Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Shop Popular Services siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 13 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 70 reviews
on April 7, 2016
I totally get what this book is trying to do, and I agree with a lot of it. The tone of this book is condescending. Most of the book tells me what my experiences are and how much I love television and brands and so on. I'd rather read more research, real cases, and solutions than what I'm apparently doing and feeling and thinking. I feel like this is the book of an angsty young adult - complaining about everything, little real information, and silly-to-no solutions. It makes the actual valid points seem invalid just by how it was written. Not worth reading unless you want to know how much of a corporate zombie you are. You deserve a smarter book that will encourage you, not put you down.
on January 22, 2013
This book, being printed in '99, is slightly outdated. It would have been a really informative read at the time, and it still holds a great deal of relevance.

I do a lot of reading into conspiracy, metaphysical, and esoteric studies. That being said, much of the information here does not come as a shock to me. Yet I do believe anybody who may be questioning the legitimacy of the system and life in general should read this book.

It allowed me to see some things from different angles. It inspires radical ways of creative living. It supplied me with aspects of history and culture that I had not considered.

Overall it exercised and added to my ever growing and evolving consciousness. What more could I ask for?
on January 25, 2016
paper is a little yellow, but I think it works well.
on December 20, 2011
I had to read this for an ethics class. The first part of the book brings up some great issues in society but then juxtaposes any real solution with stupid little ways to obfuscate normal functioning society. The "solutions" are useless tactics diverging from tangible results to more that of a dead performance art movement. The writing at the beggining of the book is good and motivational and all but the meat of the book fails to deliver anything the title promises. For the record, I got an "A".
on April 10, 2015
The main thing I like about this book is it doesn't just spew around all the injustices of the world but gives you concrete actions you can take to change them. I think many people can agree with the main argument of this book, that America TM is bull and we need to do something about it. But how does one fight a mega million corporations ??? He actually TELLS you and I for one feel empowered now
on December 31, 2007
I read this book after a good review on-line. The Canadian author has real issues (as do I) with the way this country consumes useless junk and the way they are sold these items by the major manufactures. This book should be required reading by all high schoolers BEFORE they start smoking, and for sure by all shop happy people who do not know why buying stuff does not make their life complete.
on November 13, 2013
Explosive and right on target. This book will make you angry and test many of your preconceived beliefs about society and our way of life. Great book for anyone who questions the status quo,
on May 14, 2015
Kalle Lasn has a lot of good points. Beware he's rather intense and may drive some readers away. But like I said, he has a lot of good observations.
on February 15, 2013
The book arrived on time for my class(one week early), and so far it seems to be a very interesting book to read.
on September 13, 2016
Helped me pass my college course. Good information