Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by us the duo PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 37 reviews(1 star). See all 859 reviews
on August 27, 2009
Revised review May 2017:

From five stars to one star.

I hate this set. Even only using low heat and following all directions like preheating pans, then adding oil, even trying proteins at room temperature, nothing prevents food from sticking, or leaving the dreaded "food footprint" on the bottom of the oan that will not clean off, even with Barkeeper's Friend or Bon Ami.

These are difficult pans to work with and I do not recomment them.

Original review:

I love this set! Don't confuse it with Cuisinart's inferior Chef's Classic line, which only has the tri-ply disk on the bottom, instead of the Multclad Pro's tri-ply construction on the sides and bottom like All-Clad. Food tastes better. I compared these to All-Clad in Macy's and I prefer the handles. All-Clad lids were slightly heavier (pans were not) but the Cuisinart handles were better.

It is impossible to keep them looking perfect; the bottoms are getting slightly scratched by my electric stove top. I also cook (sauté, pan fry) using salt, and I've heard that creates pock marks in this cookware if the water isn't boiling. A little Bon Ami, which I use instead of Barkeeper's Friend, removes some but not all of stains.

I'm going to use and enjoy them!
6 helpful votes
on December 28, 2016
I hated these pans! I was told they were the best on the market and they were so expensive for pans that I was expecting a lot more. Instead, everything stuck and they stained really easy. I ended up giving them away 6 months after buying them because I reverted back to my chest non stick pan that worked so much better. Would not buy this product again and font recommend it to others.
1 helpful vote
11 comment|Report abuse
on December 8, 2015
These are horrible! And yes, I tried cooking low and slow. It must be my stove top because I have family members that love these. I gave away my set to my mother and she loves them!
1 helpful vote
2 helpful votes
on December 21, 2012
even with oil on the bottom, unless you plan on standing in front of the stove the whole time you are cooking to constantly stir, the food sticks to the bottom. This is not even close to all clad, i never have food stick to my all clad stuff.
2 helpful votes
on February 16, 2014
My mom and I tried everything the instructions said to do and all the food stuck to them. I was really disappointed because they were good looking and great quality. Sent them back and was bummed out cause they were my "big Christmas present"
on May 25, 2012
from day one, these things stained very easily even from basic cooking, like an egg. Weird brown stains up along the sides. The bottom is a mess too. If I scrub real hard I can get most off the inside bottom of the pan. I read the directions, used low heat, use oil, tried bar keepers friend to clean. I am tired of trying to clean these things.
Sending back the two fry pans, paying for shipping, will see what happens. Might want to consider spending a bit more and get the best.
on January 23, 2014
I returned these after a day or two! call me stupid but if I cant fry an egg with out it sticking and causing me all kinds of trouble on one of these pans, then there must be a problem. maybe it is just for chefs and I am not one of those by far. but I can cook simple stuff and this pans were not making it easy!
on September 25, 2013
Do not waste your money. Butter, olive oil, even non stick sprays will not keep your food from sticking and burning. Once that happens the pans are done for. Impossible to clean. Could not recommend less.
6 helpful votes
on February 20, 2011
I highly suggest you do not buy this cookware set, or you will be very dissappointed like I was. Amazon.com did a wonderful job in sending this cookware set right away, and arranging for the merchandise return with refreshing and friendly ease and efficiciency. However, Cuisinart was terrible to deal with. These being new pots and pans, I used kit gloves in my care and use. Upon receiving the cookware, I gently unpacked and washed each piece, and put them away. The next day, I used the stock pot to cook pasta. I boiled the water and pasta on the medium-low heat of a gas stove. After washing and drying the pot, a bluish stain covered the inside of the pot. I was not too phased by this. The small 1-quart pot I used to heat up the pasta sauce cleaned up very well, as did the lids. The next day, I heated up some already cooked soup in the next sized sauce pot on medium-low heat. Despite my stirring efforts, the soup stuck to small areas on the bottom of the pot. After letting the pot cool, I washed it and dried it to find the pot's interior bottom was severely discolored brownish-rust colored. I was through with this cookware. I had seen enough. My husband asked me to test the skillets before calling Cuisinart. The next morning, I attempted to cook an omelette in the 8-inch skillet, only to have the eggs stick to the bottom, no matter how low I turned down the heat. The skillet cleaned up very nicely, though. That night, I sauted some diced potatoes in the saute pan, only to find the potatoes began sticking to the bottom. I had the heat on low, and added a lot more oil to no avail. The potatoes took longer to cook, and left a thin layer of potato and oil stuck to the interior bottom. Although the saute pan performed the worst of all the pots and pans, it cleaned up OK after I soaked it for about 10 minutes. The stuck on food came right off with the use of a nylon dobie pad. However, this pan was severely discolored as well. Finally, I just had to try the 10-inch skillet only to find similar disaapointing results. All of the lids cleaned up very well, and appeared to work as advertised. Upon trying to call Cuisinart, I was treated somewhat unsympathetically, and was placed on hold for perhaps 45 minutes. I did not sense that Cuisinart would help me, even though I told them I had only used their pans once. In my opinion, Cuisinart's warranty is useless if they have no concern for the customer, and require the customer to pay shipping both ways for defective merchandise. I wonder how they would have treated me if a year or two elapsed since buying their product? Even though the Amazon webpage indicated this cookware set (All Clad Pro) was made of 18/10 stainless steel, one Cuisinart representative told me it was not, and "we have no control over what Amazon writes on their webpage". He also said if the pans were made of 18/10 stainless steel, it would be imprinted on the bottom of each pan. There was nothing on the box, or in the skimpy literature enclosed, or imprinted on the pans' bottoms that showed the pans were made of 18/10 grade stainless steel. Another Cuisinart representative told me, after a considerable period of time on hold, that the pans were made of 18/10 stainless steel according to "corporate". When I asked if Cuisinart could provide this in writing, she said they could not. Moral of the story: if it says All Clad, and it's only $219, and it does not indicate the grade of material, tread carefully and buy at your own risk. When I brought my complaint to Amazon.com, they were very friendly and empathetic. They almost immediately sent me a pre-paid shipping label by email, and refunded my account within 48 hours of receiving the returned merchandise. If you have to buy something, purchase it through a reputable retailer like Aamazon. They run a good, tight ship.
77 helpful votes
78 helpful votes
1010 comments|Report abuse
on July 31, 2012
Based on the great reviews here as well as couple other sites, I ordered the Cuisinart MCP-12 cookware set as well as the 12" pan. The pan came first. I slid it out of the box and it looks amazing. I grabbed the handle to lift it and ouch! It is flat and narrow and jabs into my hand. I compared my 7 year old 12" pan and the new one. The old pan is just as heavy as the new one, however, the handles on the old pan are round and fit nicely in your hand.

I don't care how great of the cookware this may be, having such terrible handle design is just too painful. I'm sad to say, it is going back :(.