Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "D-Link Pan & Tilt Wi-Fi Camera (DCS-5009L)" and save 19% off the $79.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
D-Link Pan & Tilt Wi-Fi Camera (DCS-5009L)
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Ultra-smooth 340° pan and 120° tilt capability with 4x digital zoom lets you keep an eye on a larger area
- 26 feet of night vision allows you to see clearly even in complete darkness
- Motion sensing technology sends you automatic push alert notifications whenever movement is detected
- View and control using the free mydlink Lite app available for iOS, Android devices and Windows Phones
- Wireless Connectivity - 802.11b/g/n Wireless with WEP/WPA/WPA2 security, WPS
- Does not work with Windows 10
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
Your Home is Your Castle. Protect More of It.
View more, do more and protect more of what you value most with the clarity and mobile control of the DCS-5009L.
Pan and Tilt
Remotely pan and tilt live video and keep an eye on a larger area.
Provides around-the-clock surveillance with night vision capability, allowing you to see up to 26 feet in complete darkness.
Sends an email or push alert to your mobile device when motion is detected.
Wi-Fi or Ethernet Connection
Secure connection for flexible placement.
Pan & tilt live video
Cover wider areas of your home with a single camera using the free mydlink app available for iOS, Android and Windows devices.
Pan & tilt live video
Receive smart alerts
No monthly fees
D.I.Y security made easy
|DCS-5009L Pan & Tilt Wi-Fi-Camera||DCS-5030L HD Pan & Tilt Wi-Fi Camera||DCS-960L HD 180-Degree Wi-Fi Camera||DCS-2330L HD Outdoor Wi-Fi Camera|
|Resolution||VGA||720p HD||720p HD||720p HD|
|Field of View||(D) 77.04°||(D) 110.4°||(D) 180°||(D) 66°|
|Pan & Tilt||340° Pan 120° Tilt||340° Pan 120° Tilt||-||-|
|Night Vision||26 ft||16 ft||16 ft||16 ft|
|Sound & Motion Detection||Motion Only||Yes||Yes||Motion Only|
|Local Recording (microSD)||-||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Connection||Wi-Fi / Wired||Wi-Fi||Wi-Fi||Wi-Fi / Wired|
|Outdoor / Weatherproof||-||-||-||Yes|
|App Support||mydlink Lite for iOS, Android & Windows||mydlink Lite for iOS, Android & Windows||mydlink Lite for iOS, Android & Windows||mydlink Lite for iOS, Android & Windows|
|Item Dimensions||5.26 x 4.53 x 4.03 inches|
|Item Weight||0.64 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||1 pound|
Compare to similar items
This item D-Link Pan & Tilt Wi-Fi Camera (DCS-5009L)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||TELEVOIP SECURE SYSTEM||ProElectronics Distributing||Amazon.com||D-Link Systems Inc||D-Link Systems Inc||GeeksHive, Inc.|
|Item Dimensions||4.53 x 4.03 x 5.26 in||4.41 x 4.41 x 4.83 in||4.29 x 4.57 x 5.24 in||11 x 8.5 x 5.5 in||11 x 8.5 x 5.5 in||1.21 x 2.28 x 3.74 in|
View more, do more, and protect more with the clarity and mobile control of D-Link's Pan & Tilt Day/Night Wi-Fi Network Cloud Camera (DCS-5009L). With no monthly fees the exclusive mydlink app you can view and control the camera - anywhere, anytime - on your smartphone or tablet. Experience confident clarity and control with the ultra-smooth pan/tilt and digital zoom functionality. Integrated motion detection and night-vision technology provides around-the-clock surveillance. With simple installation, you'll have an effective, affordable home or business surveillance solution up and running in no time.
Top customer reviews
I downloaded the D-Link Lite App (free) for our Android phones to monitor. You can pan and tilt this camera using your smart phone or tablet. Also, turn motion alert email feature on and off as needed.
Our other 2 cameras are D-Link DSC-931L, with WiFi extender. A great feature.
One reason we bought this is that we also have a D-Link Router.
It was fairly simple to install. Maybe not as easy as some of the 'fake' reviews posted on this item. To connect it to wireless, you do have to connect an ethernet cable, then follow instructions to go wireless.
