Industrial Deals HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Get 10% back on select Bang & Olufsen products Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

VINE VOICEon January 12, 2009
Prior to purchasing, I searched all over to try and figure out the difference between the Ultra Stomp Rocket and the Junior Stomp Rocket Kit. Both products list for a similar price. The Junior version advertises that rockets will soar up to 100 feet in the air and the Ultra version lists a slightly higher height of up to 200 feet. But the age ranges for the 2 products are substantially different with the Junior Stomp Rocket recommending ages 3-8 and the Ultra Stomp Rocket recommending ages 8+.

For my 4yo son, we started with the Junior Stomp Rocket. He LOVES it! When/If going outside is not possible, he holds the stomp pad under his arm and points the rocket and shoots the missiles around the house. Because the rockets are all foam, they do not do any damage to walls, furniture, (or mom and dad, thankfully). When outside, my son literally plays with this toy for hours, adjusting and playing around with how hard you need to stomp to get the rocket to go really high.

Both the Ultra and the Junior Stomp Rocket kits come with a plastic rectangular "stomp pad" connected to a flexible tube. The end of the tube connects to one of the plastic/foam rockets (4 are includeded in each kit). There is a small plastic stand that you can put together to use as a launch base. Snap the plastic tube onto the base and stomp on the pad. Air is shot through the tube and propels the foam rocket up into the air.

We now have both the Ultra and the Junior Stomp Rocket kits and the only real difference I found is in the size and shape of the rocket missiles. The Ultra Stomp Rocket missiles are larger in size and shape. They have a plastic shaft with small plastic fins on the bottom and a large foam head. The junior stomp rocket missiles are smaller and made entirely of foam. Other than that, the launching equipment for both are exactly the same.

Refill Rockets for both the Junior and Ultra models come in varying colors and sell (at least on Amazon) for under $[...].

Whether you buy the Ultra Stomp Rocket (listed here) or it's sister product Junior Stomp Rocket, you will be getting a fantastic toy! This toy is so simple - no assembly required, no batteries, just easy to use and loads of fun!

I do have a slight preference in favor of the Junior Stomp Rocket, only because I like the missiles that are all foam if you are going to be using the toy inside. Also, the junior version has glow in the dark refill rockets. Really cool for night time use Junior Stomp Rocket Toy Glow in the Dark Refills. For some reason, you can only get the glow in the dark refills in the "junior" size.
2929 comments| 1,676 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 28, 2012
Let me tell you in a secret: when it rains, it's because of all the holes my kids poked in the sky with this stomp rocket!

Used and abused, and still works. The tripod stand is not a technical marvel, but it works (the thing comes apart all the times...) Other than that, just keep on stomping... Oh, it came with additional rockets - hurray!

Update (6 months later) - Downgraded to 3 stars. This is a fun toy, BUT it won't be fun for long... After a few months of abuse it finally gave up. The tripod is indeed the weakest link here, and of course this is the part that died. I tried using some wood to build one myself, but it just wasn't working... So we bought from a local store a model similar to this one: Marky Sparky Blast Pad Advanced Missile Launch System What a difference!!!! It is so much durable, powerful, and better designed. We gave several as gifts in the mean time and it is always a success with the kids. So don't waste you money on the Ultra Stomp and get the Blast Pad!
11 comment| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 4, 2016
I purchased this as one of my stepson's birthday presents this past fall. He just turned 8, and I was trying to get some more outside toys to play with. I thought that he'd enjoy it, but I had no clue how popular this freakin' toy would be.

All of our kids, ages 2-8 LOVE this thing and so do all of the neighbor kids. It is played with every single time the kids are outside, sometimes for hours. I have never seen my kids play with ANYTHING for hours, but they sure do with this. Taking it out guarantees that every kid under the age of 12 will appear in our yard. I'll be buying a new one shortly so we have more for spring, as well as extra rockets. They've been asking me all winter when they can play with it again, so as soon as the snow-melt mud dries up, it will be waiting.

I knocked off a star because I wish it was sturdier, but for the price, meh.
on January 17, 2015
This thing is awesome! As in it impressed the heck out of my 9 year old son and me too!

We gave this to my son for Christmas because he wanted a rocket (and I didn't want to buy rocket fuel). When he first saw it he read on the front that it'd go "nearly 200 feet in the air" and he said, "Yeah, right! No way!" Uhm...yes way...as in this thing FLIES!!!

We took it outside & set it up and I jumped on the air bag and the thing shot really high into the air and impressed the heck out of my son. "Holy cow! That IS AWESOME!!!" Yep! This thing rocks!

Setup is pretty straight forward, although the stand is kind of a pain to assemble (it's hard to put the third piece between the other two). But once you get it set up, it's all fun! We shot the rocket several times; each of us trying to get it higher than the other. I even jumped on the air bag with both feet (all 185 lbs of myself) and that sucker shot sky high! Oh yeah! It rocked!

