Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

VINE VOICEon January 12, 2009
Prior to purchasing, I searched all over to try and figure out the difference between the Ultra Stomp Rocket and the Junior Stomp Rocket Kit. Both products list for a similar price. The Junior version advertises that rockets will soar up to 100 feet in the air and the Ultra version lists a slightly higher height of up to 200 feet. But the age ranges for the 2 products are substantially different with the Junior Stomp Rocket recommending ages 3-8 and the Ultra Stomp Rocket recommending ages 8+.

For my 4yo son, we started with the Junior Stomp Rocket. He LOVES it! When/If going outside is not possible, he holds the stomp pad under his arm and points the rocket and shoots the missiles around the house. Because the rockets are all foam, they do not do any damage to walls, furniture, (or mom and dad, thankfully). When outside, my son literally plays with this toy for hours, adjusting and playing around with how hard you need to stomp to get the rocket to go really high.

Both the Ultra and the Junior Stomp Rocket kits come with a plastic rectangular "stomp pad" connected to a flexible tube. The end of the tube connects to one of the plastic/foam rockets (4 are includeded in each kit). There is a small plastic stand that you can put together to use as a launch base. Snap the plastic tube onto the base and stomp on the pad. Air is shot through the tube and propels the foam rocket up into the air.

We now have both the Ultra and the Junior Stomp Rocket kits and the only real difference I found is in the size and shape of the rocket missiles. The Ultra Stomp Rocket missiles are larger in size and shape. They have a plastic shaft with small plastic fins on the bottom and a large foam head. The junior stomp rocket missiles are smaller and made entirely of foam. Other than that, the launching equipment for both are exactly the same.

Refill Rockets for both the Junior and Ultra models come in varying colors and sell (at least on Amazon) for under $[...].

Whether you buy the Ultra Stomp Rocket (listed here) or it's sister product Junior Stomp Rocket, you will be getting a fantastic toy! This toy is so simple - no assembly required, no batteries, just easy to use and loads of fun!

I do have a slight preference in favor of the Junior Stomp Rocket, only because I like the missiles that are all foam if you are going to be using the toy inside. Also, the junior version has glow in the dark refill rockets. Really cool for night time use Junior Stomp Rocket Toy Glow in the Dark Refills. For some reason, you can only get the glow in the dark refills in the "junior" size.
1,653 helpful votes
1,654 helpful votes
2929 comments|Report abuse
on March 4, 2016
I purchased this as one of my stepson's birthday presents this past fall. He just turned 8, and I was trying to get some more outside toys to play with. I thought that he'd enjoy it, but I had no clue how popular this freakin' toy would be.

All of our kids, ages 2-8 LOVE this thing and so do all of the neighbor kids. It is played with every single time the kids are outside, sometimes for hours. I have never seen my kids play with ANYTHING for hours, but they sure do with this. Taking it out guarantees that every kid under the age of 12 will appear in our yard. I'll be buying a new one shortly so we have more for spring, as well as extra rockets. They've been asking me all winter when they can play with it again, so as soon as the snow-melt mud dries up, it will be waiting.

I knocked off a star because I wish it was sturdier, but for the price, meh.
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
VINE VOICEon September 29, 2017
Every so often in my Cub Scout group, I need a high energy, wear them out, keep them busy kind of activity. When that happens the boys are thrilled when I pull my boxes of Stomp Rockets out.

A junior stomp rocket is similar but smaller. This one is heavier duty and requires more energy and strength to jump on and launch the rocket. What I like is how far the rockets can fly. This keeps the kids running and jumping.

You must first put together a stand that holds the rocket launcher pipe. It is a nice plastic stand but it doesn't stand up very well. This means you will have to adjust it occasionally while you are playing with it. That never bothers the boys so I don't let it bother me.

Over the years I have had these, they have never failed me.
on September 18, 2017
Our neighbors have something very similar to this product, and the kids always have so much fun playing with this that I wanted to get it for my daughters birthday. We celebrated her birthday with our large family out of town and I packed this as a surprise. That is literally the only reason we are keeping it. Such a disappointment. The stand is completely useless. My husband had to make a new stand with some scrap wood that was laying in the garage of the VRBO we were staying in. That being said, when we made a new stand the rocket worked perfectly. The kids had hours of fun with it. Just frustrating to buy something brand new and watch it completely fail for some very excited kids.
on February 12, 2017
My son really likes this toy. He likes stomping on it himself, but really loves it when I do it--it's typically the difference between a 20ft launch and a 150ft+ one. Your experience may be similar if you have children under the age of 8 or so.

After a half dozen uses, one or two fins are torn and the foam tips are starting to show signs of wear. I don't expect our set of three to remain complete very long, but we'll enjoy them as long as we can.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon April 19, 2017
The Original Stomp Rocket is my favorite "go to" gift for the 4-8 year old group. Of course, children of all ages love them - younger and older! We have even had the adults out there stomping! Easy to use and it is great outdoor fun. I purchased this one for a five year old and he is still thanking me for the "greatest present ever"! He and his older brother (7) spent hours outside playing. As a side note, we have also purchased the Stomp Rocket Junior and love that as well!
on April 6, 2017
Tons of fun with younger kids. Easy to assemble the stand, and even that can be a fun family activity that makes (small) kids feel useful and handy. Then you have all the target practice, etc. out in the yard.

However.... "20 stories high" like the write-up says?? Noooooo waaaaay. I'd guess about four stories, and that's with me (Dad) stomping on the launcher. Misleading write-up is the only reason I gave it 4 instead of 5 stars.
on March 9, 2017
I bought this as a birthday gift for my little brother and he has really enjoyed it! I played with it with him for a while and it seemed to work exactly as it should. It was actually pretty amazing how high it would launch into the air. The pad you jump on seemed fairly durable and seemed fine with my 160 pounds jumping on it. I would definitely recommend this as a gift for any young boy or girl. Very pleased with my purchase.
on September 1, 2017
Ok......so I was a little disappointed with this one. It works as it says. My three rowdy boys LOVED playing with it. However, the plastic stand that the rockets sit on is cheap and flimsy. It kept bending with the weight of the rocket (which is only light foam) and falling over. Assembly was pretty easy but that darn stand is a joke. It should have been metal. But hey.....I guess that's what you get for under ten dollars.
on April 17, 2017
There were instructions on the box yet not on a piece of paper in the box. I found it a bit frustrating to assemble but it was a lot of fun to play with! The rockets blasted high, were easy to reload and made of quality material. I would purchase this again.
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.