Other Sellers on Amazon
Cyberlink PowerDirector 11 Ultimate
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Revolutionary Content Aware Editing: Automatically analyze and quickly retrieve & fix video footage.
- High Quality Production: Import, Edit & Export videos beyond HD quality, up to next generation 4K standard.
- Plus 22 professional effects from NewBlueFX and 3 BONUS CyberLink Creative Design Packs
- Fast Video Editing: Edit & Render videos at blazing speed with NEW TrueVelocity? 3 engine, multi-GPGPU acceleration and native 64-bit support.
- Productive Working Environment: Designed for fast-paced professional video production workflow.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
CyberLink PowerDirector 11 Ultimate gives you the most powerful, fastest video editing! Packed with innovative video technologies to automate and speed up video processing time, support for the 47 resolution formats, the extra premium content transforms your video productions with pro-looking design styles and templates.
From the Manufacturer
CyberLink PowerDirector 11 Ultimate gives you powerful, fast video editing. Packed with innovative video technologies to speed up video processing time and support for the 47 resolution formats, the premium content transforms your video productions with pro-looking design styles and templates.
Revolutionary Editing Experience
- Content Aware Editing– Automatically identify important scenes with Face, Pan, Zoom, Motion, or imperfect scenes with Shaky and Poor Lighting. Use one-click enhance with TrueTheater, and easily select for further editing.
- Professional Workspace– Supports up to 100 timeline-tracks and ripple editing. Un-dockable full HD preview window with dual-screen support. Use customizable hotkey to increase productivity.
- Revamped User Interface– PowerDirector 11 greatly revamps the user interface, so you can enlarge the thumbnail size of library objects, or increase the height of timeline to have a clearer and more detailed view of footage used in your project.
Blazing Editing Speed
- TrueVelocity 3 Rendering Engine– Fast 64-bit consumer video editing software with TrueVelocity 3 rendering engine. OpenCL support and Intelligence SVRT 3 technology for fast video rendering.
- Multi-GPGPU Acceleration– Supports multi-GPGPU hardware acceleration to speed up computing intensive effects, blending, and video rendering.
- New Generation Hardware Optimization– Performance optimized for processor and graphic technology, including Intel 3rd Generation Core, AMD VISION, and nVidia GeForce.
Amazing Editing Tools
- Great Editing Tools– Create pro-quality videos with a vast array of editing tools, including free-hand painting tool and slideshow creator.
- End-to-end 3D– Import, edit, and produce your videos all in 3-D.
- Enhance Video with TrueTheater Technology– Enhance lighting scenes, stabilize shaky scenes, and upscale SD quality video to HD with TrueTheater technology.
- Powerful and Flexible Design Studio– Using Multi-track-timeline interface offers more flexibility and control to create animated overlays. Design your unique style with new PiP/Particle/Title/Menu Designer.
Professional Quality Productions
- Quality beyond HD– Support of importing, editing, and producing 4K ultra high definition video format.
- Vast Production Options– Produce Hi-def video files including MKV, MP4, AVCHD2.0 or MOV formats, burn Blu-ray or DVD movie discs, convert to vast types of mobile devices, or share on YouTube, Facebook, or Vimeo.
Extra Premium Content
- NewBlueFX Effects– Included 22 pro-quality NewBlueFX Paint and Motion effects.
- Stylish templates– Includes three CyberLink Creative Design Packs: Travle Pack 2, Holiday MagicStyle, and Romance Pack v.3.
Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Vista / XP (Windows XP Service Pack 2 is required for HDV capture)
1024 x 768, 16-bit color or above
512 MB required. 3 GB DDR2 or above recommended for 32-bit OS. 6 GB DDR2 or above recommended for 64-bit OS and 3-D editing.
Hard Disk Space:
5 GB minimum. 10 GB (20 GB recommended) for DVD production. 60 GB (100 GB recommended) for Blu-ray Disc/AVCHD/HD production.
- AVI Capture/Produce: Profiles: Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz or AMD Athlon 64 X2.
- DVD Quality (MPEG-2) Profiles: Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz or AMD Athlon 64 X2.
- High Quality MPEG-4 and Streaming WMV, QuickTime) Profiles: Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz or AMD Athlon 64 X2.
- Full-HD quality H.264 and MPEG2 Profiles: Intel Corei5/7 or AMD Phenom II X4.
- AVCHD and BD burning Profiles: Pentium Core 2 Duo E6400, or AMD Phenom II X2.
- 2K/4K/3D video editing profile: Intel Corei7 or AMD Phenom II X4 with 64 bit OS 6 GB RAM.
