|Screen Size||669.29 inches|
|Processor||1 GHz AMD Athlon|
|Hard Drive||1 GB|
|Card Description||This is the description of the PC Graphics|
|Graphics Card Ram Size||256 MB|
|Wireless Type||802.11B, 802.11A, 802.11G|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $7.24 shipping
+ $7.24 shipping
D-Link 24-Port Rackmountable Gigabit Switch DGS-1024D
|Price:||$122.34 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$10.38 (8%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Twenty-four (24) 10/100/1000 Mbps Ports
- DIP Switches for control of key features
- QoS for prompt delivery of voice, video, and data traffic
- Supports Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) for reduced energy consumption
- Fanless, rack mountable metal housing, built-to-last
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: D-Link 24-Port Rackmountable Gigabit Switch DGS-1024D
|Price||$122.34||$79.95||$159.95||See price in cart|
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Data Transfer Rate||1000 Megabits Per Second||1000 Megabits Per Second||1000 Megabits Per Second||1000 Megabits Per Second|
|Size||24-Port Gigabit||24-Port Gigabit||24 Port Rack||Information not provided|
|Wattage||13.5 Watts||14.6 Watts||16 Watts||14.83 Watts|
|Item Weight||5 pounds||5.9 pounds||4.97 pounds||3.68 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
DGS-1024D: 24-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Desktop/Rackmount Switch
The D-Link 24-Port Gigabit Switch allows you to quickly set up a fast, reliable, and efficient wired network in your home or office.
Gigabit Connection for Home and SOHO
The DGS-1024D switch bring the speed of Gigabit Ethernet to each and every port for a truly high-speed network. If your network has a mix of legacy and modern computing capabilities, each port allows for 10Mbps standard Ethernet, 100 Mbps Fast Ethernet, or 1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet connections. You have the latest technology available to every computer and device connected to your network.
Function Controlled DIP Switch
- EEE: Enable/Disable IEEE 802.az Energy-Efficient Ethernet
- Flow Control: Enable/Disable Flow Control
Port Isolation and Storm Control:
- Port Isolation: When enabled, ports 1 to 23 will be isolated from each other, but will still be able to communicate with port 24. Port 24 will be able to communicate with all the ports available on this switch
- Storm Control: When enabled, a broadcast storm control threshold value of 128 kbps will be applied to incoming broadcast packets on all ports
The DGS-1024D help you conserve energy automatically through several methods. It automatically power down ports that have no link, saving substantial amounts of power by cutting power usage for unused ports or any ports connected to computers that have been shut down.
Plug and Play Installation
The DGS-1024D switch was designed for Plug-and-Play and hassle-free installation. Auto-MDI/MDI-X crossover on all ports eliminates the need for crossover cables when connecting to another switch or hub. Auto-negotiation on each port senses the link speed of a network device and intelligently adjusts for compatibility and optimal performance. Diagnostic LEDs and cable diagnostics allow for quick detection and correction of network problems.
- 24 Gigabit Ethernet ports for fast network speeds
- Desktop or rackmountable metal housing - rackmount brackets included
- Fanless design for silent operation
- IEEE 802.3x Flow Control
- Port Isolation and Broadcast Storm Control
- Auto MDI/MDI-X crossover for all ports
- Full/half-duplex for Ethernet/Fast Ethernet speeds
- Jumbo Frame support
- Innovative D-Link Green Ethernet Technology conserves energy
- Link status detection reduces power usage
- 802.3az EEE reduces power consumption significantly
- RoHS compliant
- Plug-and-play installation
Limited Lifetime Warranty
D-Link offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty on the DGS-1024D unmanaged switch to further its commitment to product quality and long-term customer confidence.
|Port Type||Fast Ethernet||Fast Ethernet||Gigabit||Gigabit|
|Number of Ports||16||24||16||24|
|Form Factor||Desktop / Rackmount||Desktop / Rackmount||Desktop / Rackmount||Desktop / Rackmount|
|Switching Capacity||3.2 Gbps||4.8 Gbps||32 Gbps||48 Gbps|
|IEEE 802.3az (EEE)||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|Warranty||Limited Lifetime||Limited Lifetime||Limited Lifetime||Limited Lifetime|
|This Product Is ENERGY STAR® Qualified|
Products that earn the ENERGY STAR prevent greenhouse gas emissions by meeting strict energy-efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy--plus they help us all save money while making a difference. Find out more about ENERGY STAR.
Top Customer Reviews
The Amazon description for this switch is out of date. The current version of the product indicates that with the latest power supply it is up to 73% more efficient than similar non green D-link switches. Also worth noting is that the face plate on my unit is a silver color, not the white appearing face plate in the product photos.
I connected this switch on my work bench with a Kill-A-Watt power meter and with nothing else connected this 24 port beast is sipping just 3 watts. With five gigabit devices it is using a miserly 7 watts. Even fully loaded, according to the specs this switch will not use more than about 19 watts. The switch has features that will throttle down power consumption based on device connection speed, cable distance and whether a port is active or not. All of this means that you can build out a very robust home network without leaving something running 24X7 that is consuming a lot of power.
I was close to ordering the competing Netgear product (JGS524) however the Netgear has two fans in it (noisy and prone to failure) where as this D-Link switch is fanless! This is a big deal, as the fan is often the component that will go out over the long term with a product like this... not to mention the noise you will experience if you are anywhere near the device. The Netgear does have a "lifetime" warranty (and better warranty support) where as the D-Link has a 5 year warranty.Read more ›
The D-Link has been working perfectly and seems to run a little cooler and quieter then the Linksys.
This has been working without problems since I installed it in my home network September 2008. After plugging everything in (I don't even know what's on the included CD), I was pleasantly surprised to see that two of our machines (laptops) had 1gb networking.
There are however two things to be aware of:
1) If you wall mount the router like I did, there is not enough clearance behind the unit for the supplied power cable (a normal straight one). Get the slimmest right angle power cable you can find. I needed even a bit more clearance which I achieved by shimming the router away from the face of my 4U wall mount with a few small washers. While not egregious, this was annoying. This could have been easily avoided by the manufacturer, if they had supplied a right angle power cable with the proper clearance.
2) The fan is noisier than any PC or digital device I have in my house. This doesn't matter to me since it is in my basement, but if for some reason it was in habitated space, it would definitely bother me.
So besides the initial clearance problem, I have no qualms.
7/28/10 Update - Product still performs well.
I was also afraid it would be noisy because of its fan, but it turned out to be very quiet as well. I strongly recommend this product.
By the way, this switch came to replace an old D-Link 10/100 hub that worked almost non-stop for 7 years! I have no doubt of D-Link's quality, at least so far.
Finally, I must say that so far I have no complaints on this product, not even the slightest.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I've had this switch for few years now, i have not had to reboot, or touch it since the time i put it in service back in 2012. Read morePublished 21 days ago by Enes G.
It works great, I have not managed fill it up yet but there is still time.Published 6 months ago by William W.
This network switch replaced a newly defective Netgear JFS524 that failed in less than a month placing several people out of service. Read morePublished 8 months ago by PTC
This is the 3rd one that I bought. For the price it is a great product. I bought 2 for my company and I liked it so much I bought one for my home.Published 8 months ago by babs1982