YED MagazinestoInspire Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 STEM nav_sap_shop_all_hm_cal Shop now Book House Cleaning SneakyPete SneakyPete SneakyPete  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Go Explore Outdoor Recreation on Amazon NYNN

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 15 reviews(Verified Purchases). Show all reviews
on December 25, 2003
I've read all the top, 'usual suspect' sales books. Before reading CustomerCentric Selling, I was most impressed with Mastering the Complex Sale, by Jeff Thull. Mr. Thull has summarized current sales challenges in a very compelling and distinctive way. However Mike Bosworth demonstrates that he is the true thought-leader, the virtuoso in this field, and is most generous in providing a wealth of practical how to detail that isn't the case in Mr Thull's book.
I work with a multi-billion dollar revenue vendor serving the bio-tech industry. I will be taking immediate action to bring Mr. Bosworth's CustomerCentric Selling organization in to assist with our sales & marketing processes.
on May 20, 2010
Customer Centric Selling or CCS for short is an excellent sales methodology. It looks like the last version in a series of books that has been written in the last 15 years or so. It started with Solution Selling by some of the authors of CCS.
The book can be seen as a companion to the courses offered with the same name. The interesting thing is that most of what is essential in the course is in the book. One may think that the book is enough for you to go on and practice the method. This may work well for seasoned people. I would say that the book is a companion to the course, because some concepts are better explained in the book, on the other side the course provides a person with some role playing experience that will help in learning a new method.

The methodology behind this book is very logical. The key framework, that you have behind it, is to make the sales effort a project to help the customer follow a series of steps in a major decision process related to buying a product or solution to a business problem. The fact that the book has examples related to software products make it very useful if one is in this business. CCS is a methodology that also makes sense specially for consultants, who have to identify a problem, and guide the customer through a decision process that will result in the proper solution.
on December 13, 2012
I had to purchase this book as a onboarding process for a new job. At first I was a little skeptical but once I started to read it, I thought to myself , " Wow, this is good stuff."
It was great because as I finished the book and started a new position we started talking about and it all started to make sense.

This is an awesome read, and it has helped me close alot of business as a Sales Consultant for a Software Firm.

As the world changes we must continue to adapt with all the new social media and sales methods.

I stand by the customer centric approach and will recommend any sales professional to read it if you want to have an edge in the business.

Agian, get this book, if anything buy the kindle version for next to nothing and I promise it will increase your sales pipeline and help you close.

Best,

D
on March 10, 2010
This is a fantastic book on consultative selling methodology. I highly recommend it. You can't really read it as an independent sales person however and expect to achieve results. It is an "enterprise" sales methodology requiring a re-engineering of sales process and culture across marketing, sales and sales management. If these organizations can come together and implement the methodology consistently, I have no doubt that tremendous results can be obtained. If you are a "traditional" seller as defined by the authors (and proud of it), and you read this book, you will come away either transformed or disdainful. If you're one of the ones that comes away disdainful, please don't try to sell me anything.
on June 14, 2016
This book is very hard to read as it reads like a text book. Once you get into the first couple of chapters it does provide some very practical steps to help provide a good selling process. Some of the terms and graphs are hard to follow and may seem like busy work but I will definitely be making an attempt to get better as a salesman using the tricks. I would say this book only provides a software sale and does not do a good job with commoditized products. There is 1 chapter on products and services but not anything to sneeze over. Overall I did learn more than I expected.
on May 21, 2016
This book offers a sales process that is logical and extremely helpful for anyone more interested in helping a customer than closing a deal. I didn't think I could be a sales person, but after reading this book, I think I can follow the suggested process. I also have a sales coach, who recommended this book, who has been very helpful.
on February 4, 2016
Have read lots of sales books, this is at the top. Excellent focus on sales messaging. Really like the understanding shared about traditional selling methods and how to "compensate" for it or move on.
on February 21, 2011
As a sales trainer who prides himself on keeping up with best practices, this is by far one of the best books I've read in quite a while on how to sell, from a buyers perspective, in today's hyper-competitive market. Very well thought out and ladened with client-relationship insights and of course, some great sales nuggets. Nicely done!
on April 23, 2013
This book covers a solid sales method that can be used by anyone. With practice, discipline, and a handful of other variables, this method can assist a sales person and team with their success.
on July 19, 2013
A must-read for every sales professional in today's market. So much has changed in selling today and this book hits on what the seller needs to know now to remain competitive.