Other Sellers on Amazon
Cyberlink PowerDirector 14 Ultimate Suite
|Price:||$89.99 & FREE Shipping|
- Fast, Flexible and Powerful -Action Camera Center is a new tool designed for sports and adventure enthusiasts, combining the software’s most powerful capabilities into one simple workflow. Performance also gets a boost with enhancements to the patented SVRT rendering technology, and ready-to-go templates help users instantly create expert-looking videos.
- Pristine Audio for Your Movies -AudioDirector gives you total control over the editing, mixing, and mastering of your video’s soundtrack, sound effects, and even dialogue. Cutting-edge restoration tools let you salvage and work with files that have audio flaws or imperfections.
- Video Color Enhancement -ColorDirector offers a wide set of pro-level color grading tools that are advanced yet intuitive enough for anyone to master. It features innovative motion tracking for regional color adjustment, as well as HDR video & film-style presets.
- Premium 3rd Party Pro Effects -Video editing plug-ins stimulate creativity and save time. PowerDirector supports plug-ins from leading designers NewBlue, Pixelan and proDAD, and comes with over US$900 worth of premium effects and templates that provide a huge variety of creative options for video editors.
- Capture it, Perfect it, Share it-A video tells a story through sound, motion, and color. PowerDirector Ultimate Suite gives you total control of these fundamental elements, fuelling your inspiration, while increasing the speed and flexibility of your creative video projects. Let your story be seen and heard with PowerDirector.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
PowerDirector 14 Ultimate Suite
PowerDirector 14 Ultimate Suite provides a complete video, audio and color editing workflow. The award-winning video editor PowerDirector brings you all the advanced tools and effects you need to create fantastic videos. Great videos need great audio, and this powerful software suite comes with an advanced audio studio, AudioDirector, which offers end-to-end audio editing, mixing, recording, and production tools. To control the mood and tone of your video, PowerDirector Ultimate Suite also features ColorDirector, professional-level color grading software.
The Fastest Video Editing with PowerDirector
PowerDirector 14 introduces extreme video editing: a transformative experience designed to make creating high-quality video projects faster and much simpler, redefining consumer video creation and setting a new benchmark for the industry.
Premium 3rd Party Pro Effects and Templates
Video editing plug-ins can enhance creativity and save valuable editing time. PowerDirector supports plug-ins from leading designers NewBlue, Pixelan and proDAD, and comes with over US$800 worth of premium effects and templates that provide a huge variety of creative options for video editors.
Precise and Powerful Motion Tracking
Powerful new technology for motion tracking opens up a range of creative possibilities. PowerDirector simplifies motion tracking from start to finish, enabling anyone to accurately track objects or people in video footage. Use motion tracking to add titles, PiP object, or effects to the tracked item.
Audio Editing and Restoration with AudioDirector
Create pristine audio for all your movies. AudioDirector includes advanced audio editing software for multitrack mixing, audio restoration, and the creation of surround sound tracks with amazing effects.
Multicam Editing – Up to 100 Tracks
Editing video clips from different cameras into a single video is an effective way to add depth to a project by showing different perspectives. You can incorporate footage from many different sources into PowerDirector, where it can be automatically synchronized according to the audio content of each track.
ColorDirector Delivers Advanced Color Grading
Color grading is essential for evoking responses from your video viewers. PowerDirector Ultimate Suite features ColorDirector, pro-level color grading software packaged in an intuitive suite that makes it simple for anyone to master. ColorDirector also features innovative motion tracking for regional color adjustment, as well as HDR video & film-style presets.
Round-trip Editing Ensures Workflow Productivity
PowerDirector Ultimate Suite provides an integrated workflow from video editing and color grading, to audio restoration and editing. The three applications support round-trip editing, which means you can select the footage in complex video projects, and pass the work-in-progress to ColorDirector and AudioDirector to perform color grading and audio editing tasks, then pass the adjusted result back to PowerDirector's timeline.
Version Comparison Table
Please refer to the table above.
Power Director 14 Ultimate Suite offers a complete video, audio & color editing workflow. The award-winning video editor Power Director delivers the advanced tools and effects needed to create fantastic movies. Great videos need great audio, and this powerful software suite comes with an advanced audio studio, Audio Director, which includes editing, mixing, recording and production tools. Color Director provides professional-level color grading functions to add the perfect mood and tone to your video story.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
There is little chance that I would buy another copy of Cyberlink's software until they fix this very critical issue.
