Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Shop Popular Services Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 5,571 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 6,175 reviews
UPDATE: 8/24/2012 - I'm actually removing one star from my rating due to an issue that I have experienced using this hard shell case on my new MacBook Pro. Several other people have reported this issue to me as well. With this new tweaked design of the iPearl mCover, I have noticed that the two tabs on the bottom rear hard shell actually rub against the black plastic piece which is part of the assembly of the top cover of the MacBook Pro. When you slowly open the lid of your comptuer while looking at the tabs, you can clearly see them hitting the black piece as it slides into the case of the MacBook Pro. When the lid of the computer is opened or closed, the two tabs rub against the black piece of the top lid causing either a squeak or clicking sound. This by itself is more of a nuisance rather than a huge problem. However when you go into a quiet room or office meeting and open your MacBook Pro, you may hear this squeak or click. I have a previous version of this mCover and it has a slightly different tab design and that older model does not squeak or click. So I guess what I'm saying is that you may also experience this. But not everyone does. Seems to be a tolerance issue either with the hard shell itself or the MacBook Pro or both.

--------

This is the third iPearl mCover hard shell case that I have purchased. Previously I had purchased a black mCover as well as a blue one.

This case is the aqua color and it might be my favorite color so far. It is also nice to see that iPearl is still improving the already excellent mCover case.

The previous version of the case that I own has two large open areas on the bottom piece of the cover. These open areas leave a good portion of the bottom of the MacBook Pro exposed to potential scratching. The new design eliminates that potential issue by replacing the two open areas with a full width slotted design. This reduces greatly the possibility of something scratching the bottom side of your MacBook Pro.

Other improvements include longer rear feet which slightly increases the angle of the MacBook Pro when the feet are deployed. This makes for a more comfortable typing experience. The feet are a bit fragile however so you must use sensible caution when using the rear feet. The front pads had a tendency to catch on my nylon pack when transporting my MacBook Pro and they occasionally got pulled off the mCover case. I've had to stick them back on several times. I don't consider this to be a serious issue though as they are easily replaceable and using reasonable care should prevent them from falling off at all.

The mCover case is very light and does not add any bulk to the MacBook Pro that is worth mentioning. I like the color and also like that the backlit Apple logo shines brightly through the top case.

I've been very pleased with the protection that this case has given to my previous MacBook Pros and feel that the improvements in the mCover make this an even better value than before. Highly recommended.
review image review image
3737 comments| 172 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
UPDATE: 9/4/2012 - I have had several purchasers of this case let me know that their case fit their MacBook Pro very loosely. It was hard for me to believe because all three of my mCover cases fit snugly and perfectly. Then I had to get one of my bottom pieces replaced by iPearl and the piece they sent me was loose! It was so loose that the tabs on the front right and front left of the bottom case barely touched the sidews/top of the MacBook Pro. Now I see what the others were complaining about and it makes me wonder whether I was just lucky the first three times. So there may be a quality control issue going on with these cases now. It puts me in a difficult spot because I thought so highly of these cases and now I'm wondering if I can continue to rate them so highly. for now I am going to reduce my rating from 5 stars to 4 stars. I'll update my review again if need be.

What follows is my original review, before I became aware of the looseness issue that some people are reporting.

---------

I looked at a lot of cases for my MacBook Pro before choosing the iPearl mCover Hard Shell Case. It seems that the company has listened to all the issues that were apparently present in earlier incarnations of this case and have brought it to the level where it is today.

I love this case. It was super easy to install and is just as easy to remove from the MacBook Pro if you need to for any reason. Installation is a simple matter of placing the bottom cover on a table, grabbing your MacBook Pro and placing the back end of the MacBook into the case first, then slowly lower the front into the case and gently press the left and right corners of the MacBook down into the case until you hear the tabs "click" into place. Then ensure the back corners are secure. Next, just place the top part of the case over the MacBook lid and again simply push gently on all four corners until you hear the tabs click into place. That's it. In the video I mention clicking in the back corners of the case on the MacBook Pro, actually the clips on the back of the case are on the backside where the airvent is along the back edge of the MacBook Pro... that's why you tip the back of the MacBook Pro into the case first so that it catches those clips.

This version of the case has a matte finish which eliminates the issue of fingerprints and smudges while diminishing the appearance of any minor scratches on the plastic. The Apple logo just barely shines through the Black case but that's OK with me. I think the lighter colored cases would display the logo more brightly then the Black case did. Personal preference I guess. I like the Black case since the bezel around the LCD is black, it just seemed to compliment that.