I purchased this camera because it's able to pan and tilt and works with the MyDLink app, which is a totally awesome and a useful free solution for mobile surveillance, and other D-Link branded options like the recording DVR solution. If I knew the picture quality would be so poor I would have gone for an HD model. The quality only drops when viewing in night vision mode.
Other then the huge concern for me, I actually like the features this camera offers. It's extremely customizable and will satisfy the Geek inside of anyone. It will do for now, but I plan to upgrade to an HD model soon.
I have been buying inexpensive cameras like this for a number of years. I say it is inexpensive because you can spend A LOT more money on these things. So my expectations were not super high based on past experience. I will say that I am really pleased. Pleased enough to buy 3.
I don't have them connected to mydlink or whatever it is. I use them locally only. I will eventually open up internet access and try the email feature but I haven't done it yet so right now they are denied through the router.
1) Set-up was easy. Even though I had to factory reset one of them it was still very quick. I used my iPad.
2) Interface is pretty nice. I have seen enough junk to know they actually cared about the customer when they designed this one. Sure it would be nice to have a few more features but it is, after all, inexpensive.
3) Nice clear picture in day mode and really decent in night mode.
4) Decent range on P/T
5) Motion detection worked fine.
6) Was able to see the picture frame mode on my Roku.
7) Setting up preset positions was very easy and they offer more than I have ever seen.
8) I have been able to access them on PCs, iPads, and iPhones.
1) In full picture mode there can be a 1 to 3 second lag.
2) I don't know if it is my house but every camera I have ever purchased the audio has terrible background noise in a quiet room. This was no exception.
3) The P/Ting is slower than some I have had in the past.
4) I CAN access it on my iPad but in local mode it loses the camera on the list or fails to connect about 30 percent of the time.
5) When I can access it on my iPad the connection time can takes long enough that by the time you access the camera to check on the noise of a delivery being made he/she has been and gone. One of the main reasons I wanted newer ones because none of the ones I had would work on the iPad at all.
6) While the app store does have a free version they also sell better versions for additional money. I am not against making money but that seems off-putting.
7) It clicks a lot during sunrise/sunset even if you make day and night mode manual. I don't have any of mine in areas where it would bother me but I would not want it in a bedroom.
Other than the clicking and the slow access on the iPad my other wishlist item would be the ability to record bigger video files directly from the camera.
I end near where I started. It is cheap. For me, it is a substantial improvement over anything I have purchased in the past. If you want one for surveillance and peace of mind it is fine. If you want to use it for recording important events you need to look at spending more.
I set up two different MyDlink accounts. One private account so I can control, manage and configure without any others messing with it. And one account that I can release to other people/friends (The "MyDlink" account supports simultaneous logins to same account).
This camera has a cool "motion detection" feature where it will snap a 30 second video anytime it detects motion in a zone you designate and email it to you. It can be setup to send pictures to email every few seconds. You can control the direction of the camera remotely. The 5009L (this one) is whisper quiet when it moves/rotates (the 5020L makes a grinding noise when rotating). The Microphone on these cameras are not great quality but pick up a lot of sound from a far distance (it picks up cars traveling on the road several hundred yards away and if the neighbors leave their door open and talk..and the camera is pointed in their direction you can almost hear their conversation better than just using your own ears). I have put the camera outside under a carport/porch-like environment. The camera states that it is not weather/waterproof, but I have had the 5020L outside for almost a year now and have had no problems..However, the carport is nice and dry and the camera has never been directly sprayed/soaked. The cameras do not feel or appear to be sturdy/durable. They are light-weight and plastic but the 5020L has been functioning great for several months.
The mounting is cheap plastic but viable. I have found some other mounting options (depending on your creativity)
THe only problem thus far has been some glitches with the Dlink "MyDlink" account. For awhile it wouldn't load the cameras due to a JAVA/firmware problem...it seems to be fixed now...
THe best news is that the mobile App (free) for my Android (LGG3) works perfectly and did not experience the JAVA/Firmware outage. The App has a few limitations regarding control but quickly and easily accesses the live video (using the MyDlink account/site) and is great for a quick check on your house when you are on the lake 900miles away fishing for bass or looking for Bigfoot.
Most recent customer reviews
• Works to record, send video, send pictures to email