Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $5.49 shipping
Cuisipro Stainless Steel Measuring Spoon Set
- Low Return Rate: 16% fewer returns than similar products
- Highly Rated: More than 90% 4 star and 5 star reviews
- Popular Item: Popular with customers shopping for "cuisipro stainless steel measuring spoons"
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Set includes: 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 1tsp and 1tbsp
- Made of stainless steel
- Oval shape to fit into spice jars
- Measurements are permanently stamped on spoon handles
- Set nests for storage and attach to a removable loop
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Prepworks by Progressive Magnetic Measuring Spoons, Stainless Steel - Set of 5
Spring Chef Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Metal Measuring Spoons for Dry or Liquid, Fits in Spice Jar, Set of 6
1Easylife 18/8 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons, Set of 6 for Measuring Dry and Liquid Ingredients
Cuisipro Stainless Steel Measuring Spoon Set, Odd Sizes
Cuisipro Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Spoon Set
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Spring Chef||1EasylifeDirect||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Color||Stainless Steel||—||Stainless Steel||Silver||Silver||Silver|
|Item Dimensions||1.5 x 5.75 x 0.5 in||2 x 7 x 1.5 in||1.02 x 6.5 x 0.79 in||1.54 x 5.04 x 1.18 in||1.5 x 5.5 x 0.5 in||2.72 x 8 x 1.85 in|
|Item Weight||—||2.4 ounces||6.4 ounces||3.2 ounces||—||—|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||18/8 Stainless Steel||Stainless steel||Stainless Steel|
|Size||Standard||5 pieces||Rectangular||6 Pieces Round||Odd||Standard|
Cook’s illustrated Recommended – Winner!
Manufactured of the toughest stainless steel, these superb nesting measuring spoons are oval in shape to reach into the smallest spice jar. The gently curved handles curl under, so the spoons can sit securely on the counter without tipping over. You won't have to worry about capacity measurement decals wearing off over time: Cuisipro stamps the capacity right into the handle of these measuring spoons. This set includes the essentials: 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 1 tsp, and 1 tbsp. They attach to a removable clip, or can nest for storage.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This is actually the second set of measuring spoons I use. The main one is a set of rectangular spoons from Endurance (now RSVP??). It has one additional spoon in its set, and all fit into my spice jars. The Cuisipro set has only 5 spoons, the 1 tbls size does not fit in most of my spice jars, and all the handles are shorter than the Endurance so don't reach as far into the jar. However, these spoons are a bit deeper than the Endurance ones, and the handle is shaped to allow them to sit flat on the countertop. I thought they would therefore be better for liquids. We'll see if that is true in use.
In any case, given the quality issues I had with the Cuisipro spoons, I only gave them 2 stars, even though they're probably fine when you get a good set. However, if I was only going to have one set, it would be the Endurance.
I splurged! I long ago replaced cookware with non-reactive, non-toxic stainless, cast iron and vitreous enamels, and food storage containers with glass. It was time to enshrine my aluminum measuring spoon set in a kitchen museum from the 50's. I hadn't been doing much measuring when cooking, but now that we are venturing into new food genres and trying new recipes in general (had been in a meal rut!) bringing the aluminum set out of retirement bothered me.
Here is my rundown for the Cuispro set (oval, standard size measurements):
- Well-made; good weight, not flimsy.
- Attractive: the oval-shaped bowls of each spoon are mirror-finish stainless and very pretty.
- Engraved markings preferable to painted. The handles are satin matte stainless with engraved markings indicating measure.
- No Spill, sits flat on counter: I was concerned about the oval rounded bottoms being 'tippy' but they do seem to sit flat on the counter without spilling.
- Can sweep ingredient flat, the handle is level with tops of spoons. Important feature that surpisingly, not all sets allow.
- Fits in spice jars. Oval shape allows all but the tablespoon size to fit in most jars. Less spillage and waste. Just a good, well-thought out and very practical advantage. Much better than trying to shake spices into a tiny spoon. Yes, experienced cooks don't measure...but sometimes you need to and when you do, these are great.
- Double-key ring is heavy-duty - keeps them together, if you like that. However, removing spoons from the ring is a major decision as it would take some effort on my part to do so. Neither would I care to change my mind and have to put them back on this sturdy ring as it is a difficult exercise, either way. I've been trying for a good five minutes, breaking sweat! This will take a tool and possibly someone other than myself to do the job. I don't want to scratch my new spoons!
- Could use even more visible markings... My eyesight needs help. The engraving depth on the 1/2 teaspoon is uneven (not as deep throughout the length of the text and fainter) than it is on the others. Still, prefer this to painted markings that wear off with use/washing. And far prefer stainless to flimsier old-style aluminum that I still own or modern plastics. Would prefer even deeper engraving for better, easier visibility without eye-strain. (Deducting one star for this, reluctantly, as visibility is very important factor for me, personally.)
Features for the Perfect Measuring Spoon Set - (This set plus Hoped for Improvements) - take note, measuring spoon manufacturers!All important features, but listed in ascending order:
1. Easily removable ring (which magnets would eliminate the need for.) Wish this set was easier to remove from ring.
2. Magnetic Attraction: Would love to see a set like this one that magnetically sticks to one another to keep them together. Saw another brand on amazon that is magnetic, but reviews said the magnet inset falls out! I find separate spoons so much easier to use as I find all-on-ring design cumbersome and I invariably get them all dirty so need to wash all instead of one or two, etc...Would love for them to stay spooning in storage eliminating the hunt...even keeping them all in a cup rather than a drawer it takes time to find The One. Embedded magnets would mean no more searching for size needed for that recipe.
3. Level handle/spoon so you can sweep the ingredient flat (as these have.)
4. Spoons stand on counter without tipping over or spilling contents (as these do.)
5. Fits in spice jars. Narrow enough bowl to get in and fill up. (all but tablespoon fits, but that size in other sets don't fit inside jars either, unless your spices are in wide-mouth decorative jars.)
6. Very easy to read at a glance markings (no time wasted holding them up to the light to read markings; no eye strain.)- This set could be improved a bit in this department.
7. Heavy, high quality stainless steel: no food interaction, no staining, easy washing, attractive (as these are.)
Over all, this is a very nice set, sturdy enough to be handed down to the next generation provided the engraved markings don't wear down with use...which, of course, will depend on how much use they see in your kitchen and whether you hand-wash or throw these in the dishwasher.)
There wasn't much of a price difference when I placed my order ( these were approximately thirty cents more) but this set comes with 5 spoons - OXO comes with 4, Although both are stainless steel according to the ads, each spoon in this set is actually stamped "stainless steel" on the back of the handle (OXO spoons are not). These are also considerably heavier (they are the heaviest set of sppons that I have ever purchased - a real plus) and they have a superior "finished" feel ( highly polished with no rough edges) when compared to the other brand. In addition, the size of each spoon is stamped into the metal on the front of the handle so I do not need to worry about the measurement washing off over time (OXO's measurements are not stamped - just labeled in black ink).
A couple of other major differences are the way that the spoons are bound together and the shape of the bowls. This set came with the old-fashioned ring attachment along with a rubber band type of connector while OXO actually embeds a button magnet in each handle. I don't have much of a preference yet for either style but I do prefer Cuisipro's oval shaped spoon-bowls over OXO's round ones. These are the first set of oval-shaped spoons that I have owned and- they make measuring spices straight from the jar much easier.
I will not hesitate to purchase this brand again when the teaspoon takes it inevitable journey through the disposal...
I decided to keep the set since I like the heft and it's good enough.