Cuisinart TEA-100 PerfecTemp Programmable Tea Steeper and Kettle
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Removable stainless steel tea infuser; raise and lower to steep loose or bagged tea
- Programmable controls: 6 preset temperatures (for delicate, green, white, oolong, herbal and black teas)
- Adjustable countdown steeping timer; 30-minute keep warm option; 2-minute lift-off memory feature
- Cordless glass kettle holds 1 liter for tea steeping; 1.2 liters as a water kettle; perfect for homemade iced tea; removable spout filter
- Overheat and boil dry protection; dishwasher-safe removable parts; 1500 watts for fast heat-up
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Cuisinart PerfecTemp Programmable Tea Steeper & Kettle
Treat yourself to precision brewed teas with the Cuisinart PerfectTemp Programmable Tea Steeper & Kettle. Featuring six preset water temperatures, this teakettle quickly heats the water to the right temperature for your tea and then boasts a countdown time so that your tealeaves will steep for the perfect length of time. The stainless steel tea infuser can also be removed to quickly heat up to 1.2 liters of water in the kettle. Steeps both loose and bagged tea in beautiful glass so that you can see the flavors develop.
- Perfect for Homemade Iced Tea
- Removable Spout Filter
- Overheat and Boil Dry Protection
- Dishwasher-safe removable parts
- 1500 watts for fast heat-up
- 30-Minute Keep Warm Option and 2-Minute Lift-Off Memory Feature
- Cordless Glass Kettle - holds 1 liter for tea steeping/1.2 liters as a water kettle
- Removable Stainless Steel Tea Infuser raise and lower to steep loose or bagged tea
- 6 Preset Tea Temperatures (for Delicate, Green, White, Oolong, Herbal and Black teas)
- Programmable Controls with Blue LED Indicators and adjustable Countdown Steeping Timer
Compare with similar items
Perfect Tea, Perfectly Easy!
Tea is a matter of taste, so Cuisinart introduces a new programmable tea steeper that lets tea lovers call the shots. Preset water temperatures ensure each variety of tea steeps at the proper temperature. A countdown steeping timer can be adjusted to increase or decrease steeping time according to taste. Or remove the stainless tea infuser to turn this tea steeper into a kettle by putting on the “kettle lid” on; and heat up to 1.2 liters of water fast.
The Cuisinart TEA-100 PerfecTemp Programmable Tea Steeper & Kettle is versatile, easy and adjustable - let us guide you with our pre-programmed settings, or call the shots yourself for an experience all your own. Your pot of tea has never been so easy or so good!
A Brief History of Tea
The origins of tea can be traced back nearly 5,000 years to a legendary emperor of China, an herbalist. It is believed that leaves from twigs he was burning floated into a kettle of boiling water. Thus tea was born and soon flourished throughout southern Asia. As trade routes expanded, tea made its way to the West, and today is enjoyed around the world.
The Health Benefits of Tea
Many teas are brimming with healthful benefits like natural vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Drinking any tea rehydrates the body, and its antioxidants may offer protections against a wide range of diseases. A cup of tea can be a gentle start to the day, a soothing mid-afternoon break, or a comfortable way to unwind and relax each evening – it all adds up to a healthy mind, body, and spirit.
- 6 preset water temperature options ensure each variety of tea is allowed to steep in the proper environment necessary to bring out its unique flavor
- Steep your tea right in the kettle with our stainless steel tea infuser – it holds loose or bagged tea as well as your favorite spices, fruits and/or herbs to create your own blend
- Adjustable countdown steeping timer lets you decide how long to steep. Or use our recommended times, based on the tea type you selected
- 30-minute Keep Warm option and Perfect Memory feature keep your tea ready for refills
- Add ice, right in the kettle, for homemade iced-tea; freshly steeped, with your favorite tea
- Steep up to 1 L of hot tea, or use the Kettle Lid to heat up to 1.2 L of water in this cordless kettle for hot cocoa, oatmeal and more
- Recipe booklet for fun and delicious ideas!
To heat up to 1.2 liters of water for cocoa, instant oatmeal or soup, french press and more – faster than your stovetop – simply remove the steeping assembly from your PerfecTemp Kettle, add water, cover with the kettle lid, and select your perfect temp!
To release a tea’s unique character and its naturally aromatic flavors and health benefits, it must steep at just the right temperature for just the right amount time. The PerfecTemp Tea Steeper features our recommended preset times and temperatures for perfect results.
The Art of Steeping Tea
Great care is taken to create each tea’s unique character. When the temperature is suited to the particular tea, and steeping time is perfect, tea lovers can savor and appreciate all of tea’s naturally aromatic flavors and health benefits. But remember, tastes and teas vary; you can always adjust to your personal preference. Enjoy!
