Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win STEM Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

VINE VOICEon January 12, 2009
Prior to purchasing, I searched all over to try and figure out the difference between the Ultra Stomp Rocket and the Junior Stomp Rocket Kit. Both products list for a similar price. The Junior version advertises that rockets will soar up to 100 feet in the air and the Ultra version lists a slightly higher height of up to 200 feet. But the age ranges for the 2 products are substantially different with the Junior Stomp Rocket recommending ages 3-8 and the Ultra Stomp Rocket recommending ages 8+.

For my 4yo son, we started with the Junior Stomp Rocket. He LOVES it! When/If going outside is not possible, he holds the stomp pad under his arm and points the rocket and shoots the missiles around the house. Because the rockets are all foam, they do not do any damage to walls, furniture, (or mom and dad, thankfully). When outside, my son literally plays with this toy for hours, adjusting and playing around with how hard you need to stomp to get the rocket to go really high.

Both the Ultra and the Junior Stomp Rocket kits come with a plastic rectangular "stomp pad" connected to a flexible tube. The end of the tube connects to one of the plastic/foam rockets (4 are includeded in each kit). There is a small plastic stand that you can put together to use as a launch base. Snap the plastic tube onto the base and stomp on the pad. Air is shot through the tube and propels the foam rocket up into the air.

We now have both the Ultra and the Junior Stomp Rocket kits and the only real difference I found is in the size and shape of the rocket missiles. The Ultra Stomp Rocket missiles are larger in size and shape. They have a plastic shaft with small plastic fins on the bottom and a large foam head. The junior stomp rocket missiles are smaller and made entirely of foam. Other than that, the launching equipment for both are exactly the same.

Refill Rockets for both the Junior and Ultra models come in varying colors and sell (at least on Amazon) for under $[...].

Whether you buy the Ultra Stomp Rocket (listed here) or it's sister product Junior Stomp Rocket, you will be getting a fantastic toy! This toy is so simple - no assembly required, no batteries, just easy to use and loads of fun!

I do have a slight preference in favor of the Junior Stomp Rocket, only because I like the missiles that are all foam if you are going to be using the toy inside. Also, the junior version has glow in the dark refill rockets. Really cool for night time use Junior Stomp Rocket Toy Glow in the Dark Refills. For some reason, you can only get the glow in the dark refills in the "junior" size.
2929 comments| 1,662 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
VINE VOICEon September 29, 2017
Every so often in my Cub Scout group, I need a high energy, wear them out, keep them busy kind of activity. When that happens the boys are thrilled when I pull my boxes of Stomp Rockets out.

A junior stomp rocket is similar but smaller. This one is heavier duty and requires more energy and strength to jump on and launch the rocket. What I like is how far the rockets can fly. This keeps the kids running and jumping.

You must first put together a stand that holds the rocket launcher pipe. It is a nice plastic stand but it doesn't stand up very well. This means you will have to adjust it occasionally while you are playing with it. That never bothers the boys so I don't let it bother me.

Over the years I have had these, they have never failed me.
on February 12, 2017
My son really likes this toy. He likes stomping on it himself, but really loves it when I do it--it's typically the difference between a 20ft launch and a 150ft+ one. Your experience may be similar if you have children under the age of 8 or so.

After a half dozen uses, one or two fins are torn and the foam tips are starting to show signs of wear. I don't expect our set of three to remain complete very long, but we'll enjoy them as long as we can.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon April 19, 2017
The Original Stomp Rocket is my favorite "go to" gift for the 4-8 year old group. Of course, children of all ages love them - younger and older! We have even had the adults out there stomping! Easy to use and it is great outdoor fun. I purchased this one for a five year old and he is still thanking me for the "greatest present ever"! He and his older brother (7) spent hours outside playing. As a side note, we have also purchased the Stomp Rocket Junior and love that as well!
on April 6, 2017
Tons of fun with younger kids. Easy to assemble the stand, and even that can be a fun family activity that makes (small) kids feel useful and handy. Then you have all the target practice, etc. out in the yard.

However.... "20 stories high" like the write-up says?? Noooooo waaaaay. I'd guess about four stories, and that's with me (Dad) stomping on the launcher. Misleading write-up is the only reason I gave it 4 instead of 5 stars.
on September 1, 2017
Ok......so I was a little disappointed with this one. It works as it says. My three rowdy boys LOVED playing with it. However, the plastic stand that the rockets sit on is cheap and flimsy. It kept bending with the weight of the rocket (which is only light foam) and falling over. Assembly was pretty easy but that darn stand is a joke. It should have been metal. But hey.....I guess that's what you get for under ten dollars.
on April 17, 2017
There were instructions on the box yet not on a piece of paper in the box. I found it a bit frustrating to assemble but it was a lot of fun to play with! The rockets blasted high, were easy to reload and made of quality material. I would purchase this again.
on May 13, 2013
Simple to assemble, easy to use, requires no batteries and no instructions. Just put a rocket on and then stomp the stomper! I have bought this for multiple nephews and everyone loves it. It is great for gatherings and parties as well- it gets the kids outside and never gets boring because they can compete for who shoots it the highest, or they can aim it at things and stomp. I would recommend getting the refill kit just so the fun stays moving at a good pace.
on June 27, 2017
The grandkids and their grandpa love playing with this. The 4 year old would take a running jump and the rocket would fly up onto the balcony or all the way over it into the foyer. Lots of screaming and hollering while using this. The big foam tips on the rockets make it pretty hard to get hurt with them even when I got "accidentally" shot.
on May 4, 2017
Kids have a blast with it every time we play outside. Parents be warned: buy replacement rockets. These rockets get ruined or lost like socks in the laundry room.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.