Truck Season Automotive Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now TG18PP_gno

on February 18, 2017
I purchased this headset for Rosetta Stone, which does not work with the built-in microphone in my laptop. The audio is loud and clear and I haven't had any issues with the microphone. The headset expands like most over-the-head headphone by lengthening the total length of the band. At the smallest setting it is a little too large for my head (I'm an adult and wear a small bike helmet, for comparison) but not so large that it is distracting or falls off. The entire headset is plastic and feels somewhat delicate but I have not had any issues with it. Be aware, though, that this headset attaches to the computer using separate headphone (pink) and microphone (green) jacks, not a USB port. After receiving it I realized my computer has a single audio jack so I had to buy a USB-to-audio adapter as well.
11 people found this helpful
on August 18, 2016
Worked great for the first 2 months!

They felt nice on the ears, they sounded good when they worked, they voice quality of the mic was great.

Was careful with them and paid close attention to not stressing the wire or the jack. However after about 2 months the audio started cutting in and out and you had the play with the plug/wire connection to get it to work, steadily got worse.

Maybe I just got unlucky with my plug/wire on mine, if that hadn't broke in 2 months I would have given these 5 stars.
9 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on December 10, 2017
For a full headset under $10, these are fantastic! I have a laptop and move around a lot, so I don't treat my headphones especially gently. This pair has fallen repeatedly, been yanked around, and had the microphone extension bent all kinds of wrong ways, but it still works fine! It's even survived cats chewing on the cord, but I did tape those parts so the wires weren't exposed.

Sure, it's basic, but it's also light and comfortable to wear for long periods. The parts that go over your ears are easy to clean and the sound quality is very nice. The mic isn't amazing (s-sounds aren't as crisp as they could be; p's tend to pop), but it's better than several more expensive headsets I've used in the past.

Overall I'm very happy and I would purchase these again!
4 people found this helpful
on November 19, 2017
The microphone doesn't seem to work and from reading the answer and question section there are quite a few mentions of an adapter coming with this when there isn't one. If the questions and answer apply to a model other than the one I'm looking it, they shouldn't be included. On the bright side, the headphones work fine, except I needed the microphone, not the headphones, so this was a waste of money.
3 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on November 13, 2017
I bought this headset for my online teaching job. I've been using them for over a month now, and they are fantastic. No frills or mute option, but this is a perfectly basic headset. It is very comfortable for me to wear for a few hours at a time. I love that the microphone is flexible and can be turned according to preference. I'm very happy with my purchase!
2 people found this helpful
on February 28, 2018
I might consider giving it a 5 due to the cost.

The problems with it are minor. The mic is too short. It does work though. The speakers are small and barely cover the ears.

The pros are it is very inexpensive. If it breaks soon I have not invested much into it. The cord is a reasonable length. So many cheap ones have a really short cord. In my case, I did not want a USB type device. I wanted to use the front panel 3.5mm ports.

So far I am satisfied with it. I am using it for web based conference calls when I don't want to call in. It is easy to use this headset as an IP based
"call in" method.
on August 18, 2017
Barely usable. The picture would lead you to believe it'd fit comfortably over your ears and the mic extends at least to your mouth. It's only comfortable if you wear them backwards, but then you can't use the mic. The mic barely picks up sound unless you hold it directly to your mouth, which you can't do unless you take the headset off and hold it instead. It's better to buy a cheap freestanding mic or a gaming headset. Also, it's the kind you have to plug into the back of a computer so it won't work if you need it for a laptop.
2 people found this helpful
on February 2, 2012
I bought this headset a little over 3 years ago. It was one of the cheapest ones I looked at and had decent reviews. It was exactly what I was looking for to use for gaming. The build quality is actually pretty decent for a headset this cheap. The plastic parts feel solid enough, the ear pads are comfortable and have held together completely, with no tears or stitching coming apart. It adjusts for different head sizes. The wind shield is kind of falling apart after 3 years, but it's not even really necessary for indoor use. The audio quality has always been very good. My only complaint at all is that a couple days ago the wiring for the right speaker started to come loose (not visibly though) and now the audio cuts out if I tilt my head at all. I think $4/year is a fine price though, so I ordered another one from Amazon yesterday.

EDIT:
I don't know why, but they changed the design of this headset since the last one I bought and it's now really uncomfortable to wear. It's too tight on my ears, which hurts, and it hurts the top of my head as well. The build quality also feels cheaper. They function fine, although the audio balance sounds like it could use more treble, but I wore them for about 45 min and then had to take them off. I will be returning them. This company makes about 10 other similar headsets, but I don't think I'll risk trying another.

EDIT:

My opinion of this particular product has not changed, however I am very impressed with Cyber Acoustics customer service. I sent them an email asking about the change in design to the headset. They confirmed that there was a change, but did not say why they changed it. They did, however, immediately offer to send me one of the old designs for free if they had any left in their warehouse, which they later confirmed they did. I have been using this new headset for over three months now and I am very satisfied with it. When it eventually breaks I will probably buy another model from Cyber Acoustics.
3 people found this helpful
on May 15, 2018
Unfortunately I didn't read the description well enough. I was looking for a cheap headset for my son for his PS4. Unfortunately, this will not work. It has 2 plugs, made for a computer, not one plug that the PS4 needs.
One person found this helpful
on July 9, 2017
it worked great once I bought the ENVEL 3.5mm Jack Cable Headset Adapter Kit to go with it. My laptop didn't have a mic in jack...so the headset wouldn't work properly without the adapter. Make sure you have a place for 2 jacks, mic and headset. or buy the adapter to go with this one.
One person found this helpful