Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 282 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 308 reviews
on January 1, 2016
Durable, solid, holds wheel tight, multiple heights, perfect, exactly what I hoped it would be, even better - in that it is strong and durable, not cheap.
review image
on January 13, 2017
My comments on the sales attributes:
"For a stable, worry-free ride with any rear wheel-mounted trainer." --> is very stable
"Unique 3-level design lets you select the level of difficulty/ideal training height. --> as said before, one block is leveler
Virtually indestructible injection-molded construction. --> agreed.

I use this with a Kinetics Road Machine and a 700 X 23c road bike. It's fine. I would recommend it to a friend.
on July 21, 2017
My wife and I had the cheaper Sunlight block for her bike, and that one was fine but definitely on the cheaper side. She got bigger tires for her road bike, and the other block seemed to have a hard time keeping the tire in place. When we moved to our new apartment the block went MIA, so I decided to order this one. When the boxes arrived (I ordered two) we were definitely surprised - I didn't think they would be quite so big. But they really do a great job at giving us a stable ride when we're using our bikes on a trainer. Also, the fact that the two blocks can stack to create a more strenuous workout is really neat. They're a little pricey (to me, anyway), but if these were to get lost during our next move I would feel comfortable spending the money on them again. They're very well built, very stable, and make me feel very comfortable on my bike. I'm 5'10" and around 200lbs, and my wife is 5'5" and 130 - both of us feel very stable on our bikes, even when we're in higher gears and peddling quite fast. We clip in to our pedals as well, and where the other block made me feel terrified of tipping over at any moment, thankfully this one doesn't give me the same dread.
on August 31, 2016
This is very large. Not an issue though when you feel sturdy as a rock on your indoor trainer. IMO this is the kind of front wheel brace you need for training. I gave it four stars because there is no indication on the device that tells you what is flat or what is an incline. They all could be the same as far as I can tell. I haven't needed the climbing part yet this year. I will update at a later time when I get to use it. If this review helped please hit the helpful button. Thank you.
Yes you can use a phonebook or any thick book but this is nicer and easier. No more book collecting mold, dust, and Silverfish in my garage. I use the highest slot although there’s not a lot of difference between the different slots. It’s lightweight but still solid. I haven’t had any issues with my bike moving. It doesn’t really raise your wheel. It evens it out.
on September 9, 2011
Lightweight but high quality, stable unit. I bought this go go with my CycleOps wind trainer. Glad I did because otherwise I'd be riding downhill the whole way. Yes, this is a "leveler" and you would need to stack another to go "uphill." Keep in mind that if you raise the entire bike up, it may be harder to get onto the bike if the top beam of your frame is already high for you. Can't imagine what could be better. Recommended.

Update: I still think think this is a great item and worth buying with the trainer, but more for stability than leveling. The trainer only raises the back wheel a little bit so the downhill sensation I was worried about isn't so much of an issue. The bigger problem is that without this item your front wheel may be wobbly.
on June 20, 2017
CycleOps Stackable Climbing Block for Indoor Bicycle Trainers

I just received it a few days ago, had not had a chance to actually use it, just wanted to let whoever is interested on this product that it is BIG :-).

Looks very nice, made of quality material..Will update post once I try it out...
review image review image
on November 4, 2013
Its a riser block, not sure why it is called a climbing block. Kind of expensive for what it is, although it is more versatile than single height blocks. On my Kurt trainer, I have to use the highest settings to make the bike level. It does a good job in cradling the tire, holding it steady. The comparable Kurt block does not have a bottom, so the tire rests on two edges, which I have seen cut into flimsy tires, exactly the reason why this one is better.
on March 6, 2017
This is the perfect riser/climbing block for indoor rides. From nose level, to 2, and 4, inches of extra height with a second one you can goto 6,8, and 10 inches of height allowing you to really change up your rides. Well worth the price for the support and stability!
on January 7, 2013
This is a great product, I bought it along with a CycleOps Wind trainer, and the one time I used my trainer without this block, I noticed a massive difference. So much more pressure is put on your hands and arms when your front tire is lower than your back. This is fine in real world biking, because that means greater ability to steer while going downhill, but in stationary biking, all it does is make your hands uncomfortable.
The only con I can think of is I really don't see why it costs as much as it does, but it does feels really sturdy (I weigh 330lbs, no problems with my massive frame)
If you are buying a trainer, you need something like this.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.