Hill Climb Racing 2 Vehicles Review HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

on November 13, 2017
I bought this headset for my online teaching job. I've been using them for over a month now, and they are fantastic. No frills or mute option, but this is a perfectly basic headset. It is very comfortable for me to wear for a few hours at a time. I love that the microphone is flexible and can be turned according to preference. I'm very happy with my purchase!
on January 3, 2018
These work well. They are high quality. However they are annoying because they have two aux cords and I only have one aux spot on my computer. I use them for video chat english classes and they seem to transmit sound clearly again it is just the matter of two cords.
on July 9, 2017
it worked great once I bought the ENVEL 3.5mm Jack Cable Headset Adapter Kit to go with it. My laptop didn't have a mic in jack...so the headset wouldn't work properly without the adapter. Make sure you have a place for 2 jacks, mic and headset. or buy the adapter to go with this one.
on February 2, 2012
I bought this headset a little over 3 years ago. It was one of the cheapest ones I looked at and had decent reviews. It was exactly what I was looking for to use for gaming. The build quality is actually pretty decent for a headset this cheap. The plastic parts feel solid enough, the ear pads are comfortable and have held together completely, with no tears or stitching coming apart. It adjusts for different head sizes. The wind shield is kind of falling apart after 3 years, but it's not even really necessary for indoor use. The audio quality has always been very good. My only complaint at all is that a couple days ago the wiring for the right speaker started to come loose (not visibly though) and now the audio cuts out if I tilt my head at all. I think $4/year is a fine price though, so I ordered another one from Amazon yesterday.

EDIT:
I don't know why, but they changed the design of this headset since the last one I bought and it's now really uncomfortable to wear. It's too tight on my ears, which hurts, and it hurts the top of my head as well. The build quality also feels cheaper. They function fine, although the audio balance sounds like it could use more treble, but I wore them for about 45 min and then had to take them off. I will be returning them. This company makes about 10 other similar headsets, but I don't think I'll risk trying another.

EDIT:

My opinion of this particular product has not changed, however I am very impressed with Cyber Acoustics customer service. I sent them an email asking about the change in design to the headset. They confirmed that there was a change, but did not say why they changed it. They did, however, immediately offer to send me one of the old designs for free if they had any left in their warehouse, which they later confirmed they did. I have been using this new headset for over three months now and I am very satisfied with it. When it eventually breaks I will probably buy another model from Cyber Acoustics.
on September 14, 2012
I Purchased this microphone for speech recognition and am now using it with Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12. the accuracy is very good. The microphone failed the Dragon test for quality, but that did not seem to affect its recognition accuracy which is excellent. But be advised it is not as accurate as a higher-end microphone for noisy environments. If you want a cheap solution to good voice recognition accuracy, you will not go wrong with this microphone. Obviously, I cannot tell you about its longevity but so far so good. One tip, do the quick training for this microphone and look closely at what Dragon advises concerning the key elements of voice recognition accuracy. In short, practice clear enunciation as if you were a news announcer. The myth of talking as you normally would is not quite accurate since people tend to slur words but they are still recognized by others. As Dragon says, that is not the case with a voice recognition program which simply has no common sense. I strongly advise training Dragon for about five minutes and taking care with your enunciation. If you do that this microphone will serve you well, and at an excellent price.
on June 2, 2015
PRO's:
Package was delivered on time and un-damaged. I love these little headsets. I've bought about five or six of them over the years. I use them for Skype mostly, or I can use them in my recording studio to listen to some audio tracks. That's how good the audio quality is. Highly recommended for those on a super tight budget like me.

CON's:
I wish I could say the same for the poor construction quality. They break apart easily upon heavy usage. That's why I've ordered so many over the years, but it's difficult to beat the price.
on January 12, 2016
Excellent Sound Quality!! Sounded almost like true audiophile headphones, with bass and highs super crisp and clear. The micro and noise cancellation worked like a charm. My only gripe is they broke after 4 months...first at the microphone flexible (gooseneck) boom arm and then a few months after that it broke at extendable/telescoping headband part. It also squeezes on the ears a little too hard, or maybe my head is just to wide (although I don't have the same issue with most other headphones).

But still, probably one of the BEST sounding over-the-head headphones with mic products I have owned for under $50. If you buy, just be GENTLE it helps if you have a slightly more narrow than average head OR ELSE these can become very uncomfortable after 10 minutes of wear.
on March 29, 2011
Everything about this headset needs to be qualified in terms of its cost. For the money, this is a very good headset.

I bought this headset to use with the MagicJack I also purchased online with Amazon.

I talked to my Dad for about an hour using the MagicJack and this headset. His voice came through crystal clear, and he said that my voice sounded like I was in the room with him. So, score that as a win for this headset.

My only complaint is that the ear padding is a bit unusual and causes the headset to be quite snug around the ears. My head is bigger than average, so that doesn't help.

At some point, I will probably buy a wireless headset that is a little more comfortable. Until then, this headset is exactly what I wanted and performs as advertised.
on December 24, 2012
I often have to communicate with clients and colleagues via Skype-type programs, and must use a headset. (I can't mute my voice and save my colleagues from hearing it, but I can at least "mute" my callers.) This headset works very well. I've had it for a few months now, and have yet to have any problems with it: I can hear the persons on the other line of my calls very well, and nobody has complained that they could not hear me well. In fact, I have discovered that the microphone was actually quite sensitive, and I suggest that you either move it away from your face, or turn down the microphone volume in your program (if this options is available).
on March 29, 2011
First of all: The description of this product shows an in-line volume adjustment. The product I received --which had the same model number-- had no volume adjustment. The description needs to be updated. If this is a feature you are specifically looking for, you should not buy this product.

Pros: They are cheap and they (sort of) work.

Cons: The volume/sensitivity must be adjusted from the mixer panel within windows; that's a pain. Additionally, the sound is "tinny" with music. When there is no music or other sound there is a constant whine through the speakers. This could, of course be my computer; however, I have not experienced it with any other headphones plugged into this jack.

I am not returning these because they are inexpensive, and they meet the basic needs which is a headset for my kids to use Rosetta Stone, and my desire to not pay a lot of money to replace the headset they broke -- so, I suppose being grossly inferior to our previous set, they also serve as an object lesson as well. Nevertheless, punishment is not normally a plus for buying a headset.

You get what you pay for.