Amazon Vehicles Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop now Book House Cleaning Moonlight Moonlight Moonlight  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 14 reviews
This excellent food mill made of heavy stainless steel does NOT do the same job as either a food processor, blender, or grater. The one tool to which it is most similar is the potato ricer, which I choose when I am cooking for only two, but the food mill is much better when there are four our more diners for which to make truly lump free mashed potatles.

The biggest difference between the food mill and those powered appliances is that one can selectively strain out seeds and skins from the pulp of things such as tomatoes and other thin-skinned fruits.

A secondary consideration is the fact that a food mill is a lot easier to clean and is therefore a lot more sanitary than those scratch prone plastic food processor components.

I have used this model for years and would use it more often if I were cooking routinely for more than two.

Very highly recommended.
on October 2, 2002
I had to chuckle when I received the food mill because I remembered the comment I had read on not being able to put it together, and I felt like a complete kitchen pro (I am definitely not) putting this food mill together in 5 seconds flat.
I wanted to make mashed potatoes for Sunday dinner, and boy, does this take the work out of making mashed potatoes. Well, you still have to peel the potatoes (won't do that for you regrettably, but hey, that's what kids/loving spouses are for, right?). But the actual mashing part was done in under two minutes, and the potatoes were SO good! I love this food mill and will have to try out other foods.
My only comment would be to concur on the rather skimpy instruction booklet.
on January 18, 2016
Almost 13 years since I bought this, I pull it out two or three times a years to put tomatoes through for sauce. Works great!
on October 15, 2003
We replaced our aluminum food mill with this stainless steel one and really like it. We've canned tomato juice and applesauce using this food mill and it did a great job of preventing the seeds from getting through. The stainless steel also prevents the discoloration to the applesauce that the aluminum food mill caused.
on July 17, 2003
Have to agree with another reviewer, the smooth surface of the discs makes it very difficult to use with many foods. This is better suited for very soft non-slippery foods such as potatoes, it's easier and less clean-up to use a ricer.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.