Lyft BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

VINE VOICEon August 26, 2012
We love it. It is an ideal size for small recipes for 1-2 people, with limited left overs depending on how much you eat, fill your plate or just 1/3 your plate with other sides like a veggie & potatoes or roll. But it doesn't fit everything that you would want to make. Realistically you will likely need both a 3.5 and 5 quart crock pots to select based on the size of the recipe. We still use this 3.5qt most for 2 of us, but have on occasion found it filled too quickly and switched over to the 5qt. Remember, any crock pot should only be filled to 2/3, not the top that is shown in all pictures on any box. We had started with a lot of veggies and potatoes and found we were already at 2/3 on this 3.5qt before we could even add the meat, so we switched to the 5qt. But then you do not want to always use a 5qt either, because you do not want too little in. So we end up using this 3.5qt most for the 2 of us, but have to occasionally use 5qt. The 3.5qt pot is easier to clean because it is smaller and weighs less than the 5qt.

The construction and quality of this pot seem very good to us. The lid is standard thickness for crock pots, and there doesn't seem to be any need for it to be heavier while it is cooking. It does build up condensed water around the ring of the lid and bubbles out during cooking as it continually pushed out steam. The 4 settings seem to give you plenty of flexibility, but we use low for most, and the automatic switch to warming mode is nice. The recipe book was actually nice compared to a Crock Pot brand 5qt (that we also like) that claimed a recipe book, but really only added a few pages at the pack of its manual. This one is a nice spiral bound book, but no pictures.

We couldn't always just set it and forget it, or just follow the exact time on the recipe. You really have to experiment to find the ideal cooking time for you. We found our recipes are done earlier than the usual 8 hours stated in our recipes, and ended up getting overcooked. So you make it once, realize it is dryer or veggies are overcooked, so you reduce the time next time. So the meals weren't perfect the first time we did any recipe so far, but were better the second time around when we made cooking time adjustments. For example, the first meal shown in the video was overdone, apples overcooked, and meat was a bit tough, which I think you can see in the video. So next time, just cook it less. For some meats, you really should test with a probe thermometer to ensure it is safely cooked, but hopefully only to confirm it is done, not to check frequently because you have to add cooking time every time you remove the lid. For the second meal shown in the video (pulled pork), it too cooked longer than needed the first time, and was better the second time when we checked the temperature earlier and confirmed done earlier. The best success we had with this was making pulled pork. Btw, I skipped showing the steps testing the meat temperature, adding the BBQ sauce, and using a fork to shred the pork.
1616 comments| 479 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 5, 2010
I am working on a slow cooker cookbook and I have 10 slow cookers. This is my favorite slow cooker of all of the ones I own because of the elusive third cooking temperature choice - simmer. New slow cookers cook about twice as hot as the old ones. So if you are cooking a recipe from an old cookbook it will most likely burn on low in any new slow cooker. The simmer setting on this slow cooker mimics the old low and that alone id amazing.

For the people who think it is not programmable any slow cooker that says it's programmable will mean it's switching to a warm setting after the amount of time you enter in. If it waited that 4 hours before starting you could get food poisoning, so you won't be seeing that as a feature anytime soon. But be aware that changing to warm can save your food if you come home late, so it's still a great function.

The 3 1/2 quart size is perfect for 2 or 3 people. If you are looking for a larger family you may want to get the 4 or 6 quart one.
44 comments| 716 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 23, 2016
used one time and cooked the food half done. I have a Hamilton Beach 6 qt and it works great but I wanted something smaller for small veggies but this is not it. Terrible!
on October 15, 2017
I have had this cooker for three years and used it probably a dozen times, at most. The reason I have not used it more and am replacing is that it cooks way too hot. On high, things don't just simmer, but actively boil. The temperature on low also is too high. Food cooks much more quickly than the estimated time for all my recipes. The result is food that tastes more boiled than simmered. The exterior also gets quite hot when in use.

