- Paperback: 792 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 1 edition (May 31, 2002)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0764549421
- ISBN-13: 978-0764549427
- Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 1.7 x 9.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.5 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 3 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,209,960 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Curl Programming Bible 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the Inside Flap
Nikhil Damle is a Sun Certified Java Programmer and presently works as a consultant with Endymion Systems Inc. in Oakland, CA. He has worked with the Curl content language for over an year and was a winner in a programming contest held by Curl Corporation in June 2001. He has also worked as a video editor for a television company in Bombay. He enjoys woodworking and music when he is away from work. Nikhil has an M.S. in computer science from the Pune University, India.
Gary Gray realized after one too many late night debugging sessions that he enjoyed writing about software more than he did programming it. He switched away from computer science, and graduated from Worcester Polytechnic Institute with a degree in technical writing. Since then, he's been an editor of a technical journal, a webmaster, and an engineering technical writer. Currently, he is a technical writer at Curl Corporation, where he is the author of portions of the Developer's Guide as well as the designer and developer of the Surge plug-in's help system. Gary has been awarded both a Chapter Recognition and a Distinguished Chapter Service Award by Boston Chapter of the Society for Technical Communication for his leadership of the Internet Special Interest Group. When he's not working, he enjoys tinkering with (often antiquated) computers, cooking, reading, and designing book covers.
Bruce Mount is the CTO for Cambridge Venture Advisors (www.cvadvisors.com), a consulting firm that helps companies analyze and launch new Internet initiatives. Previously, he co-founded the Fitness Sports Network, was the VP of Technology for Electronic Press, and the Director of Product Development for PLS, an award-winning search engine firm (now part of AOL). In a prior life he spent nine years at NASA Goddard working on the ground software supporting the first 35 space shuttle missions and controlling space-based robots from Earth. Bruce loves elegance in computing and is very excited about the promise that Curl offers developers. You can reach him at BruceMount@aol.com.
From the Back Cover
"The Curl Programming Bible is the definitive guide for rapidly creating next-generation Web applications with rich content and extreme user interactivity."
-Thomas R. Stiling, President, Curl Corporation
* Master the hot new technology for client-side Web applications
* Build cutting-edge multimedia applets in the Surge Lab(TM) IDE
* Deploy rich media content that minimizes bandwidth demands
If Curl can do it, you can do it too . . .
First developed at MIT, the Curl(TM) content language is a next-generation programming language that makes it easy to build fast, rich media Web applications. Written by a team of Curl experts, this insider's guide shows you step by step how to start creating your own Curl applications in the Surge Lab(TM) Integrated Development Environment. Covering everything from language basics to user interfaces, multimedia, file handling, content deployment, and Web services, it delivers all the information you need to become a Curl pro.
Inside, you'll find complete coverage of Curl
* Get a handle on how Curl(TM) technology works and build your own applets
* Discover how to work with text, tables, backgrounds, and borders
* Delve into variables, program flow, procedures, classes, and error handling
* Create a dynamic user interface and work with buttons, lists, and menus
* Integrate 2D and 3D graphics, animations, and audio
* Explore the ins and outs of file handling, from remote file access to persistent data
* Get the lowdown on securing, packaging, and publishing Curl content
* Use Curl applications as the presentation layer for XML Web services
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Curl allows you to create applications that dramatically reduce the load on your server's CPU and bandwidth needs, while at the same time finally allowing web applications that have the same interactive user interface that you had before the web forced you into reading everything one page at a time. The book is accurate and includes many simple programs that allow you to use Curl right away.