Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Cyber Acoustics 2.1 Powered Speaker System with Subwoofer and Control Pod Delivering Quality Audio (CA-3080)
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

on March 22, 2006
I was an audio nut long before I was a computer nut and am rather particular about sound. I bought these speakers as a gift for a friend and set them up for her with her computer. At the price, I figured that they would be speakers that would "get her by" so that she could hear what was going on with her computer.

After the speakers were set up, I turned on some music through her onboard sound. I found the speakers to be quite a bit more than expected. They had crisp, clean highs that rival that of my more expensive Yamaha computer speakers. And the subwoofer produces a warm, tight bass that hangs in there even with the deep thump of todays music.

Though I'm a novice at audio equipment set up, I believe that I'd be safe to say that hooking these up would be easy for anyone. Everything is clearly marked.

These speakers have been being used for 3-4 weeks now, and there have been no issues. I would highly recommend these speakers, especially at their price.

One last note, I have been able to personally compare these speakers to, as previously mentioned, Yamaha computer speakers and Creative Sound Labs speakers as well. My opinion is that these sound the best.
55 comments| 231 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 9, 2005
I see that a few people have whined and moaned about the sound quality of these sub-$30 speakers.

I dunno. Maybe these same people pitch a fit when their .99 cheesburger isn't as good as the $10 they can have in a real restaurant.

The bottom line is that price is the ultimate consideration here. I purchased these speakers primarily to use for mp3's before I burn them in order to conserve HDD space. At apartment-style noise levels, these speakers provide reasonably crisp detail and enough bass to let you know that it's there. If the bass sounds cloudy, or 'muddy,' either turn it down using your EQ or the straight-shooting knob on the speaker itself- or, spend more money on a sophisticated set designed for self-proclaimed audiophiles.

I happened to be in Radio Shack grabbing some cables for my real stereo and happened upon these for $29. They look sleek on either side of my laptop, are a cinch to connect, and, with said tweaks, they sound very, very good for THIRTY DOLLARS! To a less discerning audience, they can fill in for an actual stereo system. For my uses - and I'm assuming the use of anyone unwilling to spend more than a few dollars for speakers - this unit goes above and beyond the price point.

What's truly sad is that I'm bored enough to have written this... :)
33 comments| 152 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 8, 2011
I bought this set, and the larger CA3602, recently. This speaker set is perfect for the small desktop or small room. Because the speakers don't have control knobs on them, they take up less space on the desktop. The sub and speakers are ample loud for watching movies, listening to music or podcasts. The hockey-puck controller is a great design - it includes volume and on/off, as well as a jack for headphones (also controlled by the volume on the puck), and ipod aux input (the cord IS included and you can listen without the computer on). The sound is very good - considering it's only $30 - these are a real bargain. I think the CA3602 is an even better bang for the buck. The twin drivers of the CA3602 satellites are rated 6 watts to the CA3090's 2.5 watts single speaker satellites, the subwoofer is 18 watts, to the CA3090 at 5 watts. It makes a difference - the CA3602 set is much louder, better for a dorm room or inexpensive ($38) home theater - for the price you cannot go wrong with these great sounding speakers. The sub woofer volume control is also moved to the hockey puck controller on the CA3602, making it even more versatile, unobtrusive and simple to use. These have everything you need for great sound at your computer, but the CA3602 set will give you more power. Either way, a real bargain.
33 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 27, 2006
I've owned this speaker set for 2 years of extensive use and it finally gave up on me. It out performed my old Yamaha 2.0 and Altec Lansing 2.1 sets, while priced at fractions of their prices.

Pro:

Great sound, crisp high, mid & low are present, enough to rock your gaming and personal movie-in-a-pc sessions. Slick design with cool blue light accents on both satellite speakers. Full control with power on/off, volume & bass gain. Very affordable.

