- ISBN-10: 0981657141
- ISBN-13: 978-0981657141
- Product Dimensions: 9.1 x 6.1 x 0.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 4.9 out of 5 stars See all reviews (17 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,166,504 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Culinary Creativity: Let your restrictions set you free Hardcover – 2012
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Top Customer Reviews
1. The book is very artistic and attractive to look at with good color pictures of each recipe.
2. The paper quality is very good with the type of binding that allows you to leave the book open flat at any page.
3. Full nutritional information on every dish is included.
4. This is largely a vegetarian and even vegan book with one chapter on chicken. No tofu.
5. The layout and table of contents for each chapter makes it super easy to browse for something you want to eat.
6. The recipes are easy to follow and (so far) turn out as expected.
7. This is full of fun, interesting foods that you probably didn't think you could eat, made possible. (There is a picture of a cupcake right on the cover after all.)
8. The chapter on bento boxes is worth reading just for fun, even if you never make them. Very cute, very creative. I have a friend with small children who makes bento boxes for their lunches and they love to eat healthy food because it looks like fun.
9. Yes, this is mostly health food (with a lot of fun thrown in) so some ingredients may be more expensive or found only in health food grocery stores. Most ingredients are common.
10. The cakes and desserts are moist and plenty sweet. No cardboard here!
11. This is not just fun and comfort type food.Read more ›
Okay, let's get started. If you're interested, click here: [...] to view pictures and commentary of the many recipes I made form this amazing cookbook. I didn't plan on making so many, but they all looked so delicious, easy and with very few ingredients. I've already adopted many of her recipes into my weekly dinner, lunch, and snack rotation. Her cookbook also includes a bunch of delectable desserts, but I am always desperate for lunch and dinner ideas. So I focused on these recipes.
Here are just a few reasons why I love this cookbook:
1. Every single page is in COLOR (I just love that)
2. Each recipe comes with a picture (also love that)
3. Every recipe has full nutritional content (listed in the back in Appendix II) - so you know the calories, fat, fiber, sugar, etc., of each recipe (that's pretty awesome).
4. Each recipe comes with notes or fun stories about Dawn's travels and culinary inspirations.
5. The recipes are easy to make and the instructions are easy to follow and every page is nicely organized. It's compact and easy to handle.
6.Read more ›
I've tried several of the recipes so far and all are easy to follow, but most importantly delicious. Several have already become family favorites... even for those people in the family who are not on allergy restriction diets!
I've bought two copies of this book as gifts for friends with food restrictions... this book has definitely helped me get out of my comfort-zone of cooking!
Going to a 'free-from' diet of any kind can be discouraging. This book provides clear strategies and demonstrates that we can still eat what we love even with a different language of ingredients. Plus, it's beautiful. The Bento lunches are designed for kids but would make adults happy too. A great combination of fun, inspiration, and comfort. Well done!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This delightful book calls out: "Come play with me." The colors, graphics and design invite one to leave one's serious attitudes and fears about food in the other room and enter a... Read morePublished 20 months ago by llamalady
The layout and organization of the recipes makes this cookbook easy to use. The resulting foods are very good. Read morePublished on March 28, 2014 by Windwalker
Every recipe I've made from this book has been outstanding! My kids love everything too. I just ordered a copy for my friend as a gift. Read morePublished on January 30, 2014 by Jennifer DeCesare
This is one of my favorite cookbooks! It introduces a new way of looking at cooking gluten- and dairy-free. I recommend!Published on December 27, 2013 by Sandra G.
Dawn is an innovative culinary master! It is so important for kids to feel like their peers. To have foods that look like what others are eating and are acceptable for the child... Read morePublished on March 3, 2013 by kenda parker ward
Written with clarity, honesty and humor, this book is sure to move you past any self-pity you might have for being on a restricted eating regime. Read morePublished on October 26, 2012 by Anna B
Attention, my gluten-free friends! Please buy this awesome book. The recipes are terrific and delicious (and not particularly difficult); the photos are mouthwateringly enticing;... Read morePublished on October 10, 2012 by Constance Lehmann
I won this book on a blog giveaway. First, I must say that the book itself is adorable! There are very few vegan recipes; most of them use eggs, but the book doesn't claim... Read morePublished on October 7, 2012 by MusicalDreamer