Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

on August 18, 2017
A small-town girl trying to beat her past and a guy with a bright future in baseball shouldn't have stood a chance. But attraction's a funny thing. A long game of strategy and young love takes place on a mid-western college campus setting things up for what is to come.

I've read so many second chance romances that begin many years after the original love affair falls apart, but this story takes the reader there for all the close up, beautiful beginning and what came from it in this opposites attract from the opposite sides of the campus romance.

They are both young in many ways though Libby has had to grow up fast and hard leaving her jaded and distant while Aidan is the guy who can have any woman he wants with a promising future career as a star pitcher. I thought the author developed the characters and the story line well building to the fateful moments. The story focused more on Libby's backstory (which was necessary), but I do hope that Aidan's story gets some attention, too, further along in the series.

This story ends with things very unsettled, but it is meant to act as a set up for what is to come. I look forward to the tough-fought romance that I just know will be the result.
I'm not usually a fan of New Adult romance, but once in a while a story comes along that completely engages me anyway.
on July 22, 2017
Most stories written these days about the guy-athlete and the girl-intellectual is expected to be a story about crossing special barriers to challenge both characters to confront their prejudices, and become attracted to the humanity of the person outside their usual circle. This seems like a story that upholds the "there's a reason to stick to your own kind". Elizabeth and Aiden's story continues in at least one more book, but I don't think I want to hang out with these characters longer.

This is a story told mostly in narration. I was wincing the whole time because everyone kept telling Libby her story would have a sad ending because they were from different economic classes.
Elizabeth seemed pretty determined to not have a happy ending. Elizabeth never let Aiden know anything of her background, or what she was doing other than working (after a year of friendship) -- even though he thought of her as his closest friend...maybe because he's never really held a conversation with a female his age before?
on June 25, 2017
Just really well written. Gritty characters sketched out in dialogue and brief descriptions. Story of the girl pulling herself up by her bootstraps, sure of her worth and determined to stay on course. No deviation for anyone who values her less than full measure. The spoiled boy fritters his chance away.
on May 3, 2017
What a fabulous beginning to the series . A refreshing twist on a classic story . Can't wait to read the next one.
on April 28, 2017
The back and forth banter between the main characters kept me laughing through out this book. The storyline was nothing short of fantastic. It was real, honest, and at times necessarily brutal. I look forward to reading the rest of the series.
on November 27, 2016
It was short and lets he honest couldve been longer and book two shouldn't exist becauseit couldve been with the first one. With that being said, i liked it. It was great. Aiden loves libby but of course leaves her pregnant so he can live out his dream. I wish i would say i would read book two but im not sure if it is worth it.
on November 23, 2016
Libby is a local (aka cutter) attending college and focusing on her future plans. Aidan is a classic "rich boy" jock attending the same college. After meeting one night, Aidan is immediately attracted but Libby tries to keep her distance. Despite her attempts to get him to go away, Aidan won't go away and Libby soon finds herself fighting her own attraction. Can these two find love without losing their dreams? I love the character depth and story line development that is present in every book I read by this author! I am very much looking forward to reading the next book in this series!
on November 8, 2016
Great start to a new series! Libby and Aidan were great characters! I loved their interactions with them being friends but also flirty. Both having drawn a line that they don't want to cross. I couldn't wait to see where their story would end and can't wait to read more.
on October 28, 2016
This book was gifted to me. This is a very different kind of story. There's no great passion or romance, just a dumb jock who isn't a good guy, or a bad boy, and a girl trying to get to law school. He won't push her her into anything, she won't risk getting away from her past. Until they finally have a one night stand. What happens after that is typical life. I wouldn't recommend reading this unless you have book 2 ready to read, because this does not have a HEA ending.
on October 26, 2016
This was such an unexpected but great surprise. I'm not a fan of cliffhangers which means I'm finishing this review and buying the full length novel.
Libby's past is enough to explain her actions so I always understood her side. The author did great at explaining the attraction "Bandaid" felt for Libby, I have to say there were times I didn't like him but he felt real enough to intrigue me and root for him...really great novel and can't wait to one click the full length book!