Con:

Vulnerable to cell phone signal interference. Could use deeper bass.
on September 11, 2010
They might sound bad to me because I am used to Audiophile headphones. But they don't sound terrible. Nice clean highs, but the bass is a little muddy. Maybe it will clear up in time as they burn in, but for the price... I especially like the volume control and headphone input. It works excellent and matches my system. But these speakers are great for the price. If I spent 100 on them I would be mad with the sound quality, but for less than 30, they are excellent. I just picked up a new pair of speakers which sound way better than these and they were cheaper too. Check out my other reviews on which speakers I got. These will be sitting in my closet for a backup pair, not worth sending them back.
review image review image review image review image
on July 3, 2005
I was looking for big sound with a very small price tag to fit in a small space and I found it! I am very fussy about sound but knew I didn't have the wallet at the moment to match. But since my very old speakers crapped out, adequate speakers would be better than no music at all. THis system came as a very welcome surprise. The sound is crisp. Subwoofer provides a reasonable amount of bass (you won't get floor thumping out of it) and is not too big for the shelf it needs to fit on. It gets quite a range of sound for the price. And it produces fairly big sound -- not at all that tinny compressed sound of cheap PC speakers. I expected maybe one step up given the price tag but got so much more. If you are on a budget, this is the way to go.

One word of caution from the box -- the subwoofer is not shielded so you have to be careful where you place in relation to your computer!
on March 8, 2005
First of all, for less than $30, you're not going to find much better than these speakers. Secondly, for less than $30, you shouldn't be expecting Bose quality sound. There IS a reason that these are so inexpensive.

Fact is, these speakers more than do the job for good sound on a very reasonable budget. There IS a bass control, so you can dial that up or down as much as you want. Not really sure why some of these reviewers can't seem to find it. It's there on the right speaker.

And, if you have a program or sound card that offer a graphic EQ you can tweak the sound until you're satisfied. Not enough midrange? Well then pump it up on the graphic EQ. Too much high end? Well then dial it down. They do sound a bit tinny out of the box, but that's entirely correctable with a little EQ adjustments.

I use it at work, just listening to mp3's and gotta say that it sounds pretty darn nice. Took a little bit of tweaking, but they are just fine. Sure you could step up to the Creative T-3000 for $50. They are awesome, but $20 is $20. If you want a decent set of speakers for cheap, these will work.
on July 19, 2013
This system has good clarity. It gets loud enough to fill a room. The sub woofer is small but packs a nice punch. Hits all the lows in a rap song that u would want it too. It doesn't shake things, but I can hear it when I'm downstairs. Over all it gets more than loud enough and the highs are very clear.I had the Eagle Arion system that I bought on here. But The only awesome part of that system was how loud it got. But The sub went out on me after 7 months. So I needed a quick fix, and The Cyber Acoustic Ca - 3090 was cheap and had already many good reviews. I'm pleased with it for the first month of having it. I love listening to mp3s off my phone. But it was only a quick fix and knowing me cause I love heavy bass. I'll probably upgrade. But for the money this thing is more than awesome. And if you don't have a lot of money, but u need a set for your computer or mp3 player this 2.1 system will impress u.

It is small but is very nice looking. The design is very pleasing to the eye. The volume control is pretty smooth with the blue light. As I said it has 18 watts power, but it gets pretty loud. It is not the loudest but very clear. Its sounds really nice. So I would give it a chance like I said if your low on cash...

I like it a lot the 4 stars is because I'm big on bass, but if you like highs give this thing a shot. The bass isn't horrible I just love heavy bass cause I listen to metal and rap....
on April 26, 2005
I just got this set, and I am very pleased. First of all, they look sharp. Also, the picture on this site is not totally correct: The right speaker has an on/off button, a volume control, AND a bass control for the sub! This is INCREDIBLY convenient! As far as sound goes, this is not a Bose set, but it is FAR better than my standard speakers that came with my Gateway! The sound is very well balanced, especially with the bass control. There is no distortion, no clicking, no humming. This set is great, easy to use, and great looking. Definitely worth $26!
on January 18, 2005
I have have already exchanged these speakers once, and i am going to return them again. They sound good when you first turn them on, but as time goes on, they start to crackle, pop, and make windy sounds. This continued even when they were disconnected from the computer. I do not reccomend these.
44 comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse