- Paperback: 280 pages
- Publisher: Smithsonian Books; Revised edition (June 22, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1560987162
- ISBN-13: 978-1560987161
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.6 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 12.6 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,537,921 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Culture and Comfort: Parlor Making and Middle-Class Identity, 1850-1930 Revised Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
“Culture and Comfort is the most stimulating work on domestic furnishings and American culture in the nineteenth century. No other book combines such a rich analysis of material objects with such a firm, sophisticated grasp of American cultural history and cultural theory.”—John F. Kasson, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
About the Author
Katherine C. Grier is an assistant professor of history at the University of Utah.
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|