Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Save $20 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

on February 18, 2017
I purchased this headset for Rosetta Stone, which does not work with the built-in microphone in my laptop. The audio is loud and clear and I haven't had any issues with the microphone. The headset expands like most over-the-head headphone by lengthening the total length of the band. At the smallest setting it is a little too large for my head (I'm an adult and wear a small bike helmet, for comparison) but not so large that it is distracting or falls off. The entire headset is plastic and feels somewhat delicate but I have not had any issues with it. Be aware, though, that this headset attaches to the computer using separate headphone (pink) and microphone (green) jacks, not a USB port. After receiving it I realized my computer has a single audio jack so I had to buy a USB-to-audio adapter as well.
on August 18, 2016
Worked great for the first 2 months!

They felt nice on the ears, they sounded good when they worked, they voice quality of the mic was great.

Was careful with them and paid close attention to not stressing the wire or the jack. However after about 2 months the audio started cutting in and out and you had the play with the plug/wire connection to get it to work, steadily got worse.

Maybe I just got unlucky with my plug/wire on mine, if that hadn't broke in 2 months I would have given these 5 stars.
on December 10, 2017
For a full headset under $10, these are fantastic! I have a laptop and move around a lot, so I don't treat my headphones especially gently. This pair has fallen repeatedly, been yanked around, and had the microphone extension bent all kinds of wrong ways, but it still works fine! It's even survived cats chewing on the cord, but I did tape those parts so the wires weren't exposed.

Sure, it's basic, but it's also light and comfortable to wear for long periods. The parts that go over your ears are easy to clean and the sound quality is very nice. The mic isn't amazing (s-sounds aren't as crisp as they could be; p's tend to pop), but it's better than several more expensive headsets I've used in the past.

Overall I'm very happy and I would purchase these again!
on November 19, 2017
The microphone doesn't seem to work and from reading the answer and question section there are quite a few mentions of an adapter coming with this when there isn't one. If the questions and answer apply to a model other than the one I'm looking it, they shouldn't be included. On the bright side, the headphones work fine, except I needed the microphone, not the headphones, so this was a waste of money.
on November 13, 2017
I bought this headset for my online teaching job. I've been using them for over a month now, and they are fantastic. No frills or mute option, but this is a perfectly basic headset. It is very comfortable for me to wear for a few hours at a time. I love that the microphone is flexible and can be turned according to preference. I'm very happy with my purchase!
on February 28, 2018
I might consider giving it a 5 due to the cost.

The problems with it are minor. The mic is too short. It does work though. The speakers are small and barely cover the ears.

The pros are it is very inexpensive. If it breaks soon I have not invested much into it. The cord is a reasonable length. So many cheap ones have a really short cord. In my case, I did not want a USB type device. I wanted to use the front panel 3.5mm ports.

So far I am satisfied with it. I am using it for web based conference calls when I don't want to call in. It is easy to use this headset as an IP based
"call in" method.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 16, 2017
I purchased these because my son goes to school online, but this cord has TWO jacks on the end instead of just ONE like every other set of headphones i;ve seen. One for audio and one for microphone. I did not see in the description where is said this was the case. I had to order an adapter and wait for it to arrive. Otherwise good product. Just be aware if you want these for a laptop or anything else that only has one in/out jack.
on July 9, 2017
it worked great once I bought the ENVEL 3.5mm Jack Cable Headset Adapter Kit to go with it. My laptop didn't have a mic in jack...so the headset wouldn't work properly without the adapter. Make sure you have a place for 2 jacks, mic and headset. or buy the adapter to go with this one.
on August 23, 2009
I ordered this headset specifically because we needed one with separate 3.5mm jacks for the microphone and headphone connections. It had to be compatible with an older PC using a traditional Soundblaster card. That ruled out many newer products that come with USB or other connectors.

There were enough positive reviews that I took a chance on these, and for the most part they've been adequate for our needs. We're using them for interactive lessons on the PC that involve speech recognition, and the microphone is good enough that the software understands the student and works. We've used the headset for a couple of months and have no problems with durability.

However, there are some definite trade-offs at this price point. For one thing, the sound quality of the headphones is just adequate. I have some older low-end headphones here, and listend to them for comparison with the CyberAcoustics headset. Same source, same jack, same volume -- the old headphones had better frequency response, and showed me how much is missing when one listens to the CyberAcoustics headset.

Another trade-off is wearer comfort. These headphones sit on the ear -- not in it like earbuds, and not around it. There are good reasons to choose such a design, but it is hard to make such headphones comfortable, and we found this product to be only wearable for a half-hour or hour at a time, at most.

It's hard to give it only three stars because after all, the headset is very cheap and it does everything we wanted it to do, specifically including the method of connection that we required. Luckily we only need to use it for an hour or less at a time, and the audio quality has not yet been a drawback on a functional basis.

Since it works fine with all these limitations and unique parameters, in terms of *value* it's probably four or five stars for us. So I suggest you examine your own needs.

If you want to wear something for longer periods, or have critical listening needs, you should spend more money and try something else. If your needs are as modest as ours, and if you need to connect to a Soundblaster card, this will do the trick.
on August 18, 2017
Barely usable. The picture would lead you to believe it'd fit comfortably over your ears and the mic extends at least to your mouth. It's only comfortable if you wear them backwards, but then you can't use the mic. The mic barely picks up sound unless you hold it directly to your mouth, which you can't do unless you take the headset off and hold it instead. It's better to buy a cheap freestanding mic or a gaming headset. Also, it's the kind you have to plug into the back of a computer so it won't work if you need it for a laptop.