Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Cursive Handwriting Practice Workbook for Teens Paperback – September 14, 2013
"Rebound" by Kwame Alexander
Don't miss best-selling author Kwame Alexander's "Rebound," a new companion novel to his Newbery Award-winner, "The Crossover,"" illustrated with striking graphic novel panels. Pre-order today
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Author
JULIE HARPER WORKBOOKS
Which workbook is right for you?
Advanced Cursive Handwriting Practice Workbook for Teens
- smaller font, narrower lines
- not designed for tracing
- just a quick review of letters and words
- includes challenging exercises
- larger font, wider lines
- early chapters allow for tracing
- begins with letters, words, then phrases
- includes sentences, paragraphs, and rewriting print in cursive
- larger font, wider lines
- allows for tracing
- beginning practice with letters, words, and phrases
- Cursive Handwriting Workbook for Girls
- Cursive Handwriting Practice Workbook for Boys
- Cursive Handwriting Practice Workbook for Kids
- Wacky Sentences Handwriting Workbook
- Cursive Letter Blends (Perfect for Beginners)
- Butterfly Cursive Handwriting Practice Workbook
- Flower Cursive Handwriting Practice Workbook
- Save the Earth Cursive Handwriting Practice Workbook
- Cursive Handwriting for Math Lovers
- Friendship Cursive Handwriting Practice Workbook
- Spooky Cursive Handwriting Practice Workbook
- Silly Words Word Searches
- Reading Comprehension for Girls: 48 Fun Stories
- Wacky Stories: 10 Short Stories for Kids
- Also look for printing practice workbooks
If you buy a new print edition of this book (or purchased one in the past), you can buy the Kindle edition for only $0.99 (Save 75%). Print edition purchase must be sold by Amazon. Learn more.
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Take a look at the inside...it is a fair representation of the entire book. It gets progressively more difficult in that the phrases go from being traceable to untraceable to translation from printing to cursive; however, the phrases don't seem to get longer or more difficult. They are just that...phrases.
For my 11-year-old, I chose "Wacky Sentences Handwriting Workbook" for third and fourth grade, also by Julie Harper. I feel that book is more age-appropriate for a teen. It is mostly personal preference and, I can tell you, my 11-year-old would much rather she had this book than the wacky sentences book; however, only because the phrases are shorter and, she feels, would be less work for her.
Many otherwise competent students have a signature and basic handwriting skills so poor that a potential employer would likely discard their job application. As an former HR VP I know that this happens and often for good reason. Some banks will not accept a hand printed name as a signature on a loan document also for good reason. Additionally, nothing makes as impressive an impact as a handwritten note..... especially since email, messaging, twittering etc is so often misused.
I am not certain as to why or how we came to the conclusion in recent years that handwriting is no longer a necessary basic literacy skill. It is hopeful to see though that several states are reinstituting handwriting as a mandatory curriculum area. In my view, a responsible parent should work with their child using this book...... especially if the local school system does not provide effective instruction in basic handwriting.
Most recent customer reviews
It would be great to work with this.