The feet on the bottom case will raise the MacBook about a 1/2 inch which keeps the laptop cooler since air can circulate easily underneath the MacBook, and the bottom cover has lots of vent slots and cutouts to facilitate cooling as well..

It's a great case and a terrific bargain. I'm tempted to get another color in addition to the Black because I can afford to at this price and a little variety might be nice. I believe this hard shell case compares very favorably with cases that cost two to three times as much. And the company seems responsive and eager to please.

I read somewhere that someone was complaining about the slight "bowing" of the top piece so that it does not actually touch the MacBook case uniformly. It is true that the top piece of the hard shell case has a very slight bowing once it has been installed so that it is not touching the aluminum top in the middle where the Apple logo is. You can press down on the case where the logo area is and it will move down a few millimeters until it touches the aluminum. As far as I'm concerned, this is a non-issue. It does not affect my ability to carry my MacBook Pro in any way... it does not cause the top to pop-off the MacBook when pressed so it's nothing to be concerned about.

PROS:
Lightweight and fits MacBook Pro perfectly
Matte finish resists fingerprints really well
Retractable "feet" raise back of MacBook for easier typing position and to facilitate air-flow under MacBook Pro
Ports are all accessible, even Magsafe connector is unimpeded
Screen can be fully opened with no restriction caused by hard shell case.
Case is easy to remove if needed
The price is right!

CONS:
The foot pads may inadvertently get pried out if you're not careful putting this in and out of a bag or pack.
The back retractable feet are a bit fragile so be careful with them.
4646 comments| 228 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 14, 2011
It's a hard case for your MacBook. It does everything that a hard case for your MacBook should do. Easy to put on, and I haven't had any of the problems with the case blocking the power cable that a couple of other people have asked about.

The little feet to prop up the angle of the keyboard are nice.

Honestly, I read like 20 reviews of different cases before saying "screw it, this one is probably fine." I was right. Go for it.
22 comments| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2012
I had a real hard time deciding what to choose for a cover for my Macbook Pro. This by far was my smartest desicion ever. I chose this because what it offer and I was reading the other reviews and by God, this case is perfect. I love the color first off, I got a Pink color. Secondly, the covers snapped on easily. I actually messed up and snapped it on the opposite way so I was hard to take off, obviously because I put it on wrong. But once I took it off, I put it the right way and I instantly felt happy about it. I still do. It protects my Macbook from scratches and I feel safe to place my laptop on tables and such places (of course with a quick wipe down, to keep it clean). You wont regret it.
88 comments| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 22, 2011
When I finally decided to take the plunge and enter the Mac world, I wanted to protect my investment as much as possible. More than that, though, I really, really wanted my laptop to be blue! I have a custom-built desktop machine running windows 7, which I affectionately refer to as big blue; it's using the Apevia dreamer case with lots of pretty blue lights. Anyway, I digress. I did a lot of reading of reviews, and it sounded like this Ipearl macbook cover was the best option available, so I purchased it the same day I got my macbook Pro. Well, I couldn't be happier. The shell couldn't have been simpler to install, fits my macbook pro perfectly, and is a nearly perfect match for Big Blue. The little window on it's top lets the apple logo show through, and I was delighted to see that the logo shines with a pretty blue light thanks to this shell. The shell also has little vents on the bottom to help prevent the Macbook from getting too warm. The cover is very light-weight, and doesn't add much in the way of thickness or bulk to my Macbook; it still fits perfectly in an incase sleeve which I also purchased for additional protection. I am very, very careful with my new toy, but this case feels very stirdy and well-made, so I don't anticipate any problems. I'm just happy that this product enabled me to have the bluetiful laptop of my dreams. I've recommended these shells to other friends who have recently purchased macbooks, and they were also impressed by the quality of the IPearl shell.
Bottom line, if you want to protect your macbook and make it very pretty, you can't go wrong with this shell.
on August 19, 2011
Bought this purple mCover to replace a Speck brand cover that we were fed up with. The speck cover cracked at the corners to the point that it would not stay on well. We like this cover much better for several reasons. First, the plastic looks and feels more durable. Second, the cover was easy and intuitive to put on. Third, the cover is a matte finish so it doesn't look scratched after the first time it was carried in the backpack...like the speck cover did. And, fourth - can I say cool color? This mCover really makes the computer pop and we love to be chic!

We double checked the style number and features of the computer (we have a 13" MacBook Pro A1278 w/ Aluminum Unibody and black keyboard) and made sure we bought the cover that was specifically sold for that body style...and it fit like a glove. I saw multiple reviews commenting about fit and was a little concerned until it arrived, but I had absolutely NO reason to worry. This product is a great fit, with no extra space. I would highly recommend it.
on April 20, 2016
I've had this case for a couple months and, as I use my laptop for a significant portion of my day, every day, I feel I can provide a worthwhile review. Before this case, I owned a Speck brand hard shell that cracked on one corner so this was it's replacement. So far, it's construction is similar enough to not feel much different.

