|Print List Price:||$15.99|
Save $13.00 (81%)
Cutlass Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
This month's Book With Buzz: "The Lying Game" by Ruth Ware
From the instant New York Times bestselling author of blockbuster thrillers "In a Dark, Dark Wood" and "The Woman in Cabin 10" comes Ruth Ware’s chilling new novel. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Sarina is out for revenge. She will avenge her father's death if it the last thing she does. Tremayne is out for treasure and he is searching for Mellick's gold. When the two cross paths I think the story is about to end before it gets started, but with a little trust and lots of honesty, the two may be able to with together to both get what they want!!
- “Very well. What are your demands?” Sarina inhaled deeply. “First of all, I sleep in the bed.” Jonathan snorted. “Now who’s being forward?”
- “Don’t test me, wench. You. Will. Lose.”
- “His life is the sea and all that rubbish. There’s no place for someone like me.”
- “If I knew it would get you to stop talking, I might have told you sooner.”
Sarina Talbot is determined to make the pirate captain Jonathan Tremayne pay for the murder of her father and the theft of his prized cutlass. In order to do so, she sneaks aboard his ship, disguised as a boy, and finds herself put to work as a cabin boy to the captain.
While in close proximity to each other, Sarina and Jonathan learn more about each other’s motivations, and the truth behind her father’s death. With the help of Jonathan’s first mateand an island native, they set out to confront a joint enemy and seek a long lost treasure. All the while, they deal with a traitor in their midst and being hunted by the Crown. Jonathan’s sister, a seer, helps them out as well, also providing Sarina with some female perspective.
I enjoyed the banter between Sarina and Jonathan very much. You can tell that they are well-matched, which annoys them both to no end. Sarina’s aversion to bloodshed and her creative solutions to this were also hilarious. And it was definitely adorable when she cross-dressed, much to Jonathan’s chagrin. The supporting characters are also well-rounded and bring more depth to the storyline. Yes, this is Sarina’s and Jonathan’s story, but the others play important parts as well.
The snippets of Mellick’s journal at the start of each chapter are a lovely touch, showing the treasure hunt from the original perspective and tying the chapters together. The epilogue is also very satisfying, hinting at the legacy of Sarina and Jonathan.
Although TM Franklin usually writes more supernatural young adult stories, she does a wonderful job at portraying this exciting adventure.
Most recent customer reviews
I read this story before it was published, and am just as in love with this version as I was with the...Read more
Sarina Talbot is on the Black Arrow, the ship of Captain One-Eyed Jack Tremaine, for a mission of revenge.Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Romance
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Sea Adventures
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Women's Adventure
- Books > Romance > Action & Adventure
- Books > Romance > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Sea Adventures
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Women's Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Historical Romance