Currie Technologies eZip 500 Electric Scooter
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Currie's most popular and versatile electric scooter; ideal for speedy neighborhood transportation, or simply having some fun cruising around
- DC earth magnet motor with 500 watts of power; EV-rated SLA type battery with plug-and-play design in nylon handled pack
- Exclusive Currie PWM smart power microprocessor controller; 24-volt, fully-potted with relay protection and battery gauge
- Top speed up to 18 MPH and eight-mile range, depending on rider weight and terrain; 56-pound weight and charge time of six to eight hours
- Includes limited 90-day manufacturer's warranty
|Special Shipping Information: This product may not be available for 1 or 2 day shipping due to federal regulations that require it to ship via ground ship methods only. This product can only be shipped within the 48 contiguous states.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
|Package Height||11.2 x 18.5 x 44.1 inches|
|Shipping Weight||68.2 pounds|
The Schwinn 500 electric scooter has folding handlebars and removable seat for easy storage. Comes with variable speed power system-auto shut off, relay protection and fuel gauge. Top speed up to 15 mph and 8 mile range. For ages 13 and up: not to exceed 240 lbs.
The E-500 electric scooter is Currie's most popular and versatile model, and is ideal for speedy neighborhood transportation, or simply having some fun cruising around the block.
A comfortable on/off seat kit helps boost comfort on long trips.
- Motor: DC earth magnet with 500 watts of power
- Battery: EV-rated SLA type, plug-and-play design in nylon handled pack; 24V10Ah 240Wh pack, consisting of two 12V10Ah valve-regulated, rechargeable cells
- Charge System: UL-listed Currie smart charger with LED status display
- Controller: Exclusive Currie PWM smart power microprocessor; 24-volt, fully-potted with relay protection and battery gauge
- Top Speed: Up to 15 MPH, depending on rider weight and terrain
- Range: Up to eight miles, depending on rider weight and terrain
- Drive: Patented Currie Electro-Drive chain drive system
- Brakes: Rear band with alloy motor inhibit lever
- Wheels: Currie exclusive five-spoke alloy wide mag wheels
- Tires: 12.5-inch Currie street slick tires with Tuff-Tire Technology; elastomer sub-tread reduces chances of flatting
- Handlebars: Exclusive Currie folding design
- Forks: Unicrown design with oversteering limit
- User Controls: Power on/off switch, easy access charger port in frame console; throttle with battery gauge
- Deck: Nonslip ABS resin with in-mold graphics and brand logo badge
- Frame: High-tensile steel, heavy-duty with one-piece steel tooled battery box and oversized head tube
- Seat: Easy on/off kit included
- Weight: 56 pounds
- Rider Age/Weight Limit: Recommended for ages 13 and up, rider not to exceed 180 pounds
- Battery Life: 200 cycles
- Charge Time: Six to eight hours
Currie Technologies eZip powered bicycles and scooters include a limited 90-day manufacturer's warranty against defects in materials and workmanship in the frame and components, with the exception of tires, inner tubes, and batteries.
About Currie Technologies
Currie Technologies makes hybrid and electric powered bicycles and scooters with patented Electro-Drive Technology, under the iZip and eZip brands. The company builds products that offer cost effective, emissions-free alternatives to other forms of transportation for commuting, sport, and recreation.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
My husband bought a bicycle carrier basket and installed it on my scooter which I use to transport my small dog around with us in the park. We have only used them for our two week vacation this year so I can't comment on any issues that might arise after prolonged use but they appear to be very well built and we didn't have any problem with the charge lasting.The scooters fold up and easily fit in one of the compartments under our motor home
My only complaint would be that we found the seats to be uncomfortable but my husband went to Walmart, purchased and installed bicycle seats that are considerably more comfortable.
I threw one scooter in the wagon, towed it up to the hotel parking lot with the other scooter, picked up a couple of friends and all their luggage. One friend drove the scooter and wagon loaded with their luggage, and the other rode behind me on the second scooter. While riding two on a scooter pushes the weight limit, for two normal-size women it's quite stable and comfortable. The passenger sits on the seat with feet firmly planted on the floorboard, and the driver stands to drive. It was quite comfortable and felt very safe. People and luggage all got safely down to the marina, a lifesaver in the sweltering 107 degree Texas summer heat! (Also used this technique to get the mechanic and his heavy toolbox down to the boat.)
While we didn't have the dogs with us on that trip, it does work nicely with two Australian Shepherds and a 10 pound poodle in the wagon. You'll need a short leash to keep them from jumping out when they shouldn't.