufacturer
Frozen Favorites in Minutes
The heavy-duty motor makes frozen yogurt, ice cream, sorbet - even frozen drinks - in 20 minutes or less.
Pure and Simple Indulgence
Add fresh ingredients to the mixing bowl, turn on the machine, and go. It's fully automatic. Plus, cleanup is a breeze.
The large capacity mixing bowl lets you make up to 1-1/2 quarts of your favorite smooth and creamy frozen treats.
Features and Benefits
- Ingredient Spout Pour recipe ingredients through the spout. Also use to add ingredients, like chips or nuts, without interrupting the freezing cycle.
- Easy-lock Lid Transparent to let you watch the freezing process as it progresses. Lid is designed to easily lock to base.
- Mixing Paddle Mixes and aerates ingredients in freezer bowl to create frozen desserts or drinks.
- Freezer Bowl Contains cooling liquid within a double insulated wall to create fast and even freezing. Double wall keeps the bowl cool and at an even temperature.
- Base Contains heavy duty motor strong enough to handle ice cream, frozen yogurt, sherbet, sorbet and frozen drinks.
- Rubber Feet Nonslip feet keep base stationary during use.
- Cord Storage Unused cord is easily pushed into the base to keep counter neat and safe.
Freezing Time and Bowl Preparation
The freezer bowl must be completely frozen before you begin your recipe. Before freezing, wash and dry the bowl. The length of time needed to reach the frozen state depends on how cold your freezer is. It is recommended that you place the freezer bowl in the back of your freezer where it is the coldest. Be sure to place the freezer bowl on a flat surface in its upright position for even freezing.
Generally, freezing time is between 16 hours and 24 hours. Shake the bowl to determine whether it is completely frozen. If you do not hear the liquid within the bowl moving, the cooling liquid is therefore frozen. For the most convenient frozen desserts and drinks, leave your freezer bowl in the freezer at all times. Use the bowl immediately after removing from the freezer. It will begin to quickly defrost once it has been removed for the freezer.
Reminder: Your freezer should be set to 0°F to ensure proper freezing of all foods.
Making Frozen Desserts or Drinks
- Use Cuisinart recipes included in the Instruction Booklet or use your own recipe, making sure it yields 1-1/2 quarts or less.
- Remove the freezer bowl from the freezer and place on the center of the base. The bowl will begin to defrost quickly once it has been removed from the freezer. Use it immediately after removing from freezer.
- Place mixing paddle in freezer bowl. It rests in the center of the bowl, with the circle side facing up.
- Place lid on the base and rotate clockwise until tabs on lid lock in place on base.
- Press On/Off switch to ON position. Freezer bowl will begin to turn.
- Immediately pour ingredients through ingredient spout. NOTE: Ingredients must be added to the freezer bowl after the unit is turned on.
- Frozen desserts or drinks will be done in less than 20 minutes. The time will depend on the recipe and volume of the dessert you are making. When the mixture has thickened to your liking, it is done. If you desire a firmer consistency, transfer the dessert to an airtight container and store in the freezer for two or more hours.
Ingredients such as chips and nuts should be added about 5 minutes before the recipe is complete. Once the dessert has began to thicken, add the ingredients through the ingredient spout. Nuts and other ingredients should be no larger than a chocolate chip.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It was rated highly but there were some one star ratings that said it wasn't powerful enough to thicken the ice cream and because the drum did not get cold enough to freeze the ice cream.
I believe that people complaining that it is not powerful enough to churn the ice cream should revisit their recipe. I found that when I put too much heavy whipping cream into the mix, it thickens really quickly and machine seems to be straining. When I used the proper mix of heavy whipping cream and milk, I didn't have that problem and the ice cream came out nice and smooth. Also, every ice cream maker creates a soft serve type consistency. If you want it to firm up, you need to dip it out of the drum and put it in the freezer for an hour or so. Also don't put bits of fruit or nuts into the churning mixture. Wait until after the ice cream is finished then fold that in my hand after you empty it into a bowl. The chunks will get caught between the paddle and drum and cause problems if you add them during the churn. Chunks are meant to be added later.
