4 Year Office Equipment Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- No deductibles or added costs. Parts, labor and shipping included.
- Power surge covered from day one. Other breakdowns covered after the manufacturer's warranty expires.
- Includes 24/7 tech support - setup, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- File a claim online or by phone 24/7. If we can't repair it, we'll replace it or reimburse the purchase price with an Amazon e-gift card.
- Plans are only valid for new or certified refurbished products purchased in the last 30 days with no pre-existing damage. Protection plan documents will be delivered via email within 24 hours of purchase.
D-Link DGS-2205 5-Port 10/100/1000 Desktop Switch
|Price:||& FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Scare away garden pestsl^Lightweight and multifunctional^Use year after year^Chemical-free pest control
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
Package Contents: 5-port 10/100/1000 Desktop switch, power adapter, wall mount kit, rubber feet, CD-ROM with Product Documentation
The D-Link DGS-2205 5-Port 10/100/1000 Desktop Switch is an excellent solution for expanding your Gigabit network. Gigabit speed is 10 times faster than 100Mbps Fast Ethernet connection - use it for faster transfer of bandwidth-intensive music, video, photos, graphic, and data files. Features like MAC address learning and aging, along with 802.3x flow control alleviate traffic congestion, ensuring reliable and efficient transmission of data. Check e-mail, browse the web, chat with friends and family, and play online games more quickly. Make and receive jitter-free Voice over IP (VoIP) calls and experience lag-free LAN gaming. Delivering exceptional performance, quality, and reliability, the D-Link 5-port 10/100/1000 Desktop Switch (DGS-2205) is the right choice for expanding your wired network or setting up an extreme LAN gaming environment. Minimum System Requirements - Devices supporting 802.3 Ethernet, 802.3u Fast Ethernet, or 802.3ab Gigabit Ethernet; CAT5 Ethernet cable; Network Interface Card for each computer; CD-ROM drive Dimensions(WxDxH) - 5.81 x 4.45 x 1.24 Weight - 0.48 lbs
|This Product Is ENERGY STAR® Qualified|
Products that earn the ENERGY STAR prevent greenhouse gas emissions by meeting strict energy-efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy--plus they help us all save money while making a difference. Find out more about ENERGY STAR.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
In any case, it's probably that this switch failed and stopped working properly or it has a defect. It would have been so much easier if it had just completely failed.... then the problem would have been much easier to find.
Background: I had thought to buy a Linksys-branded network switch since I already was using a Linksys router. But this D-Link was less expensive than a comparable Linksys network switch, and it's been around long enough that D-Link has revised the hardware architecture several times to improve their product. My only concern was, "Will this D-Link play well with my Linksys router?" The answer is, "YES!"
WHAT I LIKE:
- It's stupid easy to install. Plug in the switch, connect it to the router using an ethernet cable. There, done. (You can plug it into any of the five ports on this network switch).
- Inexpensive! Saved me a few dollars over the Linksys brand.
- It has gigabit ethernet, so it's compatible with my gigabit router.
- Seems green. The product literature and box boast about how energy-saving it is.
What Could Be BETTER:
- It's not a stylish piece of hardware. But then, it's just a lowly network switch.
- The CD that comes with it is really useless. When I see a CD, I immediately think I'm supposed to install some software. The enclosed CD just has the electronic copy of the user's manual and little else.
Note: Since you're using one of the five ports to connect this switch to your router, and since you're giving up one of your ports on the router to connect to this network switch, your net gain is really just 3 ports on a 5 port switch. I had 4 ports on my router, but now only 3 of them are connected to devices other than this network switch. I have four available ports on the switch after connecting to the router. So, instead of a 4-port router, I've got a 7-port router + network switch. If you think you'll need more than a 3-port net gain, go for a bigger network switch.
CONCLUSION: This network switch simply works, and it's not expensive, either. Recommended!
1) Display - The lights on the front provide three pieces of information i) Link ii) Speed iii) Activity from two LEDs per port. The lower LED is solid green indicating a link and flashes to indicate activity. The top LED is green for 1000 Mbps and yellow for 100 Mbps. Differentiating using color lets you quickly detect any devices not correctly negotiating the link speed and helped me diagnose a faulty cable.
2) Heat - Unlike my DSL modem, wireless access point, or second switch (I won't mention the brands; but they are not D-Link) this D-Link emits no heat. The device is never even warm to the touch. I have a small wiring cabinet into which I installed my modem and other switch. Two days later the modem died from overheating. Not a problem anymore.
3) Energy Efficiency - Now I haven't actually tested this myself or noticed any savings on my electrical bill, but at the very least it makes me feel better about "going green" with devices that are powered on 24/7. I have no doubt the energy efficiency is a big part of the reason the device stays cooler.
The only downside with the device is that it cannot be easily stacked. Now, if you're looking to stack switches you should probably look at something a little bigger than a 5-port; however, this was a useful feature of my other switch and WAP because I could stack the two together and take up less desk space.
Overall, a five-star product at a great price.