What's cool too is this thing is pretty robust. I wasn't being gingerly about my jumps at all (basically jumping as high as I could & landing on the bag to get the most pressure). It took it all and still lived to see another flight.

The rockets are fairing pretty well too. So far we haven't landed one on a roof somewhere and the ends are all still in great shape. If you're looking for a fairly inexpensive toy that'll bring a ton of fun to your kids and that won't break after the second use, you gotta try this thing! It'll put a grin on the face of anyone who uses it (this "adult guy" turned into a giddy kid while using it--HUGE grins produced!)

The airbag is a fairly pliable plastic material that is holding up extremely well (even to repeated jumps from a 185 lb guy--with both feet!). Get it for nothing more than the priceless look it'll produce on your sons face when he see's just how high this thing flies. The price is great; especially for the sheer joy & entertainment it'll bring to everyone using and watching it.
on July 25, 2016
This is a favorite toy at my house. This particular set of the Ultra Stomp Rocket came with 2 additional rockets for a total of 6 rockets. We already had one set and purchased this set so that both kids could stomp a rocket at the same time. Previously, they would take turns and try to figure out whose rocket went farthest or the highest. Now, they stomp their rockets at the same time and it is easy to see who wins! This is a great toy. The kids have fun outdoors and it is powered by them! I can't say for sure if they go up 200ft into the air,-How can I measure? I can say that they go up farther than our mature trees and the telephone poles. How far they go is dictated by how hard you stomp. Even my 7 year old can make the rocket go way up.
I really liked that this kit had two extra rockets. The launch stand can be adjusted so that the angle of launch can be changed. The rockets can go straight up or can be sent down the street. We have lots of trees on our street, so rockets do end up in trees. Rockets also end up on roofs. They eventually come down. Even though the rockets from our previous kit spent many days/nights in the trees/on the roofs, they are still in great shape. The rockets are soft but durable. The part you stomp on is also very durable.
This is not the only brand of rockets we have had. We have had two others that I can think of and the Ultra Stomp Rocket is the best. It is easy for kids to use by themselves. The recommended age on this toy if 6+. However, I found that my 4 year old was able to play with it if she had either her older sibling or a parent to help a bit. She needed help to aim it in the right direction. She also needed help stomping if she wanted it to go really far. She was able to get it to go high enough on her own to make her jump with joy.
My family highly recommends this toy.
Overall, a quality toy that is fun for all ages and genders to play with. (Even parents have fun!)
Top Contributor: Runningon February 12, 2017
My son really likes this toy. He likes stomping on it himself, but really loves it when I do it--it's typically the difference between a 20ft launch and a 150ft+ one. Your experience may be similar if you have children under the age of 8 or so.

After a half dozen uses, one or two fins are torn and the foam tips are starting to show signs of wear. I don't expect our set of three to remain complete very long, but we'll enjoy them as long as we can.
on September 29, 2017
Every so often in my Cub Scout group, I need a high energy, wear them out, keep them busy kind of activity. When that happens the boys are thrilled when I pull my boxes of Stomp Rockets out.

A junior stomp rocket is similar but smaller. This one is heavier duty and requires more energy and strength to jump on and launch the rocket. What I like is how far the rockets can fly. This keeps the kids running and jumping.

You must first put together a stand that holds the rocket launcher pipe. It is a nice plastic stand but it doesn't stand up very well. This means you will have to adjust it occasionally while you are playing with it. That never bothers the boys so I don't let it bother me.

Over the years I have had these, they have never failed me.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 22, 2016
We bought it as a gift for a rambunctious four-year-old. Even though the box says it is for ages 6+ he still thoroughly enjoyed it. His 2-year-old sister even had fun with the thing. Granted, neither of them got the rockets to shoot more than 20 feet, but any farther and they wouldn't have retrieved them. We only had two issues; 1.) it was so much fun that it took a lot of self-control and adult intervention to facilitate actual "sharing" as neither child wanted to stop using it, and they had to take turns. 2.) The tripod that comes with the rockets is not well built and falls apart with use, meaning you have to continue putting it back together. This is something a touch of duct tape can fix. All in all, good quality fun for the price we paid.
on November 26, 2017
Lasted 10 minutes before it broke. Had to duct tape it together before i even used it cause it wouldnt stand up. Then after 5 times my 3 year old cracked the tube. Its crap. Dont buy it. Spend the extra cash and get the one with 2 launchers.
on July 20, 2016
I ordered one for my grandson who is about to be 4. We had a blast playing with it, both indoors and out. They have high ceilings, so indoors was fun to see if they could hit the ceiling - and they could! They loved it so much I ordered another as a birthday gift and it also has been a huge hit. This will now be my go-to gift! One drawback is, the stand is a little wonky. On one we just used colorful duct tape to keep it together. On the other, the tube didn't want to stay upright, but there again, a couple inches of duct tape worked to stabilize it. For less than $20 and months of playtime, its a winner! Not forgotten in the back of the playroom with the other toys.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.