Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Shop Popular Services Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 378 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 400 reviews
on November 8, 2014
I have two of theses running. One in my server rack, and one in a Pro audio amp rack with 5 1,500 watt amps. Unit has never tripped and works great. Would recommend to any pro audio people over the standard furman crap
review image
on May 1, 2013
I've got power strips and rackmounted equipment coming out of my ears. I bought this because I needed lots of power outlets in a mobile equipment cart, with limited space, and I didn't want to spend a lot of money. On these points, this product delivers in spades. The thing is well built, so when I plug into it, I don't feel it flexing under the stress. The rear plugs have enough room for smaller wall-wart plugs. Everything is turned on/off with one switch. And at $50, it's really the best option out there as far as I can tell. In general, I'm very pleased with the purchase and would buy again in a heartbeat.

There are some drawbacks for some specific buyers though. If you're putting this in a rack next to a patch bay, or running lots of audio signals near it, you're going to hear it. The unit, like all of these units in this price range, emits RF interference that will bleed into nearby audio cables to varying degrees. Most people probably wouldn't notice, but in a recording studio environment, where the noise floor is extremely low by intent, it's noticeable. Additionally, The 15' cord is just a burden to most people I'm sure. Since this will be in a rack with other gear and power nearby, odds are the power won't have to be run more than a few feet. I suggest they install a 3' power cable on it, and if someone needs 15' of cable, they can permanently attach an extension cord for $10. I'd wager that 90% of these in the field have 12' of power cord coiled up in the corner of the rack. 15' is just overkill. Lastly, and I'm surprised this bothers me so much, but the lame logo graphic on the unit looks cheap, and undermines the perception of quality. A simple, small, elegant white or gray logo...fine. But a goofy, giant, bright red logo makes the unit seem like it is manufactured by McDonalds. The picture doesn't do it justice. The logo is big and bright. I'd sand it off if I didn't think I'd screw it up even worse.
on July 13, 2013
First things first, accept what this is. An overglorified, rack mountable, 15 amp power strip with 10 outlets. It is not a UPS, it is not a surge supressor, it is merely a PDU. It is limited to 15 amps of total current

I work in large enterprise IT as a systems administrator, and I deal with rack PDUs all the time from the likes of Dell, Cyberpower, APC, Belkin, etc... I was doing a relay / networking rack install for my home training lab / office , and I wanted a clean way to run power to all of my devise. You may notice a good number of those devices are actually desktop type. And yes they have wall wart type transformers, and no they don't work well with the PDU. I had to run 1' power extensions from the PDU to the wall warts. 3M double stick foam tape holds the wall warts to the tray immediately above the PDU. It works great, and has as clean of a look as is physically possible considering the sheer volume of cables running to and from this rack.

The PDU itself is bade of a sturdy metal construction housing, drilled for rack mounting holes, with a convenient master switch, and 10 standard black outlets along the back. A heavy duty, long power cable provides incoming power. I have mine set up as the only device drawing power from an OLD CyberPower CP585AVR UPS that I refurbished a few months ago. No more daisy chains of power strips hung off the UPS, and no more UPS on my desk. The UPS sits nicely behind the desk on the floor, and like I mentioned, the cables are routed neatly within the rack.

All in all I am quite pleased with the reliability, and performance dollar for dollar that CyberPower products have provided myself, and my employers / clients over the years. I fully intend to continue doing business with them for the foreseeable future.
review image review image
on July 8, 2015
Excellent rack mount power strip. I have a lot of equipment racks for live and studio use. I like to outfit every rack with a power strip rather than having a bunch of loose cables floating in the rear of the rack.

I have a lot of power strips, by Furman, SG Weber, TrippLite, others and now these by Cyberpower.

Personally I LOVE the long power input cable on the Cyberpower power strips, you can always make it shorter with wire ties. I like that I can move my gear into a venue, pull the back lids of the racks and every rack has it's own power cable that feeds to my central AC power distribution point (which also feeds the front of house mixer position for minimum ground loop potentials).

They fit nicely in the rack, very heavy duty construction.

FAVORITE FEATURE: The outlets on the rear are spaced very wide so you can easily plug in wall wart power supplies, I love a clean rack layout and this helps a lot. Keeping those wall warts as far away as possible from audio cables helps minimize induced noise.

Fast delivery, quality construction, decent price, what is there to not like? I had to give them 5-stars, well done Cyberpower.
on December 29, 2015
Working great. Seems well made. The power cord on it is extremely long. So even at the top of a 42u cabinet, length shouldnt be an issue. You'll probably still have allot of slack left over.
review image
on September 30, 2010
Item arrived with a broken piece that turned out to be some type of plastic cover over the power switch... Not sure what it was for exactly. To be clear, the switch was fine, but this little cover was smashed to pieces in shipping despite what appeared to be fairly good packaging at the outset. However also, more importantly, the right rack wing was bent backward very slightly - which I should be able to bend straight. That should not have happened. The packaging appeared intact so the lack of damage of the packaging makes me conclude the bent piece was shipped from the factory damaged from the start. Not a favorable impression, however the defect is very slight so I can fix this myself. It does make me wonder if this unit has more problems which just has not manifested yet however. Outwardly, all the outlets work and otherwise, all seems fine. The power cord is long, the unit seems like it is heavy duty. The only other thing to really note is that the front panel has quite a few lights on it... (Power light AND a lighted power switch which seems redundant and a waste of energy to me, a Ground light, and a Surge light). I think smaller LED energy efficient panel lights would be better in any next gen of this item... The existing Power light seems brighter than need be to me, (so, for example in a home theatre application may be too bright if not shielded from view possibly...) and certainly comparative to the other small lights on the front panel.
review image review image review image review image review image
on March 27, 2017
Great rack PDU, the 2 front ports are a nice plus when you need to plug a laptop/etc in while troubleshooting. Overall very satisfied with this purchase, will buy more of these for future network closet builds.
on March 19, 2017
Pleased with the product, it offers the protection that I need for my equipment.
on April 21, 2017
Does what it's supposed to do.
on April 13, 2017