- Brand Name: D-Link
- Model Number: DGL-4300
- Connectivity Technology: wireless
- Network Data Transfer Rate: 108 Megabits Per Second
D-Link DGL-4300 Wireless 108G Gaming Router
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Optimized Gaming Experience with GameFuel Technology
- Up to 108Mbps* 802.11g Wireless Connectivity
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet Ports
- Customizable Settings for Games and Applications
- High-performance CPU supports thousands of concurrent connections--ideal for P2P applications and multiplayer interactivity
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
This is a gamer modem, and the help files and web manual provide good information as to how to set it up. It even has the settings to port replicate many popular game already built in. In addition, it has a special gamer network traffic section to keep your games running on an even keel over your network. I works, but better with some games than others. While I can't speak for any screaming, bleeding edge speed boosters, it seemed fast. I connected my old Windows 98SE machine using a Hawking, USB, wireless receiver, and it just worked! I experienced none of the problems I'd read horror stories about with other wireless routers.
Connection is a snap. Disconnect your cable modem from the back of your comp, connects its ethernet cable to your new D-Link router, run the included cable from the D-link to your ethernet port on your comp. (If your computer was connected with USB, you might need a $10 ethernet PCI card if you don't have an ethernet connection.Read more ›
On a whim, I purchased this from CompUSA. I'd had problems with D-Link in the past - two wireless routers in a row died in less than a year, just prior to purchasing my Linksys G-router. Oh man, how things have changed.
1) VOIP is given priority on this router. I haven't dropped a Vonage call in three weeks.
2) Where before my XBox live signal (XBOX360 w/ wireless-G adapter) was weak and prone to disconnection, this router provides a very robust and stable connection.
3) Both of my Apple Powerbooks connect without issue. I've had problems with both the Linksys and Netgear router and WPA-PSK implementation. It would often kick back my password, deny access to the network, or my Apple would wake from sleep and not be able to find the network. Again, in three weeks, both Powerbooks have connected within seconds using WPA-PSK.
4) It sounds stupid but...this router is attractive. No longer do I feel the need to hid the unit under a desk. It just looks...cool. LEDs are bright, though, so if you game in a darkened room with this router, watch out. ;)
5) More intuitive interface than the competition.
I've heard that D-Link provides weak support for their products, but then, so did Netgear and Linksys, both of whom I called about the VOIP issue and both, naturally, blamed it on the VOIP box. Hopefully, with such an outstanding product, I'm sure I'll never have to avail myself upon D-Link's tech support.
Sure, this router is MUCH more expensive than the competition, but it works as advertised, provides a better WiFi signal and, most importantly, its CONSISTANT.
Router Uptime is now 6 Months.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I just saw that I purchased this back in July of 2006. I still use this little router and it does a great job! Read morePublished 7 months ago by Alex Caldwell
Its so old, look at all the updates on the reviews!
newest update telling you not to buy it
I Would Not buy it!
i used this router for a number of years and it worked perfectly for me on PC and MAC. set up was easy and i liked the option to control bandwidthPublished on June 13, 2014 by Justin Meaney
Used it for about 3 years (2006 to mid 2009). I still have it somewhere in a packing box after I moved. Since I have Uverse now, I've not thought of this router until I today. Read morePublished on February 8, 2014 by Weld Tech
Bought 2 of these back in 05 or 06, one of them finally started giving me issues last month (13). For the math challenged that is about 8 years of non-stop operation. Read morePublished on January 22, 2014 by M. Tabor
It was faster than expected and out preformed what I thought it would. The directions were hard to follow none of them where in englishPublished on January 13, 2014 by jberry
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
See the Top Rated Wireless Routers in our Wireless Router Reviews.