Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 474 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 793 reviews
on May 14, 2014
So I in particularly bought this router because my old classic WRT54g went kaputt on us. I bought this router in addition because I was just browsing the DD-WRT forums for anything to replace it and this seemed suitable and in the price range. That being said, I didnt have too much extensive time with the original firmware on the router but it worked as I guess one would expect it to using the most updated manufacturers firmware. It's signal range was good too. Decent, easy to navigate interface.

Though, it was still missing features from DD-WRT that I wanted. To be honest it's not too bad in the feature department. However I still needed to flash it to DD-WRT. That's where the problems kind of arrive. For some reason flashing this device was a bit of trouble and afterwards I dont know what the hell happened but it worked with DD-WRT but it was a fickle mistress especially when sending too many open connections to it (from like torrenting or maybe too many all-at-once Firefox connections from a tab restoration in the older versions of firefox. I believe cause of this was all due to the memory limits. It could barely support the stripped down version of DD-WRT (I believe micro). So if your plan is like mine to run DD-WRT. Pick a different router
on January 16, 2016
This is a pretty good router for no more than what it is, an inexpensive router. It's considerably better than its two Belkin predecessors, some faster on the same not-very-good, rural America so-called broadband connection, and it's had way fewer failures than the Belkins did.

The Setup CD is *HORRIBLE*. The Setup CD is the difference between this router and 5 stars. If you know how to do router setups - if you've ever set one up for yourself - DO NOT use the stupid CD, just plug the router in, plug your laptop into it, and set it up. The admin pages are well labeled and easy to understand. The router itself works like a champ.

I bought it because I can change the firmware in it, but I haven't done that yet. I'm still glad I bought it.
on July 29, 2011
I bought three of these: one to use as a wired-only router in my basement (feeds a GbE switch with connections to all rooms) and two to use as WAPs at each end of my house. I previously used Linksys WRT54G v4s. I wanted to upgrade to wireless N and still be able to run DD-WRT firmware. The routers are great. Wireless N throughput, range and signal are much improved over G. But the first router had a dead switch port right out of the box. Toward the end of the first 30 days, a switch port on the second router died. Fortunately Amazon's generous return policy has allowed me to exchange the second one without having to deal with D-Link's support. I do question D-Link's quality control, though. In my many years of working in hardware, I've never had two out of three devices go bad so soon. Price is excellent, and with DD-WRT installed, this router screams.

I can't really comment on how good or stable this router is with the stock firmware, as I only used it long enough to ensure the routers actually worked. Once I installed DD-WRT and configured channel bonding (turbo channel width = 40MHz), I'm getting the max rate of 300Mbps. Even better, I have a couple "G" devices (Kindle 3, Withings scale), and even when they're active, my "N" devices still connect at N speeds.
on August 12, 2014
This router works great. N300 and I got a full speed from my Cable modem with 60Mbps on the air. However, I will need to be close to the router. I am going to test out different setting to see if I am able to boost it. I have flash it with DD-WRT Rom. It works almost flawlessly. I love DD-WRT. It allows me to VPN back home and access my movies in my NAS. :-) I can go on road trip and without being bored. :) And seriously, who really watch TV these days. I replaced my old DIR-601 and I found the streaming is a lot smoother than before. And since most of the router on the market doesn't offer VPN server without broke your wallet. it is a very good and secured alternative. I bought this router used for $12. it works crazy well. I don't think I can get anything cheaper than that.
If you want to find out more about DD-WRT. check out: http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/index
on May 9, 2015
These aren't too bad. I really like the software that comes with the device that attaches to your computer. The software allows you to manually set up connections, that would otherwise be set up by windows. These units can last for years as long as you don't power cycle them very often. I would have to power cycle to keep the internet working ... possibly something on the broadband side of the house. After the cycle it would get a connection and I'd be back in business. So, you get a new device and it will take along time to get a connection, so you'd have to power cycle it to recognize the new device. This is about the time the thing would fail. So, went to Western DIgital...give them a try for awhile.
on January 2, 2012
As others have stated, the firmware updates that have occurred in the time period since some of these reviews has fixed all of the problems that anyone may have had with this router. My husband had this router installed within minutes, and I was able to connect with my laptop downstairs with no issues.

I have used this router to stream Amazon Instant Videos, YouTube videos, and play World of Warcraft, all wirelessly, with no noticeable lag.

Considering the price of this router versus other routers in the same category, it is well worth the money.
on June 12, 2014
I've got 3 this type routers. In my opinion it works perfect for normal home usage.
First I didn't know, what kind of router should I buy, so I reviewed many opinions trying to find best solutions.
I've bought the first couple years ago in Poland, then the next one, and the last one in US.
I think it is very easy to set up. Once it's set it works for years.
I've got two laptops, two smartphones and two tablets with different OS (Windows 7 and 8, Android, iOS 7) working on one router at the same time without any issues. It has a pretty good range. I've used to use skype, even if I am on a playground with my kid (approx. 25 m). And it works with one aerial too.
I would recommend it for simply house usage. And the price (25$) is very good for this.
I am not American, so sorry for mistakes.
on September 18, 2015
It’s a great product and with excellent quality. I received it very quickly. I bought this product to replace the current product I’m using in the same category and I must say that it definitely does the job better than I ever would’ve thought. Packaging, materials are all top notch and above my exceptions. I found this product by accident and decided to give it a shot and I couldn’t be happier. It’s lightweight and durable. I don’t believe I will be switching products anytime soon. If you’re contemplating on buying this product I’d definitely give it a shot, I don’t think you will be disappointed!
on January 20, 2016
I used one of these for years using both the stock firmware and DDWRT. I eventually had to replace it since the wireless signal wasn't strong enough in my new home.. but it was great router for the money. the custom firmware for DDWRT was also excellent. It was one of the most stable routers I've owned.

good luck finding one, though.. long since discontinued.
on May 10, 2015
Complete garbage. This router likes to reboot itself frequently and will not stay online. I updated the firmware twice, tried changing settings; disabling traffic shaping, turn off WPS, all that garbage. After screwing around with this thing for like 2 weeks, and getting the exact same result with different cable modems in different locations, I have come to the conclusion that this product is garbage. The price is enticing, but don't waste your time.