YED Save up to 90% on textbooks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save nav_sap_shop_all_hm_cal Shop now Shop Popular Services SneakyPete SneakyPete SneakyPete  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 1,538 reviews(Verified Purchases). Show all reviews
VINE VOICEon January 12, 2009
Prior to purchasing, I searched all over to try and figure out the difference between the Ultra Stomp Rocket and the Junior Stomp Rocket Kit. Both products list for a similar price. The Junior version advertises that rockets will soar up to 100 feet in the air and the Ultra version lists a slightly higher height of up to 200 feet. But the age ranges for the 2 products are substantially different with the Junior Stomp Rocket recommending ages 3-8 and the Ultra Stomp Rocket recommending ages 8+.

For my 4yo son, we started with the Junior Stomp Rocket. He LOVES it! When/If going outside is not possible, he holds the stomp pad under his arm and points the rocket and shoots the missiles around the house. Because the rockets are all foam, they do not do any damage to walls, furniture, (or mom and dad, thankfully). When outside, my son literally plays with this toy for hours, adjusting and playing around with how hard you need to stomp to get the rocket to go really high.

Both the Ultra and the Junior Stomp Rocket kits come with a plastic rectangular "stomp pad" connected to a flexible tube. The end of the tube connects to one of the plastic/foam rockets (4 are includeded in each kit). There is a small plastic stand that you can put together to use as a launch base. Snap the plastic tube onto the base and stomp on the pad. Air is shot through the tube and propels the foam rocket up into the air.

We now have both the Ultra and the Junior Stomp Rocket kits and the only real difference I found is in the size and shape of the rocket missiles. The Ultra Stomp Rocket missiles are larger in size and shape. They have a plastic shaft with small plastic fins on the bottom and a large foam head. The junior stomp rocket missiles are smaller and made entirely of foam. Other than that, the launching equipment for both are exactly the same.

Refill Rockets for both the Junior and Ultra models come in varying colors and sell (at least on Amazon) for under $[...].

Whether you buy the Ultra Stomp Rocket (listed here) or it's sister product Junior Stomp Rocket, you will be getting a fantastic toy! This toy is so simple - no assembly required, no batteries, just easy to use and loads of fun!

I do have a slight preference in favor of the Junior Stomp Rocket, only because I like the missiles that are all foam if you are going to be using the toy inside. Also, the junior version has glow in the dark refill rockets. Really cool for night time use Junior Stomp Rocket Toy Glow in the Dark Refills. For some reason, you can only get the glow in the dark refills in the "junior" size.
2929 comments| 1,593 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 28, 2012
If you going to buy this toy I recommend buy extra rocket, because the fin and the rocket itself will torn in few used especially on hard surface like driveway.
on November 9, 2006
Bought this for my 2 year old as a way to spark interest in rockets. He loves jumping on it and watching the rockets cruise through the air. He has no problem loading them or firing them. He also likes watching the bigger kids (like dad) launch them also. It seems to be made well and hasnt fallen apart on us yet. A good way to blow off some steam after work and play with your kid.
on July 9, 2016
Sturdy enough to hold up to preschoolers stomping the hell out of it during supervised play for 9 months. Was torn apart in one afternoon when I wasn't supervising and their a-hole siblings got ahold of it, but that's more a parenting issue than a product problem.

That said, this is an awesome toy and I think every kid should have one. Lots of opportunity to learn and have fun (what if I aim it this way? can I stomp harder and make it go higher? What happens when Billy doesn't heed Teacher's warning and he runs into the NO GO zone and looks down on it just as I jump? Do eyeballs grow back or are they one and done?).

Seriously. Billy's dumb. I told him like 4 times to make better choices. He didn't lose an eye. It's totally safe. But it sure scared him. hehehehe. Oh, Billy. I'm so glad you're in kindergarten now.

It's a great open-ended toy.
on May 3, 2010
Fun toy, the kids love it but you should buy extra rockets as they don't last too long.
on November 4, 2015
The boys loved it, But it was pretty short lived. My nephews loved the stomp rockets, but they were not long lived. The plastic shafts the rockets were attached to were very easily cracked. also, the stand that comes with it is very flimsy. usually one nephew would lay on the ground holding the rocket upward while I or another nephew would stomp.

This is a great toy, but it could be improved. The shafts of the rocket need work, and I Think the bladder that you stomp could be bigger. The thing that the company can't solve is that the kids know the adults can make it go higher, and will relentlessly ask for you to stomp on it. know that before you buy it.

I gave it 4 stars because of how much fun it is, and for the fact that it gets kids outdoors. I give it 3 stars for durability.
on April 7, 2013
I wish my 3 year old didn't like this so much or I'd return it now. Rocket 1 of 4 broke day 1 after 5 minutes. It looks like they sacrificed the weight of a big foam tip for a scheaper then cheap shaft and fins. Base could have a little more weight to it. I would suggest manufacturer include a tube of superglue so we can try to fix these fins that are not meant to survive at all. I'll have to wait to return until the other rockets break tomorrow and my kid cries. Really a terribly cheap product that has no chance of surviving any children.
on September 22, 2016
I REALLY LOVE the concept of the Stomp Rocket and my 4 year old loves it as well. BUT reasoning for only giving 3 stars is the base of the rocket launcher. It falls apart every single time you stomp the air compact to launch. Even after putting it back together, I've cautiously placed it in the grass and the legs just fall apart. It's very frustrating to have to put it back after every single launch. My son and I just started to hold the blue tube to launch the rockets because we got tired of putting the legs back together. If the base was tweaked to not fall apart when a fly lands on it, this product would be awesome. But I wouldn't recommend buying until that happens, it seems very cheaply made and put together. My son needs me to put the base back together for him after every single rocket launch, which means I can't relax while he plays. It's waaaay to complicated for a 4 year old to understand how to connect the legs for the base. As an adult, it took me a minute or two to figure it out. I'm going to try gluing the legs together just to bypass all the fuss of the base falling apart constantly. Which I really didn't want to do, because that makes for more difficult storage. So someone needs to come up with a new base for a this product!!
review image review image review image
on February 20, 2015
Cheap construction & the base doesn't stay together for them to jump on it. We've had to duck tape it, but it still doesn't stay together well. Very cheaply made. If you can keep the base together somehow, it does shoot the rocket great. But the cheap-o base made it more frustrating then fun.
on October 17, 2013
I don’t know how this product got almost 5 stars when it is poorly made and very flimsy, the upper/tube part moved easy depending on the hose position, I moved the pipe on the other side of the support bracket and now seems to stay straight better. My 4 year old had fun for 2 days and that’s it. It’s fun at first but they get bored fast with this toy. See my pictures and decide.
review image review image review image review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.