- Brand Name: Cy-Fi
- Model Number: KB472
- Color: Black
Cy-Fi Wireless Sports Speaker for iPod (Black)
- Cy-Fi Wireless Sports Speaker for iPod; Black; Use CyFi with your iPod
- No Wires! Small Adapter for your iPod allows Wireless music play to the Speaker
- Remote Controlled- Change the track, volume and playlist settings from your speaker
- Mountable -Easily mount CyFi on your bike, boat, backpack, etc., with the provided hardware
- Battery Life- Over 5.5 hours; Wireless Range- 30 feet Lightweight- less than 4 ounces
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Most problems should be solvable with the info in the woot.com forum archive here: […]
my experience follows
Out of the packaging, I ended up charging the device for some 2-3 hours as depicted in the instructions, but I was not able to get the transmitter and speaker to connect even though both lights were flashing. The instructions are somewhat undetailed, but the device should connect if you try the multiple device connection method in the manual. Hold the multiuse button on the speaker for 10 seconds till flashing quickly, then press the button/light on the transmitter for 5 seconds till it is also flashing quickly. I was quite relieved when I realized the instructions were at fault, not the hardware itself.
tl;dr press all buttons for a long time to make this device work
- This was because I had to 'reset' the little transmitter- but there are no visible buttons! Finally I realized by digging thru the manual that the tiny indicator light on it is also a (hard to press) button. Fiddled with pressing that and it eventually reconnected.
- The speaker looks cool; compact and slick. But the buttons are also hard to press, and the main/power button is basically disguised as a 'cy-fi' logo. I.e. the logo is the mode indicator light AND button, but when you're pressing it you can't see what color the light is.
- The USB charging slot is covered by a tiny recessed rubber flap that is a pain in the ass to remove. Bah!
- In the product pics it looks like this comes with a few sizes of bike mounting rings; not so. Only came with one (the bigger one). But does have various rubber spacer strips to try. And no charging base- just a USB cord (not that I care about that).
- Speaker volume is decent. Kind of exactly what you'd expect for a little speaker like this. Should be fine for my commute through lower Manhattan and into Brooklyn.
- Pause/Play, Skip, and Volume controls work fine.
The bad: The mounting setup is questionable at best. They try to make it so you can mount this on a skinny handlebar stem or a big, fat crosstube. They would have done better to include a couple different mounting brackets instead just including different pieces of rubber to fill the gap. It never feels completely stable, but has not fallen.
The ugly: Instructions for setup are more complex than need be and may give you the impression that it's not working at first. Here is what you need to actually do:
First just try the plug and play method. If they don't automatically start talking to one another, the blue LED on the transmitter (the one you plug in your ipod) is also a reset button. Press it and hold it until you see it react, then sync the speaker to it like you were just adding on another speaker.
edit..WARNING!!! I sent back to Seller and they have not refunded me or replaced the speaker. I keep getting an auto generated email response each time I email them. I CAN'T SEEM TO GET AN ANSWER FROM DIRECT DISTRIBUTORS SINCE MARCH 9, 2012. I'VE GOTTEN THIS GENERIC RESPONSE TWICE. SERIOUSLY, IT TAKES YOU OVER 3 MONTHS TO PROCESS MY CREDIT OR EXCHANGE??
Returns are processed on a first come first serve basis. Once our RMA department gets to your package you will be notified and refunded or an exchange will be sent out to you.
Thank you for your patience.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Love this speaker great on long bike rides keeps me motivated! It also is a head turner everyone wants to ride with me! I always get hey who is the guy with the music? Read morePublished 14 months ago by samuel fessler
I bought mine on woot.com 3 years ago for 30 bucks and it worked great. However, if you're riding in a group/bike gang, it's likely you'll be the only one who can hear the music. Read morePublished on January 14, 2014 by Kyle Parker
Every time I'm ready to use it on a ride, it's dead.
The attachment plugs into the iPod but doesn't stay in well. Read more
When I first got the speaker I was extremely impressed. I got it on sale for about $30 and if it ever goes to that price again i will recommend it but I would never pay the high... Read morePublished on July 16, 2012 by summergirl0307
The speaker itself worked perfectly, the buttons were relatively user friendly, and the sound quality was great. Unfortunately, its accompanying components were quite awful. Read morePublished on July 8, 2012 by antonio c.
I love this product, but I can only recommend the Bluetooth version. I believe they are discontinued which caused me to make some repairs and I bought this one thinking it was a... Read morePublished on June 21, 2012 by Bp
I had to return because it would not connect via bluetooth as advertised. I have seen a friend successfully use the speaker on his bike, so I know it works. Read morePublished on June 2, 2012 by Tom
Ok I just got my speaker yesterday and right away began to charge the device, It charged for about 3 hours but I wasn't able to sync it to my iPod. Read morePublished on May 24, 2012 by Diana Girl
I have an earlier version of this product and have loved it for few years. It has lasted through a couple of bike crashes. Read morePublished on April 26, 2012 by Jodygofast