Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning _fab _fab _fab  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 736 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 838 reviews
on November 16, 2006
I ordered two of these headsets for use by my wife and myself while playing World of Warcraft on our PCs. We had just recently gotten voice chat via Ventrilo set up and working, and we wanted to upgrade to headsets to replace our basic speakers-and-desktop-mic setup.

Both headsets worked great right out of the box. The sound output quality is fine, both for the voice chat and the Warcraft game sounds and music. Our teammates reported that the microphone sound quality was fine as well.

The headset earpieces are small, but include some cushioning. (They definitely fit "on" the ear, not "around" the ear.) I had some ear discomfort after wearing the headset for over an hour, but it was very slight -- definitely mild enough not to be a distraction. Adjusting the earpieces forward a bit on my head (so they didn't rest directly on my ears as much) helped.

The headband is adjustable to fit various head sizes. Both my wife (5'6" with a normal head size) and myself (6'3" with a large head size) were able to adjust our headset to have it fit comfortably.

The end of the microphone is slightly "bendy," and thus the microphone's position can be fine-tuned as desired. The entire microphone stalk can also be swiveled up to be parallel to the headset's headband, to move it up and out of the way.

The hardware interface (at the end of the cord) is two standard sound plugs (that will fit standard PC sound cards) -- one for the sound output jack, and one for the microphone jack. The cord itself is a nice length, plenty long enough to plug into a PC sitting on the floor under a desk and reach the head of the user sitting on a chair at the desk.

I'm sure there are better headsets out there, but I'd say that this is an excellent headset for the price for anyone looking for an entry-level headset.
33 comments| 187 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 21, 2016
I have been very impressed with my headset so far. I purchased this headset off of a recommendation from a company I was working with online. I needed a headset that had a good microphone. This headset has done a great job. Sometimes I need to record myself talking on my computer for a variety of work projects. I have found that the microphone that is built into my computer is not very responsive. When I talk into the headset, I do not have to talk as loud. In addition, it seems to block out background noise. This product would be great for any type of administrative assistant who spends a lot of time on the computer or telephone. I have used it a few times with my computer, but I have found another surprising use for it. Hands free cell phone talking while driving! This has become my primary use for the headset. I often connect the device to the audio port on my Iphone while I drive. It has been very useful to be able to talk on the phone safely while driving. The audio quality is great and I feel as if the person I am talking with on the phone can hear me even better than when I just talk directly into my cell phone. I have found that this product also works well plugged into my computer. This product is a great buy for the price and I highly recommend it! This headset really is a must have for hands free cell phone talking while driving!
on May 26, 2016
This is really a great headphone . It feels really good on your ears and the sound quality is really good . they are light weight . the cord has enough room . the mic is moveable so it can be up or down . I would buy this product again . love love love .

I had to buy a second headset since this review cause my dog ate my cords. I was really upset. I started looking for another set and then I got to thinking . I was really happy with this headset and why would I buy another . This headset has not ever failed me and my job requires a headset so it has to be good and clear. Its great to know when you can depend on a product and lasting a long time . don't let your dog get it. I can not say enough on how good this headset has been. I wear this headset for 8 hours a day and they are worth every penny.
review image review image
on March 27, 2017
This review may help some prospective buyers understand some of the upsides and downsides of this unit.

Upsides: (1) This headset is very inexpensive compared to others on the market, so it doesn't beat up your wallet badly. (2) When used with my laptop computer, it works great: the sound from the headphones is quite good compared to a landline and sometimes better/worse than a cell phone connection, which often depends on the cell system and setup. (3) If you have a single connector coming out of your computer, cell phone, tablet or whatever device you're going to be using the headset with, it's just fine. (4) The connectors all have reasonable-looking stress reliefs on the cables, so they shouldn't be too fragile.

Downsides: (1) When used with my cell phone -- an LG Tracfone, admittedly not particularly high end, but perfectly functional for day-to-day use -- the sound from the headphones was good, but people who I talked to said that my voice sounded very tinny, similar to what you'd expect in a military aircraft or vehicle intercom - probably an impedance or preamp issue between the phone circuit and the microphone in the headset. (2) If you were playing video games and/or demand super sound performance, these are definitely not for you -- they're inexpensive, functional headphones, not a set of Bose or Sennheiser wonderphones. (3) If you have a double connector coming out of your computer, cell phone, tablet or whatever device you're going to be using the headset with, you'll have to use the included cable splitter -- not a big deal, since it comes with the headset and it's free, but it's another thing to clutter up your workspace.

I've only been using the headset for a few days, and essentially all my usage has been for Skype phone calls with my Lenovo laptop. I purchased a right angle cable extender (with 8" cable) to allow me to plug in/out the headset without overworking the 3.5 mm single connector on my laptop -- I figured it would be a lot less hassle in the event of a future busted jack to replace the extender than it would be to deal with a broken connector on the motherboard... which can happen if you plug in/out more than a few thousand times.

Overall, it seems like a very good buy -- now we'll have to see how long the headset lasts under the few-times daily use that I'll put it to.
on August 18, 2016
Worked great for the first 2 months!

They felt nice on the ears, they sounded good when they worked, they voice quality of the mic was great.

Was careful with them and paid close attention to not stressing the wire or the jack. However after about 2 months the audio started cutting in and out and you had the play with the plug/wire connection to get it to work, steadily got worse.

Maybe I just got unlucky with my plug/wire on mine, if that hadn't broke in 2 months I would have given these 5 stars.
on June 14, 2007
As executive director of a non-profit who uses Skype, I needed a headset that would allow me to work from my home office during part of the week without reducing call quality. As soon as I began using these headphones, I began to receive compliments on the audio quality of my calls. These headphones facilitate crisp, clear calls that give the impression of being in the same room as the caller. The flexible microphone is sturdy and can be bent to desired angles without appearing to weaken at all. Previous flexible microphones I have purchased seemed to weaken each time I bent them, so this is a significant improvement. The headset is solid and preserves privacy. I am able to do confidential advocacy with this headset without someone a foot away hearing the other end of the conversation. I am rough on my equipment and this headset continues to provide the same exceptional quality performance after over a month of heavy daily usage. This product reduces neckstrain and allows me to work on my computer with both hands while remaining available to callers. I recommend this product without reservation.
These are great headphones if you plan on wearing them for an hour or less but after that I can feel my ear lobes throbbing and an uncomfortable pressure on my ears. The sound quality is excellent. You can position the microphone anywhere by bending or twisting it. You can also adjust the height but you can not adjust the width. I believe this is the reason they started hurting after a while. Don't get me wrong I like the headset, it is worth what I paid. This are perfect for what I purchased them for - chatting via webcam. If you are looking for a extremely comfortable long wearing headset you may want to spend a bit more.
on April 22, 2016
This headset is great! I had purchased a few at Office Max for 3 ties the price. My company uses these on Ipads to perform phone banking. The headsets are comfortable and light and have a good sound quality. I have also used it on my phone and pc and have had no issues with these whatsoever. Overall great headsets, wish I would have found them on Amazon instead of paying what we paid previously.
on March 22, 2017
Sound coming in is great. Sound going out via microphone sounds awful. Using this on a Samsung Galaxy S5. Left a reference voice message using the headset and then without. Message with headphone is barely intelligible.
on March 30, 2017
I was pleasantly surprised to find this was more sturdy than I expected. I anticipate that it will last longer than the one I had previously and the price for this one was WAY BETTER!