- File Size: 2042 KB
- Print Length: 422 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Twilight Times Books; First edition (July 5, 2013)
- Publication Date: July 5, 2013
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00DSUQL4I
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #100,719 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$24.95|
Save $21.96 (88%)
The Curse Giver Kindle Edition
|Length: 422 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $7.49 when you buy the Kindle book.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
* A mysterious curse to be solved to save lives.
* Determined characters who showed loyalty and grit in the face of long odds.
* An interesting world, that made sense with the story.
* Characters that weren't too behind the reader in following the development of the story.
* There were supporting role "good guys" who were really hard to like. They were pretty dense about, and unwarrentedly mean to, the female lead. One of them flipped from being a total jerk to being utterly devoted to her in a manner that seemed rather rushed. It was just strange.
* The romance felt forced and unjustified, given how the male/female leads interacted. I just couldn't care about it.
* The resolution to the curse, in my opinion, was unbelievably silly, pat, and hard to believe.
I think I stopped and read another book several times before I finally skipped about 20% of this book. Then, the last several chapters made me realize that I hadn't missed anything by skipping so many before them. Too bad, it could have been a goodbook if there'd been better character development. That might have made the solution to the curse more bearable.
If you enjoy epic fantasy with characters you can believe in and cheer for, this book is for you. Filled with intrigue, forbidden passion, doomed love and sizzling fight scenes, I only wish it was the first in a very long series!
Most recent customer reviews
That being said, I had a difficult time getting through it because, throughout the...Read more