UPDATE Nvidia observation: I have tried to get various older Nvidia drivers to play nicely with PowerDirector 14, but I'm still not having much luck. Older drivers (as described in my comments below) support CUDA, but still do not really play well with Powerdirector 14, forcing me to fall back on Microsoft's Integrated Graphics card - with very mediocre results.
UPDATE: I just downloaded the patch for AudioDirector 6 (3-6-2016). The program now works as advertised and is very useful. However, I believe that something in this new patch may have effected the video quality in ColorDirector 4. New problem, though. The video image in ColorDirector 4 is now so blown out as to make the program unusable. It's no longer recognized by the Nvidia graphics card. I can no longer color grade in ColorDirector 4, roundtrip. It seemed to be working okay when I first installed it.
UPDATE: Cyberlink tech support and customer service has been excellent in getting back and trying to resolve some of these issues. I have no doubt that at some point in the future the issues will be resolved, but in the meantime I'm having to work around some of the glitches in order to finish a video already in progress. I also suspect Windows 10 might be implicated in some of this, but details are sketchy right now. I've added another star to my original review for the excellent customer service.
ORIGINAL POST: I've recently purchased Powerdirector 14 Ultimate Suite. I've tested this software on a Windows 10 machine with an i7 quad-core processor (I7-4700MQ quad core) that has 16GB RAM, an Nvidia 740M graphics card with 2GB of video RAM, and a 1TB hybrid HDD.
Here's what I've found:
The new features are nifty and useful, at times. PowerDirector 14 Ultimate does seem to feel a bit faster than version 13. Rendering is as quick as ever. PowerDirector 14 Ultimate has only crashed on me twice, and this has not been a major as the program saves a backup file which can be resaved without a problem.
1. If you've got an Nvidia graphics card in your computer, Nvidia will not recognize Powerdirector 14 (the video editor itself), meaning that your graphics capability will default back to your computer's Integrated Graphics graphic engine (built into Intel's CPU, if you have an Intel CPU). I am noticing that PD 12 and PD 13 are both recognized by Nvidia, but not PD 14.
2. AudioDirector 6 does not work seamlessly with PowerDirector 14 Ultimate. When you select a clip on a track for audio editing and choose AudioDirector as your audio editor, you will find that there will be no video displayed in AudioDirector 6, and when you click the play button at the bottom of the screen you will notice an up to 13 second delay between when you push the play button and when the audio actually starts playing. One work-around for this is: choose your clip with the audio you want to edit; next choose WaveEditor, rather than AudioDirector, when clicking on the "Edit Audio" button. When you arrive in WaveEditor, do nothing, simply exit and SAVE. This automatically turns the audio from your video clip into a .wav file. Next: when you return back to PD 14, click on the audio track you want to edit, again, and now choose AudioDirector. AudioDirector will now recognize the clip and edit it without a problem.
3. When you mouse over a clip, in order to move or nudge that clip along the timeline, you will find that the mouse-over label that pops up will obscure the area that you are trying to see so that it's difficult to make an accurate change to clip placement. If there is a way to turn off the mouse-over labels, I haven't found it, and this can be very annoying when you've got multiple tracks to deal with.
4. While the program works well with unaltered clips in the timeline, as soon as you begin enhancing clips with all of the wonderful enhancement features that are offered, the editing experience slows down considerably - actually, unacceptably. This is particularly true with the large assortment of FX options in this program. A good work-around might be to create your edit first without enhancements and, once complete, do two things: 1st: save your raw edit with a different file name (giving you a clone), and then, 2nd, enhance your edit as needed for a final edit.
5. AudioDirector 6 has crashed on me multiple times. Somehow, it feels like this version of AudioDirector is not playing well with Windows 10, but that's just my feeling.
I have contacted tech support about these issues, but they've been stumped.
PowerDirector video editor has always been a good product, but these glitches make it a little more difficult to use, at the moment. Perhaps when Cyberlink releases a patch, or multiple patches, later on in the year, this product will live up to it's usual good reputation.