PROS: The color is as shown. The finish is semi-transparent and has a smooth, "soft" texture. It's also easy to put on and to remove. The little feet are surprisingly hardy. I go from a table to a bed with the little feet out and never once do I worry about them breaking off. They snap open and close very securely. I have a lap-fan to cool off my laptop but the little feet raising up the bottom do an adequate job when I don't want the lap-fan. I didn't think I'd like or even use the feature but, as it turns out, I also appreciate the tilt when I'm working because I can easily view and then press a few keys from a long reach instead of having to get close.

CON: Only one. There are some little plastic nubs on the bottom that prevent the case from sliding -- one came off a few days ago. They were glued on and, like most soft, plastic parts glued on to a hard, smooth plastic surface, the glue got gummy and the appendage was lost. In my case, I found it on my bed but I do not own a glue that will make the little thing stay on. It's only a matter of time before his buddy falls off too. I can't fault the manufacturer here -- it's a common issue and, honestly, I think I'll do okay without the little nubs. Right now, however, my case is sitting at a slight tilt.
on January 31, 2017
My favorite protective case for several reasons that put it above all the other manufacturers. I have been using iPearl mCovers for 7 years now. the built-in features put it at the top of my list. (a) the bottom cover has ventilation holes to keep my computer running cooler (unlike some of the others out there) (b) there are 2 little flip down feet that lift the bottom of the computer up at a slight angle and improve both cooling, and keyboard comfort. (c) they come in a large color range, but even better than many of the others out there, they have a slight texture (dimpling) so you don't lose your grip and drop your Mac or PC on the floor. my cover previous to this one from another company had a rubberized nonslip textured coating, but it starts to wear off and look bad. The Pros will speak for themselves when you purchase one of these, and the Cons are only one that I have found in seven years (1) you can break the little flip down feet if you're not careful, and they tend to break after 4 or 5 years of use. fortunately they are replaceable from the manufacturer.
on November 3, 2011
I ordered this for my MacBook Pro 13" (early 2011 model). My goal was simply to prevent scratching my laptop when sliding it in and out of my backpack on a daily basis.

PROS - nice color (Aqua), doesn't add any noticeable weight to laptop, and designed to hook on securely

(see update) CONS - there are 6 tabs that hold the bottom cover in place, 2 of which are located just below the hinge between laptop body and screen. Due to their angle, these 2 tabs scratch the hinge as you open and close the screen causing a noticeable squeaking sound.

Not sure if I just got a defective cover.

---UPDATE (12/25/2011)---
After the original review, I was quickly contacted and sent a replacement directly by iPearl. The original case was in fact defective

With the new case -
1) the 2 tabs no longer come into contact with the screen, therefore no scratching
2) (which i didn't even notice was missing on the original) there are supposed to be 2 rubber feet on the bottom cover that prevent unwanted sliding of the laptop

I've now been using this case for over a month now, and it has done a pretty good job protecting my laptop.
on April 13, 2016
I was surprised by this case. I ordered it as a "backup" in the event that I didn't like the Incase Hammered Hardshell I ordered at the same time. The Incase arrived cracked--not a good indication of it's protective ability. Conversely, the iPearl mCover arrived in pristine condition and I ended up loving it once it was on my computer. It has a frosted texture, two solidly attached clear rubber feet in the front, and two expandable legs in the back that I don't use. There are also two protective "bumps" in the back near the legs that protect the original rubber feet from falling off, as Apple's rubber feet oftentimes do.

I want to address some things mentioned by other reviewers. There are four distinct, smooth dots on the top. These almost unnoticeable dots serve a purpose: if you set the laptop on a table face down, the dots prevent the laptop from sitting directly on the table. I don't know if it is a design improvement, but this case does not appear to have the rectangle on the top mentioned in other reviews. Rather, it is one continuous surface, and it is all the frosted texture. The case allows for the lit Apple logo to shine through the top of the case, and I really appreciate how it looks.

The color is a teal blue. It is difficult to describe, but I'd say it is a translucent aqua with a slight teal tint to it, so that it isn't a true blue. I'd say perhaps you could call it "peacock blue." It is a beautiful color and I get countless compliments on this case. And for the price, I'm satisfied.

Note: it also came with a keyboard skin. I wasn't sure how well this would work, but it surprisingly clings right to the keyboard, and is effortless to remove and reapply for the purposes of cleaning.