Parts and Benefits
Kettle Lid for use when heating water without steeping, or serving iced tea
Steeping Assembly for use when steeping tea
- Steeper Lid turns to raise and lower tea infuser
- Tea Infuser Cover
- Tea Infuser holds loose or bagged tea
- Infuser Holder Tabs
- Infuser Holder
Removable Spout Filter
Glass Kettle with easy-to-read water level markings
Power Base with 360° Swivel
- Power Button turns unit on and off
- Select Button scrolls through tea/temperature options and adjusts steeping time
- Temperature Start Button starts heating process
- Tea/Temperature Options:
- Delicate (160°F)
- Green (175°F)
- White (185°F)
- Oolong (190°F)
- Herbal (200°F)
- Black (Boil – 212°F)
- Time Start Button starts countdown steeping timer
- LCD Display counts down steeping time and Keep Warm time
- Keep Warm Button selects/deselects this option, and adjusts Keep Warm time
Simple Steps to Perfect Tea
Just add up to 1 liter of fresh water to the kettle. Place loose or bagged tea in the tea basket.
Our recommended steeping time for the type of tea selected will appear. Adjust time if you like.
Select one of our preset tea temperatures based on the type of tea you’re steeping.
Lower infuser into the clear glass kettle. Watch tea steep as time counts down in the display.
The Steeper’s 1500 watts quickly heats water to the exact tea temperature you selected.
Lift your cordless kettle off power base to serve. Features convenient Keep Warm and memory feature.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
UPDATE 8-26-2016 I had to order a replacement unit after original began to boil over, not just in heating cycle, but also during warm cycle. I followed the directions and everything was great until it wasn't! I must say that the Cuisinart a customer Service was wonderful. You do give your credit card number for the $10 shipping. But a brand new TEA-100 arrived within 3 days of reporting the problem. Now I will see how long second unit lasts.
It is very solid an well build. The infuser piece is almost heavy duty! There are some arrows on the top part that you have to align properly to assemble it for use. It seems like a bit of a puzzle at first, but once you get the hang of it, it just becomes trivial.
Some reviews mention that the basket is hard to fill up and to clean. I agree with that up to a certain point, but I don't think it's a big deal. It would definitely be easier if the basket came out, but it works fine the way it is. I don't have any issues filling it up with a regular teaspoon and I don't think it's that hard to clean it either. I just put it under the running tap and run my fingers inside. To the food disposal it goes. No biggie really.
I like the pre settings and I find it easy to set the temperature, the steeping time and the keep warm feature.
The only thing I don't like about it is that the "keep warm" will actually keep the temperature you selected to brew, so most of the time it will keep boiling and reboiling the tea. It would be nice if it just kept the tea at a pleasant warm drinking temperature. I usually brew 2 cups at the time and don't use the "keep warm", but if you plan on brewing a full pot, that may be annoying.
Some reviews also mention it only keeps warm for 30 minutes. It's true, but you can always add more minutes as you go. When the 30 minutes count down is on, you can press "select" at anytime and set the counter back to 30 minutes. You have to do it manually though.
Overall, I like this kettle very much and I am happy with it. In my opinion, it just needs some tweaks in the "keep warm" feature.
First the device is well built and described well. I'm not surprised at its functionality. Here's the drill.
1. You turn the device on and select on of 5 or 6 temp settings based on the type of tea you're brewing.
2. It rapidly heats the water to the desired heat.
3. It bleeps a LOUD warning when it hits the desired heat (I'm always trying to be quiet as my wife sleeps later than I).
4. Then you manually turn the top of the device which screws the brewing chamber into the heated water.
5. Then you hit a button which starts a timer for brewing, upon completing, it bleeps a different LOUD chirp (just in case your spouse or kids have fallen back to sleep).
6. You then turn the top of the device the other direction to manually screw the brewing chamber above the water line.
7. A new timer begins which will shut the device off in 30 minutes tops automatically (after another LOUD bleep).
Results: a pretty good cup of tea. We've done green, white, black and herbal with the various settings. Still learning the amount of tea to put in the chamber, but I'm convinced I'll get the hang of this. So, crossed the line of no return and pitched the box the other day, so, I'm not going to return it.
But, if you engineering wizards at Cuisinart are reading this, here's a few suggestions:
1. I burnt my fingers the first day I used this when I turned the top of the device to drop the brewing chamber as my fingers passed over the hole for pouring (the stopping point for DROP) and the steam took off two fingerprints. Oh, I added my own version of a LOUD bleep. But I've learned my lesson. Keep your fingers tucked away from the end of the snake that bites.
2. It's VERY difficult to both put tea into the chamber (unless you prefer to spill half the loose tea on your counter), and then to clean the expended tea leaves at the end (shaking hard like I did the first two times resulted in wet, black tea leaves to get on my shirt, thus causing me to go upstairs, and get another shirt-my wife just finally got up with a grumble).
So, it's a pretty good start and I've kind of gotten into the routine. It's sort of like being in a gitte in France and trying to figure out how to use the Internet or start a heater. A little puzzle. I'm actually getting pretty good at it. My brother-in-law tried to use it the other day, and it was fun to be able to "take over" and "show him the ropes" so he doesn't "hurt himself". Pretty cool to be the resident expert of something.
Also gave me an opportunity to buy some earplugs for my wife. Perhaps they should come as part of the package.