Cyberlink PowerDVD 13 Ultra
- The No.1 Blu-ray player with over 100 million copies shipped each year. Play the latest DVD, Blu-ray, Blu-ray 3D, AVCHD 2.0 and HD file formats
- Watch Blu-ray discs and movie files at quality beyond HD; Apply breakthrough TrueTheater enhancements to DVDs, video files, photos and music; Experience on-the-fly 2D-to-3D of movies, photos, videos, YouTube and Facebook content
- Enjoy MKV and other movie file playback as seamless as playback from disc. Find all your movies, videos, photos and music in one place; Customize the interface to hide features you don't use
- Stream between devices in your home network; Link all your devices with PowerDVD mobile apps; Access all your content, no matter on which device it is stored or on which device you play it
- Take advantage of Instant Play, fastest-ever start-up for Blu-ray discs, DVDs, photos, audio and video; Enjoy MKV and other movie file playback as seamless as playback from disc; Customize the interface to hide features you don't use
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
If you love movies, PowerDVD 13 Ultra is the Blu ray, 3D and HD media player for you. Enjoy movies and all your media on your PC, notebook, smartphone, tablet and TV. Unique CyberLink TrueTheater enhancements mean a sharper picture, enhanced lighting and smoother motion even on HD content. A true universal player, PowerDVD makes it simple to play all your movies, videos, photos and music at their best.
From the Manufacturer
PowerDVD 13 Ultra is a Blu-ray, 3-D, HD media player. Enjoy movies and all your media on your PC, notebook, smartphone, tablet, and TV. Unique CyberLink TrueTheater enhancements mean a sharper picture, enhanced lighting, and smoother motion - even on HD content. A true universal player, PowerDVD makes it simple to play all your movies, videos, photos, and music at their best.
Watch Blu-ray discs and HD movie files at quality beyond HD
- TrueTheater edge enhancement, color, and lighting technologies boost the HD movie experience
- Enhance playback on Full HD and higher resolution displays
- Works with MKV/MP4 and other popular HD movie formats
- Experience lossless pass-through for Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio
Quality beyond HD - 4K ultra HD
PowerDVD 13 Ultra supports 4K Ultra-HD resolution video playback. With 4x higher resolution than full HD, PowerDVD delivers the sharpest images possible making your experience more true-to-life than ever.
New levels of performance and responsiveness
Experience 58% faster start-up for Blu-ray movies with innovative BD-Live bypass technology. Enjoy instant viewing of photos and playback of music files.
New Play Speed Navigator and Navigational Slider lets you choose your play speed and view instant scene thumbnails, while hotkeys provide forward and backward jump. Zoom in with Instant Zoom, scale your media with Instant Scale, and more.
UltraViolet is a service that lets you purchase, store, and download content from the cloud. UltraViolet features will be provided as a free update to PowerDVD 13 Ultra users based on the availability of necessary online services DECE has announced.
Link all your devices with PowerDVD mobile apps
PowerDVD Ultra comes with companion apps for your smart devices that let you stream, share, and sync content across platform, so you can enjoy your media anytime, anywhere.
PowerDVD Mobile for Android, Win 8, and iOS
- Play video, music, and photo on mobile devices
- Stream video, music, and photo from PowerDVD 13 Ultra
- Play content from mobile device to PowerDVD Ultra or DLNA devices in same network
Convenient Media Library and Social Sharing
Organize all your media, browse movies in a dedicated library, and view photos, video, and music in grid view, list view, or album view. Instantly browse and share your media on YouTube, Facebook, and Flickr.
Digital Locker: Safe in the cloud. Always available
Download your free Digital Copy of your Cyberlink product. Your Digital Copy lets you install your Cyberlink software even if you don't have the original installation disc. It is the easiest way to install your software on notebooks that don't have an optical drive, like Ultrbooks.
Your Digital Copy is available free of charge for 30 days from when you redeem your download.
Windows 8, 7, Vista, and XP SP3
Optical Disc Drive
- DVD drive to play DVDs and CDs
- Blu-ray drive to play Blu-ray Discs
2 GB and above for BD playback
Hard Disk Space
- Blu-ray Disc, DVD, and TrueTheater 3D Playback
- Blu-ray 3-D with or without Hardware Acceleration
PCI sound card or on-board audio output
Blu-ray Disc playback: Intel HD Graphics, ATI Radeon HD 5000, NVIDIA GeForce 9500GT or above
Blu-ray Disc playback: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz, AMD Phenom 2.10GHz or above
Required for initial software activation, social media, and online
Platform: PC Disc | Edition: Ultra
Top customer reviews
Sorry to hear about your trouble playing discs and with technical support. Thanks for the support ticket. I have passed it on to the support team for an internal investigation. They will be in contact with you very soon.
Well after going around and around with their tech support, and being asked to check the same things 2, 3, and even 4 times, it became clear that whoever was in 'support' was just working from a script, and would keep me running in circles forever. So I accepted the fact that, for whatever reason, PowerDVD was just not going to be able to play blu-ray DVDs on my computer, and asked Cyberlink for a refund.
At this point tech support directed me to contact Amazon, since I'd purchased through them. BUT Amazon's policy is that they do not provide refunds on software, and I could not find a way to talk to a human being at Amazon.
So I've initiated a dispute via my credit card company. I've provided them with printouts of all my transactions with Cyberlink support, and a screen shot of their guarantee. I don't know if I'll be able to get a refund yet but, if not, I've just totally wasted about $80 on this product.
So be warned... If you're going to buy software that carries any kind of guarantee, buy it directly from the vendor - do not buy it through Amazon (even though Amazon seems to function as a 'cut through' to the vendor).
We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration you have experienced. If you can, would you please share your technical support ticket number or VS code with us here and we will escalate your case ASAP. If it is not too late, we would like to try and help you get PowerDVD working on your specific computer system.
If adding this program to a PC-base media server, be aware that it does include Cinavia, meaning that blu-rays containing Cinavia will not play using this player. However, using this program to play the physical disc, it acts exactly as any stand-alone BD Player hooked up to a television would, if a bit slow.
I needed to be able to play BDs, so I had to invest in something like this. At the time, this was on sale for a few dollars less than Arcsoft's TMT, so I went with PowerDVD.
The only reason I'm giving this a overall 3 stars is that PowerDVD tends to want to associate everything on your PC/laptop (I know how to undo that, so that's not a big problem for me), and it has the added annoyance of Cinavia to deal with from now on (Actually from Version 12 on.)