- File Size: 260 KB
- Print Length: 154 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: May 4, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B071YWVR4Z
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #247 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
|Digital List Price:||$0.99|
Save $0.99 (100%)
The Curse of The House on Cypress Lane: Book 0- The Beginning Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
Adult English, including the occasional f-word. If this were a film, it would probably be rated PG 13.
Although this does have a cliffhanger ending, this is an easy-to-read plot-driven story that will satisfy many readers hunting for a good ghost story.
Q - Is this a book that I can read without having to read others first?
A – Yes.
Q – If this is a recurring character or a series, does it have a cliffhanger ending?
A – There is a cliffhanger ending.
Q - Are there a lot of typos/misspellings, grammatical errors or other editing failures?
A – Very few editing slip-ups.
Q - Is this a fast, easy read or is it more of a leisure read?
A – A fast, easy read.
Q - My biggest pleasure or disappointment?
A – The cliffhanger ending.
To give a feel for the editing, and the style and flow of this work, I am posting a brief excerpt below.
'...Sharon paused at the clearing’s edge. She gazed across the waist-high grass and reeds that stood straight and still like the house on the other side. She saw no movement, just the darkened windows of the house and the truck parked out front.
Looking at the structure now, she couldn’t see anything else but death. But inside, amongst the dead, were the keys to her freedom.
Sharon crouched low, using the tall grass and reeds for cover. After the first few steps on her toes she broke into a sprint, and the rush of air stung the bite marks on her arms. She aimed for the front door, and she leapt up the porch steps, then skidded to a stop.
The door was open, the path ahead dark. Heat and a foul stench radiated from that dark plane. She whimpered and twisted the ends of her fingertips like a nervous child...'
Excerpted from Chapter 1, The Curse of the House on Cypress Lane by James Hunt, locations 57 -- 64.
Engaging, suspenseful ghost story that would be more fulfilling if all three parts were available to read as a stand-alone novel.
Four stars out of five.
Comments regarding your opinion of this book or of my review, whether favorable or unfavorable, are always welcome. If you buy the book based on my review and become disappointed, especially, I do want to know that and I want to understand how I can improve as a book reviewer. Just please be polite.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Horror
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Horror > British
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Horror > Occult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Literary Fiction > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Crime Fiction > Kidnapping
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Police Procedurals
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense > Horror
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense > Occult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Occult > Ghosts & Haunted Houses