128 MB VGA VRAM or higher (1 GB or higher VRAM and OpenCL capable are recommended).
A Blu-ray Disc recordable drive is required to burn Blu-ray Discs. A DVD burner (DVD+R/RW or DVD-R/RW) is required to burn DVD/AVCHD titles. A CD (CD-R/RW) is required to burn VCD/SVCD titles.
A microphone is required for recording voice-overs.
An Internet connection is required to access online services.
Platform: PC Disc | Edition: Ultimate
Top customer reviews
Had I read the Amazon reviews in advance, I would have known about these green screen issues. I probably would have still purchased the software as it has excellent reviews as one of the easiest editing softwares PLUS you get access to a huge library of free digital items to use with the software. However, I would have known at the time to just go ahead and buy a new laptop and save myself days of frustration and hours and hours of trying to fix an issue that simply could not be resolved with the hardware that I owned.
Note: There are a few YouTube video on this software which helped me out in several ways. Like mostly , after I import my video I can’t do anything with it until I drag it down to the video editing bar. That’s where I make the magic happen. It’s been about a week now and I’m getting the knack for using Cyberlink. Hope you enjoy it and make some awesome videos like I just did. : )
CyberLink replied to my review and mentioned that a patch has been released for PowerDirector in April/May 2013, listed as "Updates PowerDirector 11 to build 2812". I installed this patch to see if it would make a difference with the issues I was experiencing, and the patch made a significant difference.
Videos now render smoothly and quickly on my computer. In fact, rendering performance has improved VERY significantly as well.
I happened to be testing various configurations & video software rendering times, so I have some real-world stats rendering a video which is about 2 minutes long:
MPEG-4, 1920x1080/30p (13 Mbps), NTSC, GPU = GTX670 FTW+, Max CPU = 15%:
Render time: 1:57
AFTER, with MUCH lower performing video card:
MPEG-4, 1920x1080/30p (13 Mbps), NTSC, GPU = GT620, Max CPU = 15%:
Render time: 1:54
So even with an nVidia GT620 video card instead of the GTX670 FTW+, PD now performs MUCH faster.
Now turn off the Preview video window while rendering:
MPEG-4, 1920x1080/30p (13 Mbps), NTSC, GPU = GT620, Max CPU = 15%:
Render time: 1:36
That is about 25% faster?
In addition, the stuttering/stalling issue that I reported earlier is gone.
By comparison, Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12 renders as follows:
Sony AVC/MVC - MP4 - Internet 1920x1080-30p (13 Mbps), CPU mode, Max CPU = 50%
Render time = 2:20
Sony AVC/MVC - MP4 - Internet 1920x1080-30p (13 Mbps), GPU = GTX670 FTW+, Max CPU = 50%
Render time = 2:09
Sony AVC/MVC - MP4 - Internet 1920x1080-30p (13 Mbps), GPU GT620, Max CPU = 18%
Render time = 4:40
As you can see, this update to PD makes a HUGE difference. Bravo to CyberLink.
Therefore, this patch did a great job at fixing the problems I was experiencing.
I purchased this due to numerous reviews claiming it is easy to use, great performance, and so forth. I was very, very disappointed.
I am a previous Vegas Pro 8 user. However, I recently assembled a new purpose-built video editing PC. During my planning I carefully examined the technologies various video editing programs used, such as OpenCL. Combine that with all the awards this software received, I was sure it would be a winner.
Boy was I disappointed.
I found that viewing preview videos, in a tiny window, would frequently stop and display a message saying "Rendering" for 3-5 seconds. I would then get about 3-5 seconds of video playback and it would repeat. My 6 year old PC with Vegas Pro 8 never did this.
As a quick test, I decided to render a video. At this point PowerDirector froze when switching between menus for Edit and Render, sometimes for as long as 1-2 minutes. I was not happy, especially considering how much I paid for this software.
By comparison, I installed the current version of Sony's Movie Studio Platinum Suite and it absolutely blew PowerDirector out of the water. No freezes, rendering videos at 2x to 4x playback speed, and zero other issues.
I would NOT recommend this software.
Asus P9X79 motherboard
Intel i7 3930k Hexa-Core CPU
EVGA GTX670 FTW+ 4MB
32GB 1600MHz Kingston HyperX Genesis RAM
Two Samsung 840 Pro SSD's running in RAID-0 (over 1,000MB/s read speeds)
WD Velociraptor 500GB 10,000 RPM HDD
Windows 7 Home Professional 64-bit