You cannot submerge the drum in water. I clearly says so in the manual. If you can't read the small print, Google Cuisinart ICE-21 Manual and download the pdf for this unit. I did that and it was way easier to read. I put mine in the freezer in the upright position for 24 hours before using it the first time. After you churn ice cream you will a medium to thick layer of ice cream welded to the interior of the drum. DO NOT scrape it out with metal utensils. I just cover mine with a paper towel and after about 15-20 minutes I scrape the sides with a soft pliable spatula. Do not scratch the interior, it will cause problems later. Also do not put the drum back into the freezer until it thaws completely out. After waiting the 15-20 and scrapping the inside, I take my drum to the sink and spray it out with warm water, being careful not to submerge it or scratch it. I dry it out with a paper towel and sit it on my counter in the upright position to finish thawing out. Then I wipe off the excess condensation from the inside and outside and put it back in the freezer in the upright position.
First the bowl is not dishwasher safe. I will tell you I did put it in the dishwasher once. The dish soap made a reaction to the aluminum on the inside of the bowl. If you do this, wiping it down with hydrogen peroxide seem to help, and I've washed it by hand ever since. I feel like in this day and age, there is no reason to not make kitchen tools dishwasher safe. The paddle and cover can be washed in the dishwasher which brings me to reason 2.
The cover on the machine is cheap. Mine has a big crack up the side. I can not recall how it happened, I never dropped it or anything, but it's just too thin so treat it very gingerly. That being said, it still works perfectly, it's just a little more awkward now.
Those are really the only two drawbacks about this particular machine I have noticed. Now you have to freeze the bowl for about 24 hours in advance, but that's just the type of ice cream maker this is. There are other refrigerated systems that do not require that, but they are in a much higher price range. I have a deep freezer so I"m really never short on the freezer space, but if you only have a micro-fridge, this might be a deal breaker for you.
The recipes tend to be too much volume for this ice cream maker. I always have about 1/2 cup of ice cream overflowing from the top. It gets kind of messy. If you can, make the recipes in two separate batches or try to do it on a day when your humidity is nonexistent. The higher the humidity the more it overflows.
Overall I"m completely satisfied with this purchase. If this did ever break down, I would probably buy this one again. It's a solid ice cream maker and the few drawbacks are not a big enough deal that it would sway me from buying this all over again if I had to do it over.
Top reviews from other countries
Había leído reseñas sobre el hecho de no congelaba la mezcla lo suficiente, pero no es así, más bien es vital seguir instrucciones del fabricante..
Guardo mi bowl en el congelador así que esta siempre listo.. en cuanto lo recibas recomiendo dejarlo ahí de 2 a 3 días, es solo la 1a vez, cual es la prisa... si lo almacenas ahí, en adelante tendras un recipiente listo para trabajar eficazmente SIEMPRE..
Procura también que la mezcla de helado este fría, yo generalmente uso leche y nata de montar que siempre estan refrigerados así que tengo helado en unos cuantos minutos..
Si fueras a hacer mantecado, es decir con adición de huevos o helado espesado con féculas simplemente haz tu mezcla y refrigera hasta que este bien frío (lo bueno lleva su tiempo, pero créeme, valdrá la pena la espera, no hay helado mas exquisito)..
El punto que queda es suave, si quisieras un helado todavía mas firme(para hacer bolas con scoop) vacía a un recipiente metálico y conserva unas horas en congelación..
Como ultima adición, el fabricante recomienda 20 minutos para que tu helado esté listo, no te excedas mucho más de este tiempo oara lograr mas firmeza, pues el bowl comienza a descongelar y suavizará tu helado... solo sigue instrucciones y no tendrás problema alguno, bowl bien congelado y mezcla fría...
Tip: I emailed the company to find out the difference between ICE-21 and ICE-21C. They told me there is no difference at all. The C stands for Canadian is all. It’s like half the price of the ICE-21!
Tip: Add 1/4 tsp of xanthan gum and 1 tbs of glycerin and you wil have the perfect scoopable batch. It’ll turn out like a brick otherwise. It took me many batches to get to the perfect ratio. Oh, and I make it sugar free and custard based, so these 2 ingredients are essential
In all probability there will be no such converter easily available. So the next best thing to do is get a 220v to 100v converter - not 110v. Lowering the voltage compensates for the Hz.
If you use a 110v converter the motor overheats and shuts down in 10 mins.