- Series: Early Modern Cultural Studies
- Hardcover: 215 pages
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan; 2013 edition (March 20, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0312293860
- ISBN-13: 978-0312293864
- Product Dimensions: 5.7 x 0.8 x 11.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 13.6 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #6,030,565 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Culture, Faith, and Philanthropy: Londoners and Provincial Reform in Early Modern England (Early Modern Cultural Studies) 2013th Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
"[Ward] provides us with a thorough and well-crafted study that demonstrates the importance of metropolitan charity in the social and cultural changes of the early modern period." - Reviews in History
About the Author
Joseph P. Ward is Associate Professor and Chair of the Department of History of the University of Mississippi, USA. His previous publications include Metropolitan Communities: Trade Guilds, Identity and Change in Early Modern London and, with Robert Bucholz, London: A Social and Cultural History, 1550-1750.