Cuisipro Stainless Steel Measuring Spoon Set
|Price:||$10.10 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Set includes: 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 1tsp and 1tbsp
- Made of stainless steel
- Oval shape to fit into spice jars
- Measurements are permanently stamped on spoon handles
- Set nests for storage and attach to a removable loop
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Cuisipro Stainless Steel Measuring Spoon Set
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||2LB Depot||Amazon.com|
|Color||Silver||stainless steel||Stainless Steel||Silver|
|Dimensions||0.5 inches x 5.75 inches x 1.5 inches||0.5 inches x 5.5 inches x 1.5 inches||1 inches x 1 inches x 6 inches||1.85 inches x 8 inches x 2.72 inches|
|Item Package Weight||0.25 pounds||0.18 pounds||0.4 pounds||1.25 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Cook’s illustrated Recommended – Winner!
Manufactured of the toughest stainless steel, these superb nesting measuring spoons are oval in shape to reach into the smallest spice jar. The gently curved handles curl under, so the spoons can sit securely on the counter without tipping over. You won't have to worry about capacity measurement decals wearing off over time: Cuisipro stamps the capacity right into the handle of these measuring spoons. This set includes the essentials: 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 1 tsp, and 1 tbsp. They attach to a removable clip, or can nest for storage.
Top Customer Reviews
"Even cooks who can't be bothered to pull out a measuring spoon for stovetop recipes know that such cavalier imprecision (read: eyeballing) won't cut it when baking. But which brand is best?
After filling nine spoons to level, then carefully weighing the contents, we concluded that every brand was sufficiently accurate. So preferences came down to design. We measure dry ingredients by scooping a heaping spoonful, then sweeping it to level (a method we call "dip and sweep"). Easy enough -- unless the shape of the spoon hinders either the dipping or the sweeping. Fat spoons, spoons with short handles, overly bulky spoons, and spoons with raised handles all made this task more difficult. When measuring out liquid ingredients, shallow spoons posed a higher risk of spillage than deep spoons.
Where did we end up? The sturdy Cuisipro spoons feature an elongated, oval shape that proved optimal for scooping ingredients from narrow jar. In addition, the ends of the handles curl down, putting them level with the spoon's base and thereby allowing a full measure to be set down on the counter with no tipping and no mess. Perfection is in the details."
Their best feature, though, is the elongated shape. Anything you need only a half teaspoon of is usually stored in a little bottle, right? With most measuring spoons you have to pour the spices into the spoon because the spoon doesn't fit easily inside the bottle. These are a natural fit, making the task easier and less messy.
You'll never regret upgrading a tool you use almost every time you cook. Treat yourself to a basic tool that doesn't feel basic at all.
BTW, if you're in need of a set of measuring cups, I can highly recommend the All-Clad 5 piece measuring cup set; which rates at the very top of my best buy list.
I splurged! I long ago replaced cookware with non-reactive, non-toxic stainless, cast iron and vitreous enamels, and food storage containers with glass. It was time to enshrine my aluminum measuring spoon set in a kitchen museum from the 50's. I hadn't been doing much measuring when cooking, but now that we are venturing into new food genres and trying new recipes in general (had been in a meal rut!) bringing the aluminum set out of retirement bothered me.
Here is my rundown for the Cuispro set (oval, standard size measurements):
- Well-made; good weight, not flimsy.
- Attractive: the oval-shaped bowls of each spoon are mirror-finish stainless and very pretty.
- Engraved markings preferable to painted. The handles are satin matte stainless with engraved markings indicating measure.
- No Spill, sits flat on counter: I was concerned about the oval rounded bottoms being 'tippy' but they do seem to sit flat on the counter without spilling.
- Can sweep ingredient flat, the handle is level with tops of spoons. Important feature that surpisingly, not all sets allow.
- Fits in spice jars. Oval shape allows all but the tablespoon size to fit in most jars. Less spillage and waste. Just a good, well-thought out and very practical advantage. Much better than trying to shake spices into a tiny spoon. Yes, experienced cooks don't measure...but sometimes you need to and when you do, these are great.
- Double-key ring is heavy-duty - keeps them together, if you like that. However, removing spoons from the ring is a major decision as it would take some effort on my part to do so.Read more ›
I also have the accompanying set and unlike other sets these complement each other. No holes, all fall in order.
Also as they will sit on the counter while full is an additional bonus.
Well thought out and constructed with a purpose.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought these because the measuring spoons I currently have are round and do not fit into spice bottles. Read morePublished 4 days ago by monkeywrench
The ring that holds it together is rubber and makes it a pain in the butt to use sometimes.Published 9 days ago by dana
Measuring spoons are humble cooking items, but even though these are expensive, they are a pleasure to use. Well worth the one time cost.Published 12 days ago by James B.
I owned plastic measuring spoons for decades before buying these, and none of the plastic ones beats metal. These are more durable and I like their shape. Read morePublished 14 days ago by do-re-mi
Very accurate measuring spoons - markings are indented in the metal and won't wear off like cheaper brands.Published 25 days ago by Jonathan P.
I LOVE these measuring spoons. I like that they are all connected and nestle into each other. I also love that the sizes are stamped into the stainless steel. Read morePublished 25 days ago by Kayleigh
They are exactly what I needed. Single piece of metal making them difficult to break, good. The only complaint I have is that there is no half Tbsp.Published 1 month ago by Jayna Seegmiller