As for positives, the ceramic insert is good quality and cleans fairly easily. Controls are easy to use.
on October 19, 2015
I bought this to replace an older slow cooker whose handles had broken off. I was initially concerned that it would be too small for what we needed, but it works just right. This is an excellent slow cooker and has converted me to Cuisinart products. This is the first slow cooker where you had to check if the food was underdone on its "simmer" setting- as you may know, most slow cookers lead to worry about overcooking. The simmer feature is nice, but the programmable part is the best. Mine has a nice blue screen that tells you if it's on and how much time is left. I've made soup, stock, yogurt, pot roast, and mulled cider in this slow cooker. Highly recommended, will likely buy another Cuisinart product.
on July 24, 2011
Update January 2016 almost 5 years use it still a few time a month has been missing the rubber foot on the front corner for years still works fine. I wash the lid and insert in the dish washer when needed but normally use crock pot bags. It is starting to show some wear and I noticed that it doesn't cook at hot as it used to but still gets the job done. I'm Not home so 9hrs on low or 8 makes no difference to me.
I think for $50 I'm going to order a new one.

Update March 2014 I have used this crock pot 2-3 times a week for almost 3 years now and its been abused a lot! Dropped 3 times 100s or trips in the car has been knocked over 5-6 timed but still going strong and all original parts. Although I have noticed that it cooks at high temps for a slow cooker at 6000ft that wasn't an issue now at 600 need to use low not high. Other then that the only problem I have had with it is one of the little rubber feet fell off and has become lost so it is a little wobbly.

July 2011
I had alot of trouble finding a small crockpot with digital controls and timers. It is a littel exspencive but worth the money. This is perfect for us does dinner for two with out to many left overs but will still do a main dish for 4 no problem. I've had it a few months now and I use it 2 or 3 times a week, just turn it on befor I go to work then Dinner is done when I come home I love it. The Insert makes it easy to clean compared to the other smaller ones I have had in the past. It has a very niced finished look so it looks good sitting on our counter as well. I'm just now writing the review because I like it so much I just 2 more as a wedding gifts for my friends.
on January 22, 2016
I have several Cuisinart kitchen appliances like hand mixer and mini chopper that have been a dependable & handy over many years/regular use. Cuisinart brand has been consistently great so expect this 3.5 quart oval slow cooker with removable crock insert to be workhorse too. Design and quality is excellent, oval ceramic pot perfect size for 2-3, easy clean up, glass top with beefy knob, know I will get a ton of use, made chicken bone soup from leftover rotisserie chicken several times and stews, no hot spots and programmable is bonus, haven't used that feature yet cause I'm always in kitchen fussing. Brushed finish looks a cut above cheaper brands. Price is mid range but you get what you pay for. I am well pleased so far...would buy again! Amazon service is fast, package double boxed and arrives well packed and super safe.
on October 27, 2014
I love this appliance. It has the simmer option which few other slow cookers have. This keeps the food from over cooking if you're out all day.( If you're recipe calls for "low", use "simmer:). Otherwise it will boil too hot, defeating the purpose of slow cooking. It's super easy to use and to clean. I use mine weekly, and not just in the cold months. At night before bed I throw in raw veggie scraps I've saved throughout the month in the freezer, some chicken bones if I have and bay leaves or scrap herb stems, and in the morning I have perfect home made stock. There are countless uses, and countless recipes. Some of my favorite and tried and true are from thekitchn.com. Enjoy!
on May 2, 2015
The lid was way too small and loose. It was so loose that if I tried to put it on and was slightly off center it fell in. It also looked like it may have been returned previously. I started the return process the same day it was delivered. I am planning to buy one locally and will comment here if the new one is any better.
on July 6, 2017
I purchased this slow cooker in 2015 as a replacement for a larger, much older cooker and have used it quite a few times without issue. I appreciate the timer and simmer functions - many modern slow cookers cook a bit too warm to use without modifying older recipes, and the temperature on the simmer function (187 F) seems to closely match the low setting on my old cooker. The inner pot is standard stoneware and the lid is glass. The only complaint I have about either is that the lid doesn't feature a small hole for a meat thermometer - I'd prefer to be able to check the temperature of meat without removing the lid.

The size is perfect for a single, leftover-free meal for 3-4 people.

All in all, it's a solid cooker that has done beautifully over many, many uses. I feel it was good value for money and hope to be using it for years to come.