Top critical review
297 people found this helpful
Works Really well- for a while
on August 3, 2009
So I'm a spice freak. I have more than a hundred spices in my pantry and like to grind my own spice mixes using whole spices. After breaking two coffee grinders trying to grind spices in them, I tried this little gem. I've had it for almost 6 months and it works wonderfully well! I've ground hard and soft spices in it and it breaks them all down in a few pulses. I've even used it to grind wet spices in small quantities with equal success.
1. It works for both wet and dry spices.
2. The cup and the lid can both be put in the dishwasher- no need to risk cutting your hands on the blade!
3. The cup has an inner rubber lid that can be used to store spices in the cup if you want to (I never do, but still..)
1. After grinding, there is always spice dust on the outer edge of the grinder and in the crevices that has to be cleaned.
2. Because the lid itself is used to push down and grind, it does not fit securely on the body of the grinder when not in use. I'm always scared that the lid is going to fall off and break one day.
All in all, I'm happy with the product and would purchase it again.
Edited to add (08/01/10):
After more than a year of regular use (bye bye warranty), the cup has jammed into the base and will not come off. The machine still works, but since the grinding base is jammed and the cup itself is loose, spinning around when you hold the lid down, you can't grind anything. So long, Cuisinart. It was good while it lasted.